Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Persona 5 Royal Ultimate Edition. I'm in the second palace with a level 89 persona. Absolute lolz.

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Right now, I'm playing SuperEpic: The Entertainment Wars. It's a metroidvania game starring a raccoon and a llama. The basic plot lampoons those crappy freemium games on your phone like your typical Bejeweled or Bust A Move clone with microtransactions. The game is really fun, and has an extensive combo system that's kind of fun to use, and figure out all these different combos and combinations you can use.

Ironically, there are sections blocked off by QR codes that you can scan, and when you do, it takes you to Regent corp's crappy games, and when you beat those games, you got a code that shuts off the barrier. The games are short and don't outstay their welcome, so this ends up being in a surprising and fun gimmick, and it's kind of humorous how they lampoon those games by having fake stores within the game with fake microtransactions that do nothing if you try to buy anything, but poke fun at how far microtransactions can go by buying difficulty modes and higher graphics and whatnot. Also, one of the games is a Bust A Move clone where the theme is Up on the Housetop. Maybe they missed an opportunity to use the song Bust a Move, or they just couldn't get the rights.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Mostly I've been playing Dragon Quest Builders 2 and Animal Crossing. My first reaction to Dragon Quest Builders was to think it was a Minecraft clone and think "Ugh, why? If I want to play something like this I'd just play Minecraft." But then 2 came out and I got a little curious and I can't actually play Minecraft anyway due to my unusual motion sickness problems and so I gave it a shot. It's not a Minecraft clone, but its own thing in the same genre. More like a cross between Minecraft and an ARPG and
is a direct sequel to Dragon Quest 2
. There's a story that seems silly and simple at first then gets surprisingly darker and deeper as it goes on, still with a light touch so it's not depressing. So I guess it's got a story like a lot of other Dragon Quest games. It also has my current favorite NPC ever as your main party member. They do a lot of non-verbal storytelling with his character through his AI and I'm impressed by it. I've completed the story of the game ages ago which is the only reason I have time for Animal Crossing at all, but there's some post game and lots of places to build things, so I'm going to still be playing for a long time to come. The main thing I'm enjoying with building through DQB2 over Minecraft is that Builders has a lot more options for ways to build with things besides blocks. Things like furniture.

As for Animal Crossing, most people have heard of it already so I won't go into it. But it's my first time playing an AC game. Enjoying it so far, finally understand some of the fandom (though not the obsession with Isabella) and finding it quite relaxing most of the time. I could do without the stress of rare fish, getting event items instead of needed mats, or limited storage space, but other than that it's a chill time.

Jhale M.

Goddess of health, purity and truth.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I'm playing Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis and SaGa Frontier. SaGa Frontier I first played Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis a long, long time ago but I never forgot that game, there was just something I loved so much about it and Final Fantasy Tactics couldn't compare despite being similar and considered higher quality. (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance I played a lot later though and it was more fun than Knight of Lodis, at least at first). I feel like Tactics Ogre is a fun game to master (for speedruns perhaps) with learning how to get new classes and learning where to find the treasures on each map (I think there is 5 on every map) and hiring new units just by paying money and being capable of leveling them up to 30 at hire. There are also quite a few cool skills, although monsters take forever to learn the only skills they can have (unless they are true humanoids and can equip magic because of that) and it can be a bit annoying to not know what the level limit for learning things is. But there is also a "Quest" mode that is such a game breaker as it easily lets you earn advanced (otherwise unobtainable usually) equipment and a bunch of money while in the base game you can't get either of those outside of missions, which can be hard to get everything out of if you are unprepared or trying to go fast. I'm pretty sure I made it to the final boss and if there is no New Game+, then I will be disappointed because this game seems like it could use one.

As for SaGa Frontier, I did a lot of watching gameplay years back and I finally am able to play. Although the game looks formulaic (a lot of things reused between stories) it felt surprisingly fresh to play through myself.. I actually appreciate the ridiculous difficulty curves/misguiding a lot because it feels really nice to have an accidental unwinnable situation even if it is total nonsense. The story telling of SaGa Frontier is arguably the best I've seen from a mainstream developer with Asellus (and I haven't played any other stories in the game except Lute which was interesting, but I got so quickly into a dead end and there probably isn't much more to his route sadly.) I definitely recommend SaGa Frontier to anyone who is willing to put up with a game that can be absolutely wild and unpredictable with plot progression but is overall a fun experience with tons to learn about in its gameplay.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
After 3000 years, I'm finally almost with Blue Reflection. Other than that, I finally got around to starting Dark Cloud since it's in my backlog and my PS2 was plugged in one day when I was playing Digital Devil Saga. I'm a bit eh about it, gameplay wise, though. Currently on pre Shipwreck. Second boss wasn't a fun time.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just started Oreshika on the Vita today. About two hours. Quite confused about the overall gameplay... All these time management and marriage stuff give me a headache already...

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been playing FF7 Remake since I picked it up! Waiting for this game for like over 10 years since that first E3 video that came out hinting at the remake.

I have to say, I am really impressed and happy about the game. I love how they have fleshed out more of the main story quests in this first Midgar-only installment. I've been wondering over the years how they could make 3-4 hours of original gameplay transform into a full game.

The only thing I am disappointed with is the lack of substance in most of the side-quests. However, I think the Witcher 3 has ruined me as far as what counts for acceptable side content in most other RPGs...

But overall, I am really liking the game and looking forward to my hard mode replay!

Ed19

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Empty
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm not really busy recently because I stay at home , I just finished Chrono Trigger. Right now, I'm playing Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not really busy recently because I stay at home , I just finished Chrono Trigger. Right now, I'm playing Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition.
Both great games! I put my ToVDefinitiveE playthrough on hold for time being, but can't wait to get back to it!

Ami

World Maker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Back then,i play god eater burst and mana khemia while live streaming. Both of them are unfinished,just one which ended in my live streaming (the rest are for myself) is Tales of the world Radiant mythology 3

Arrowgantt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I'm a huge fan of Path of Exile and recently. And I play POE like this:

1 Make half decent build in PoB

2 play it with few friends

3 talk sthit with other friends in guild chat

4 start newbuild

5 repeat for next 3-4 weeks

6 waiting for new league

But recently I have no interest when gameplay in POE becomes like work. When building the character for farm and play map after map on very strict item filter it looks like a job for me, routine movements again and again.

That's a real joy, my friend.

Last edited by a moderator:

KellyClark

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Total War: Warhammer. Never played a Total War game before, but I'm addicted to it.

Lenneth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Got back into SWTOR (Star Wars The Old Republic) with my boyfriend. Not really a Star Wars fan but I always liked that game. We haven't touched it for 5-6 years so it all feels brand new again plus expansions added on top of it. Wish choices mattered more but as MMOs go I really like it. Taking a long needed break from Final Fantasy 14 to play it. I've always enjoyed the way it handles cutscenes and dialogue even if it is awkwardly done at times.

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Started playing Halo 2 Anniversary on PC today. This is my first experience of Halo 2. Amazing game so far, especially the OST and level design.

Lornsteyn

Sleepy Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Persona 5 Royal, love it already.
Its still very unbalanced.
You fight normal enemies and think its easy boring, raise difficulty and you have sometimes this enemies which just one hit you. *sigh*
So I just play it on normal with some challenging bosses and just enjoy the story.

Taireaah

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Stardew Valley is my go to when I don't know what I want to play lol. I recently (just last night) started and finished Grimm's Hollow. That was a cute really sweet game and the combat was actually pretty decent if a little tedious (but thats just how it be sometimes). And I really should get around to finishing up Coffee Talk (a game like VA11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action) but finals are currently in the way of sitting down for a nice play through of that sooooo.

PLUEVNR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have been getting really into Deep Rock Galactic lately. This is a mission-based survival co-op game where you plays as a quartet of dwarves and go down into the depths of the planet Hoxxes IV in order to dig up as much valuable stuff as you can for the company you work for, the titular Deep Rock Galactic. Everything about this game is pretty much up my alley. It is class-based with a very TF2 sense of humour and has a great amount of content, with no pay to win aspects. All weapons and cosmetics (except for seasonal cosmetics, which are still free) can be unlocked by going through the game itself. The music and voice-acting is fantastic. The community is also one of the most friwndly I have ever seen for any game. I cannot recommend it enough!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hi, there.
I'm Creta Park, as Software engineer and Indie game developer.

Profile : creft.me/cretapark
GitHub : github.com/creta5164
Blog : creta5164.tumblr.com

My stuff

Who shares/sells their scripts/plugins on itch.io? Can I pick your brain?
If you ever need fantasy names and you're bored, make a fictional alphabet. Switch around the letters and see what you get :p
I JUST GOT PROMOTED TO 9TH GRADE BOIS!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanzx