What game are you currently Playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by l8rose, Mar 29, 2018.

1. gomes766

gomes766 Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Playing Elder Scrolls online. Just bought a bigger house and I need to decorate it.

mlogan and Tonko like this.
  2. Tonko

Tonko Club penguin pro player Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm into Danganronpa 2, and also got Word of Warcraft recently. And of course, I eventually play some modded Minecraft :3

3. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Despite the controversy, I got Fallout 76 (for almost 50% off) and I'm really enjoying it.

l8rose likes this.
  4. Mr. Detective

Mr. Detective NATO Special Operative Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Finally hooked up my PS4 last weekend. :biggrin:

I still haven't played any games on it, though. I downloaded Mercenary Kings, Yakuza Kiwami, and MvC3. Apparently I bought BF4 a few years ago but forgot about it. Still haven't played it yet so I wonder if I can still ask for a refund. XD Got the game on PC and it was boring compared to BF3. Got to try the PS4 controller with my tablet, too. :smile: Gaming with emulator works fine, but requires remapping keys for all the emulators since the key layout is so different from the Gamesir. Too bad most of the games on Google Store aren't compatible with the controller, or they don't run very well. Still not sure what to do with the Gamesir yet. I can keep it or sell it for some extra bucks.

HDN Blanc vs Zombies: Thought this was a short game so I decided to play this before jumping into any PS4 games. Didn't expect much from it considering my previous experience with this franchise. It's actually a pretty decent game so far. :stickytongue: Combat isn't deep or anything, and the camera can get in the way at times. Having to level up each characters can be time consuming, too. Best part about the game is the dialogue and story writing. Didn't expect any yuri subplot, though. XD Some of the puns and references were lost on me, though. I think I heard the characters saying Biohazard once, but the subtitles say something else completely unrelated. :rolleyes:

Haven't encountered any truly OP and cheap bosses yet. But considering this is an HDN game, I might run into them eventually. Loving the game so far, despite some flaws, hope it doesn't disappoint me later on. :oops:

Unit 13: Went back for some more missions. Huh, it's quite fun blasting your ways through enemies in this game, when the mission allows you to, of course. :cool:

Are you okay...? Are you hurt anywhere?
    j/k XD

5. joombo

joombo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I like gambling from time to time. Right now I take part in win-win lottery from Drakemall. I just bought surprise box and hope I'll win some cool stuff. Last time I won apple watch in this game!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  6. Vipor_Death_Blade

Vipor_Death_Blade Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Street Fighter V (Arcade Edition)

7. GameFire

GameFire Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Was given a copy of Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana for Xmas (Collector's Edition, on the Nintendo Switch), so now I'm going through and playing the other games (thank you Steam).
    On Ys 2 now, can see why people like the series. Battle system took a little getting used to, but once i figured it out it really became fun.

8. Mr. Detective

First Language:
    English
    Blanc VS Zombies: Finish the story mode. I guess overall, the game is short, but it was good, entertaining, and provided me something different before I jump into another fighting game. Final boss was somewhat... anti-climatic, I think, and I beat it at level 20 or so. There's still some contents left, but I'm not sure if I will spend more time doing these. Maybe I'll jump back in once in a while. :rolleyes:

Unit 13: Got a few more trophies and did some more missions. At this point, I only have about 7-8 missions left, all of which are time-based or stealth required. These are a pain to go through. o_O

SAO Fatal Bullet: I only tried the demo. Skipped over the story contents because I only wanted to see how it plays. For the most part, I like this game. Gonna buy the complete edition for sure. :cool: Graphics look nice, gameplay is pretty much Freedom Wars. Can't speak for the story yet since I saved that for the full game, and I am not familiar with SAO plot. Aiming in this game is kind of hard, though... The texts the appear in game during battle are usually so small for me (and I have bad vision) so I have trouble reading most of them. As a faux MMO game, it does the atmosphere right. I think I used to wish for a game like this. A full-on anime styled game. Glad we are seeing more of these games recently. One strange thing about this game: why the bloody hell do I have to buy ammo? :confused:

