What game are you currently Playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by l8rose, Mar 29, 2018.

1. l8rose

l8rose Neeeeerd Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Right now, I'm playing Dead Maze. A free to play Zombie Survival MMORPG. It's a pretty standard game with fetch quets and the like but it's kind of fun. It's only in beta whih means I don't have as much to do in it as when I first started (just daily quests for me at this point and farming resources). I just enjoy the slightly cartoony violence (nothing is overly graphic) and that I can build up my base with different things to help myself out. I love any game that lets me build and gather things (yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment and endless grinding).

It's also casual enough that it fits my schedule right now so I get my gaming fix in.

So, what game are you currently playing and what keeps you hooked on it?

KayZaman likes this.
  2. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In my household, we just finished Celeste (well...not B-sides, lol) and Super Meat Boy (finally). We're working on a replay of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (I've played it, my husband hasn't). We're also playing a lot of ARMS. Aside from the one RPG we're playing, the thing that is appealing about the other games we've been playing is that if you only have thirty minutes to play, you can still progress and get into the game. I think that's a huge reason why we've been playing a lot of platformers and fighting games at the moment. Low on time.

GolfHacker, KayZaman and l8rose like this.
  3. Philosophus Vagus

Philosophus Vagus The drunken bird dog of rpg maker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Been playing a lot of 7 days to die with my brother recently .it is basically Minecraft with better combat and a zombie survival aspect tacked on. Just a sandbox of scavenging, building fortifications up and surviving hordes. Pretty fun, but no way to lose unless you self-impose penelties on yourself such as permadeath.

Also been playing jak and daxter again recently, it makes me mad because I had to rebuy the PS4 version because the PS3 version isn't compatible with ps4 even though they are the exact same dayum digital transfer sold on the exact same store that sells for both systems but a flash sale tempted me into buying them for the third time. It's a fun platformer, a lot raunchier and sophmoric in it's humor than I remember, but then I was a pretty sheltered kid so it makes sense I just didn't get a lot of the jokes back then.

KayZaman and l8rose like this.
  4. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Online: It's Granblue Fantasy (or I'd say, Grindblue), and I've been playing this for over a year. If you ask me how it's keeping me hooked, honestly I don't know. Maybe it's fun to see my account grow stronger everyday, although I'm reaching end game build that the game is less interesting right now. The only thing left for me is to gacha for more SSR and collections

Offline: I'm currently playing Starbound with FU mods. I like how you could do a lot of things there like building settlement and/or starship with pixel graphics. Despite my design is not as good as other people lol. The content is soooo huge that I usually overwhelmed on what to do.

KayZaman and l8rose like this.
  5. Frogboy

Frogboy I'm not weak to fire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nothing unless "Let's make a plugin" counts as a game. :p

6. l8rose

l8rose Neeeeerd Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Same boat I'm in. Not enough time to play a bunch but still trying to. I've heard good things about Super Meat Boy although I'm not too fond of the side scrollers or action games these days (I dislike games with a lot of 3 Dimensional jumping).

I'm always looking for more Zombie Survival games, how is 7 Days to Die? Is the game more around fighting zombies or scavenging/building? Jak and Daxter is awesome, I still have a copy of that somewhere. And yeah, that's also why I don't deal too much with the PS consoles any more. My PS3 could play PS1 games but not PS2 which kind of infuriated me (so much for Kingdom Hearts).

It's having fun that counts. Grindblue does sound pretty appropriate, especially near end game content. I take it the FU mods are along the same line as "mod it till you break it" that people usually employ for games?

Well... I suppose testing it out counts as playing? lol

Frogboy likes this.
  7. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Strangely enough, nothing at the moment, although I did recently finish making a let's play series on the Ragnarok expansion to Titan Quest, if that counts.

KayZaman likes this.
  8. luzi

luzi Freelance Artist Veteran

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I'm playing Trails of Cold Steel II and some other mobile games like Azur Lane. I haven't log on FFXIV lately since last patch.

9. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I'm currently playing Rakuen (adventure game), Clover Tale (freemium match-3 game), Extravaganza Rising (Dungeon crawler) and Heart's Medicine: Hospital Heat (time management game). Two out of those four are made with RPG Maker. ^^

I must say I'm surprised at how lengthy Rakuen is, given it's a non-combat game made in RPG Maker. I'm currently nearing 7 hours and nearing the end of the game. It's so far been a cute and emotional journey. :)

KayZaman likes this.
  10. l8rose

l8rose Neeeeerd Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That totally counts!

How is FFXIV anyway? I've seen stuff from people playing it but never actually tried it myself.

That's actually pretty cool. Which of the other three is the one made with RPG Maker? Extravaganza Rising?

