What game are you currently Playing?

katharine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For some reason I can't quite settle on one game in particular. I've been playing Persona 5 (for the first time!), replaying Final Fantasy X and VIII, and also playing Final Fantasy: Opera Omnia since I'm a sucker for gacha games. It makes it real hard to make any significant progress in one particular game though. : P

{e} I also forgot that I just finished playing The Legend of Zelda: Dawn & Dusk. It's a mod for N64 Zelda and it was phenomenal. The only reason I got through it though is because of how short it was. Otherwise it would be another game added to my juggling list.

Ateliae

Defying Gravity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Arc Rise Fantasia. Went in for the laughs because of the English voice acting, but I'm pretty much enjoying it/having a great time.

Melgdal

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
from boardgames it is Gloomhaven
From hero shooters it is Borderdlands 3 and I still play HoMM III

Skoops

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Untitled Goose Game has had a profound effect on me. Also about halfway through my second playthrough of Fire Emblem: Three Houses, then it's back to FFXIV until Death Stranding comes out.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Persona 4 Golden: In the middle of November, and currently in intimate relationship with Chie, Yumi, and Marie. XD Harem FTW!
Too bad the nurse just left you.

Finished Naoto and Nanako's dungeon. I feel like the game is getting easier toward the end. Or maybe because I grinded too much? But I just fight all enemies I run into and defeat the extra bosses in old dungeons... Especially now that Naoto is on the team, she can one-shot 90% of enemies with her dark and light attacks.
Rise recovers whatever HP and SP I lost so I don't have to blindly guess the enemies' weakness like I used to anymore. Healing items are mostly useless now. I have 99 of those tap soda and special steak skewers (?). At level 80-ish, I don't think I'll have any trouble with the final boss, whenever I get to the end.

Loved the school festival event! Too bad we'll never get to see Naoto in an actual swimsuit. Sorry Chie. Didn't vote for you.

Speaking of Naoto, I made a mistake with her social link and ruined my chance of making her my girlfriend. There's one social link cutscene in which I had to tell her "I'm glad you're a girl" which seemed out of place and didn't give points, so I chose a different option. Later, I found out that it was necessary to make her fall in love with me. Darn it! And I had the guide with me! If only it had made that clearer!

I still have Rise and Yukiko on level 7. Probably should prioritize them first over the other links...

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Level 80 after Nanako? They must have changed EXP rewards in Golden as on the PS2 version you'd be getting 1 EXP a fight a long time ago in Nanako's dungeon.

Currently been playing Starcraft. Yep, a game 20+ years old. I got tired of current games trying to add 526,782,192 resource types and fired up an older one that knows how to be tough without that.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Currently so hooked up on Monster Hunter World... Waiting to buy Cold Steel 3.

robhr

come on die young
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Final Fantasy VIII remaster.

Probably do a bit of Skyrim after that and then start the Final Fantasy VII remaster. Gotta get that one 100%'d before the remake comes out.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Definitely doing Luigi’s Mansion 3 right now. I’ve only just started it and the very first few rooms do seem a bit light on ghosts. But...dang. Does this game has charm and expression? Dang. Presentation is definitely high on its marks.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Level 80 after Nanako? They must have changed EXP rewards in Golden as on the PS2 version you'd be getting 1 EXP a fight a long time ago in Nanako's dungeon.
I guess so. Never played the PS2 version. I am just breezing through Magatsu Inaba right now. All characters have amp skill and accessory that boost up their elemental skills damage. So I am doing 180% damage for any elemental skills. I didn't know that amp and boost skills can stack until today. If I did, I wouldn't have replaced boost skills with amp skills.

Currently going after Adachi. I played Arena and Ultimax already, so I knew what was coming. Not sure if this dude has any deeper motive, but so far, I expected more from him. He seriously just started killing people because he had a crush on someone, got rejected, and got bored? Eh...

And before we went after him, the party considered killing Namatame. Of all people, Naoto was the one who suggested the idea. Granted, it was Yosuke who wanted to do it the most, but Naoto was the one who hinted at the method.
Seems like at first, Kanji just wanted to hurt the guy. I was shocked at this part, since it was really out of character for Naoto to say that. She didn't even say anything when the other girls opposed the idea. I guess this was to show and remind us that Naoto is not always calmed and composed all the time...?
I kinda wonder what would happen if I chose to suspect other people, instead of Adachi, when Naoto asked.
The only reason why I chose Adachi was because I knew the spoiler. I was afraid what would happen if I chose anyone besides him.

On the plus side, I'm now in intimate relationship with Rise, Chie, Yukiko, Yumi, and Marie. Sorry Naoto, if only I'd read the guide more carefully...

Thank you, Atlus, for making this game, so that old life-long virgin men like me can date underage girls.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Mr. Detective : Yeah, they had to heavily change it, as the PS4 level scales your EXP so if you are more than 5 or 6 levels above the monsters you will get single digit EXP easily. I'm always level 73 - 75 when I fight the final boss.

BTW, about the final boss:

You should read the interview with Atlas after the game came out. They admitted what happened with Adachi was odd, as they got to Nov/Dec of the game and were like "Uh, oh. We need a villain." So they just picked him out of the cast and that is how he became the bad guy.

So yes, it feels odd as they didn't lead up to it well and didn't realize it until late in production.

justlexi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
Other
I have checked on my game storage and have seen this old game called Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines. I just started playing it last weekend and I can say that this game will be part of my favorite RPGs I can't believe that I haven't played this game for a long period of time good thing it still working.

FleshToDust

Eventer, Disliker of Plugins
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im playing Yu-gi-oh! Nightmare Troubadour.

It's pretty good but you dont get much xp after duels so the grind is heavier than newer games of the series.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Playing Trails of Cold Steel 3 and The Show 19

JFB1222

Wind Runner
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars. This is one of the very 1st RPG's I ever got into, and it is so nice to be back.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@JFB1222 Super Mario RPG was my first RPG. It’s always going to be one of my very special games as well.

FleshToDust

Eventer, Disliker of Plugins
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My 1st was Lunar 2 and my second was Final Fantasy IX. Will forever be my favorite FF game.

JFB1222

Wind Runner
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@JFB1222 Super Mario RPG was my first RPG. It’s always going to be one of my very special games as well.
Well, this wasn't my 1st RPG that I ever played. But it was the 1st I could understand what I was reading well enough to know exactly what I had to do.

My 1st one was Ultima III: Exodus on NES. But, I was like 5 at the time.

FluffexStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm playing Spirit Hunter: NG, so far it's a slow start and not very engaging, hopefully it picks up soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This forum is a great source of procrastination for me.
Today I read "The mouth speaks what the heart is full of." Simple, and reminds me I have a ton of work to do.
Why are cats so darn cute when their tongues are sticking out? If I did that, it wouldn't have the same effect.
The joy when you see a notification, the down when it's just a unnecessary quote of one of your posts again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LordLycan95