Ultimate MVC3: Holy hell... Just started this game yesterday, and I got my ass kicked hard. By CPUs. In normal mode. :eek:
    This game is a complete different beast than the first MvC game. It's also more difficult to learn than the likes of Tekken or Persona 4 Arena. It's not as hard to play as SFxT, Arcana Heart 3, or Under Night, but the CPUs in this game are freaking godlike, at least for a newbie like me. I guess it depends on the CPUs, too. I have a team of Zero, Dante, and Strider that can fight well against Frank West or Wesker. But then in my third match, I ran into a team of Magneto, Hawkeye, and a giant robot guy whose name I forgot. I got rekt so hard. :eek: I was playing on normal control, trying to practice basic combos. After the 10th loss or so I said screw it and switched to simple. And even then, it took me 2-3 tries to beat them. Next, I ran into Viewtiful Joe, and didn't have any issues. The final boss gave me another headache, though. Some of his attacks, I had no idea how to block or dodge them. Took me 5-6 times to finally beat it, and even then, I only have Zero left.

Still gonna keep practicing, but this was beyond my expectation! Anyone played this game before? Did you struggle this much as well? :oops:

By the way, anyone got Doom on PC? I am not in a hurry to buy it. It's on sale for 15 bucks. Did it ever go to down to 10 before?

9. Kaelan

Kaelan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Played Valkyria Chronicles 4 over the holidays. Really enjoying it, it improves on almost everything the first game did, without any of the unnecessary stuff that was added in 2 and 3. I'm finding the story better than the first one too - it has more impact overall, I think. I really wasn't expecting that final mission with Raz.

Also playing a bunch of Under Night when I can find people online. I wish more people played it, it's by far the most fun fighting game I've ever played.

@Mr. Detective You're having a hard time because you're learning the game using 3 hard characters. Zero, Dante and Strider are all really hard to play well. If you really want to play one, I'd suggest picking one of the hard characters and supporting them with two easy characters, like Doom, Sentinel, Wesker, Akuma, Nova, Wolverine, Captain America or Hulk. I used to play Skrull/Sentinel/Wesker and Spider-Man/Storm/Sentinel back when UMVC3 came out.

10. thunderswagthe3rd

thunderswagthe3rd Villager Member

First Language:
    dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    asphalt 9

11. Mr. Detective

First Language:
    English
    Funny you said that, now that I am getting more used to the game. I find Zero, Dante, and Strider among the easier to use characters. Their attacks are easy to perform and link together quickly. :cool: Well, I can only perform short string of combo (read: press different attack buttons together and hope for the best), like triangle+circle+downward left circle, or something similar. Akuma and Ryu are pretty easy to play. I like Captain America, too. He's a decent character. Others, like Spider Man or Chris, are harder to control. I like Spider Man, but he is really hard to use. Chris is okay, just kinda slow. The hardest characters to use so far are Arthur and Raccoon. Arthur moves like a weirdo and raccoon, eh, I recall he has very short range attacks. :confused:

I feel like the CPUs in this game really do cheat on occasions. Sometimes, I feel that their health recovers faster than my characters when they tag out. Or sometimes they do more damage than usual. There are times when I exchange blows to blows with them, and I end up with less health than them, or if I tag another character in, the CPU character recovers HP faster and more. I believe different characters have different amount of HP? But if so, do some characters recover more HP, or faster? And another thing, sometimes when I am about to perform a special attack, the CPU would hit me and my attack would be stopped. But when I try to do the same, my attack simply won't work and I end up taking damage. What the hell? :eek:

Are you still playing PS3? I played Under Night and thought the game was pretty slow and sluggish. Kind of like Arcana Heart 3. But hey, I am not proficient at fighting games. Just saying. :rolleyes:

12. Kaelan

Kaelan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    What can make them hard is that when you get to learning combos, Dante, Zero and Strider all have pretty hard combos compared to most other characters. Whereas character like Sentinel or Wesker can just do simple stuff like LMHS > super jump > MMHS > super and do like 75% of somebody's life. Spider Man is def super hard to play as well, I just liked playing him cause he's cool and I like hitting people with web throws :guffaw:

Characters do have different HP. Most characters have around 900,000~1,000,000. Thor has the highest at 1,250,00 and Phoenix is the lowest at 375,000. Usually fast characters have low HP and slow characters have high HP. It's been a long time, so I can't remember how red health recovery works, but I think it stops recovering for a while if you call a character as an assist and they get hit. So if you use assists a lot, you might recover slower than the CPU.