Matseb2611 likes this.
  11. KayZaman

KayZaman Brother-Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English & Malay
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Frequently playing Counter Strike Global Offensive. Nothing but rush B, plant the bomb, camping and snipe, clutch, defuse the bomb.......Terrorist Wins(always says by game announcer). Yup, you know the game........until a month, I didn’t play it and my performance gone bad when I played it back.

Now, I’m playing Gaia’s Melody : Echoed Melodies because I saw Echo607 posted her latest LP videos on Youtube. So, I gonna beat the game before she’ll post last episode of her LP game.

@Philosophus Vagus How ‘bout Crash?
    @TheoAllen No wonder you asked for help.

12. JtheDuelist

JtheDuelist Just a dev who actually got a game finished Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Unison League, Monster Hunter Generations- you know, my usual stuff.

13. Tai_MT

Tai_MT Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Pokémon X (okay, just finishing up my Pokedex as I move stuff forward from as far back as Colleseum).
    Endless Legend (4X game... it's "decent", but too short and not enough to do in it... aside from the story and murdering everyone, but you can play as a race of Dragons... so... I play it).
    Factorio (it channels my inner need to make things efficient and look pretty. As well as to accumulate massive quantities of goods).
    7 Days to Die (a zombie survival game. Difficult only when you are learning the game. Super easy once you know it. Combat is boring too, but building things is fun).
    Dead By Daylight (Asymmetrical game where you play 4 survivors against 1 killer and try to repair 5 generators and escape. Playing as a Survivor is super easy. Playing as a killer is more fun because it's VASTLY more challenging and requires playing mind games with survivors instead of just requiring you equip the right stuff).
    Warframe (Sometimes, I just like to grind. Plus, no matter what I'm doing, it feels like progress).
    Mass Effect Andromeda (3 achievements left, then I can delete it off my harddrive. Forever. Thankfully.).

And... that's it right now.

14. VisitorsFromDreams

VisitorsFromDreams Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Started playing through Skyrim again, though this time the Special Edition on xbox one. I have tried getting into it a few times but the garbage combat always turned me off. This time I turned down the difficulty a bit so I could focus on exploration and the world and I am enjoying it a lot more than I have in the past. Its a much better game when you remove the gameplay, for me anyway it seems.

I also started God of War: Ascension last night. It didnt seem to make much of a splash when it came out, franchie fatigue perhaps, but im about 2 hours in and having a good time. Despite its age it still looks fantastic.

15. Felicea

Felicea Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm currently playing Pokémon Ultra Sun (trying to fill my shiny living dex), Don't Starve and Uncharted 4 A Thief's End. I'm thinking about starting either Overlord II or Black & White 2 again but I can't decide wich one to play first.

16. luzi

luzi Freelance Artist Veteran

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    For me FFXIV truly is a game deserving of a Final Fantasy title. Even though it's an MMO, playing through its main story quests are very much satisfying and worth your subs. (Can't say I like the boring ARR part though, but it gets so much better by the time Heavensward and Stormblood arrives. It got that much better.)

17. GolfHacker

GolfHacker Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Breath of the Wild. Loving it! I enjoy large, open world games.

Also playing lots of Mario Kart and Wii Sports Resort with my nieces who are visiting this weekend!

18. Astel

Astel The (grey) knight with that funny look Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Sea of Thieves, and... Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    Waiting for the new expansion for No Man's Sky :kaohi:

19. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE. By far one of the most underrated JRPGs ever made. The theme is light, fluffy, silly, and absurd. The mechanics are excellent, the dungeon design is superb, the use of the Wii U tablet actually feels like part of the game and not tacked on, and it doesn't try to be bigger than it is.

It feels like Persona-lite in a lot of ways that are not necessarily bad just different: Shorter game, less angst, more fluffiness, less stress (you get all the time you want to finish all the side stories, rather than Persona's "YOU HAVE ONLY SO MANY DAYS, WHICH SOCIAL LINKS WILL YOU DO!"). It's just a fun game to pick up and play.

20. Tarq

Tarq Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I've been playing Ni No Kuni. Nope, not the new one, I'm behind the times.
    Its a good game but it feels like it got a lot of overwhelmingly positive reviews from sheer fanboyism? The animation, not the style, but the lack of different frames makes it look terrible; its surprising Ghibli didn't revoke their names from it (well, I suppose they did choose to abstain, as a company, from the sequel).
    And as a game its another sub-par performance from Level5 who we've seen do significantly better in the past; was it crossed lines due to working with Ghibli? Have their earlier staff moved on or moved into managment roles as they've grown? All I can say for certain is that there's a lot of silly mistakes that just didn't exist in earlier games when they were lean and couldn't afford to code junk.

...But I'm still gonna finish it. Probably. Like said, it is good. If you can turn a blind eye to the squandered potential. And if it gets a little more chalenging, maybe.