Under Night will definitely feel slower overall than a game like Marvel since it doesn't have air-dashes or wave-dashing (cancelling dashes into more dashes). It's more a slow and calculated pace - people usually call it 'anime Street Fighter'. But it also has a mechanic called Reverse Chain. In a game like Marvel you can only do attacks in order - Light > Medium > Heavy - and you can't go the other way around. In Under Night, you can do chains in any order, so you can do stuff like Light > Medium > Heavy > Medium > Light. Usually you do this so you can do some big slow move, chain it back into a Light, recover very fast, then start doing big moves again.

It's a bit different from most other fighting games, so if you didn't know about that, the game might feel slower than intended. When you're using everything you can, I think it goes at a pretty good pace, not too slow but not too fast. If you want a fast character, you can always try playing Seth:

I used to play on PS4, but I'm mostly on Steam right now, since that's where all my friends play :)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  13. Lornsteyn

Lornsteyn Sleepy Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Phantom Brave PC
    I bought it with Disgaea 1 and 2 while wintersale.

14. rue669

rue669 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Banner Saga 2 on Switch
    Crosscode on PC

Both excellent and recommended.

15. Windows i7

Windows i7 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Playing Persona 5 again on PS4. First game ever to replace Chrono Trigger for favorite JRPG. Absolutely crushing enemies on a new game plus is fun.

16. BadLittleSeed

BadLittleSeed 100% Organic, 1000% Evil! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've been playing Alundra on the PSX - seriously can't believe this gem passed under my radar for SO long, especially since it shares a ton of similarities with one of my favorite action/puzzle Sega RPGs, Landstalker.

17. artoni

artoni Writer, Editor Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Civ IV, and Kittens Game on my phone. Occasionally Puzzles & Dragons too.

I occasionally still pull up Rimworld/Terraria.

18. Soulrender

Soulrender Villager Member

First Language:
    Poland
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I play Bulletstorm. I love how writters created Gray Hunt, his sense of humour and his rush nature.
    Sometimes I wish I could watch a movie based on this game, but this... It will remain as dream...

19. l8rose

l8rose Neeeeerd Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, no longer playing Dead Maze. Still too little to do in the game. Now I'm alternating between Frostpunk (I am determined to conquer survivor and endless modes even if it kills me), Mystic Messenger (I am really not patient enough for this game) and other random visual novels (or replaying as the case may be as most of the newer ones I like are still only in demo stages).

20. Mr. Detective

First Language:
    English
    Heh. No wonder why she seemed to die too fast when I played as her the other day. XD

Jesus. Do you know exactly how to stop a hyper attack? I can never stop the CPU from using hyper skill, but many times I would have my hyper skill interrupted just by a normal attack. I want to rage every time that happens. :mad: Hell, sometimes the CPU would suddenly become "too smart" and block every move I do, and combo the crap out of me. It's pretty inconsistent and shocks me when that occurs. :rolleyes:

I am convinced that Arthur was put in this game as a handicap for pro players when they fight newbs. This dude has probably the worst moveset and mobility in this game. I would rather shoot myself than play as this dude again. :eek:
    Only got 9 characters left I haven't beaten the game with yet. Kind of a chore to go through. So I just have to beat Galactus with a character to watch his/her ending, right? Do I have to use them from the beginning or choose them as my first character?
    I don't care much for Marvel characters that much, personally. Spider, Captain, and maybe Wolverine are cool, but the rest are like whatever. Capcom characters are more interesting to me, with exceptions, of course. :cool: