DeeDee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Currently playing Far Cry 5, a lot xD. Really the only thing I don't like about the game 25hrs in is the fact that story missions get forced on you after a while. And I kinda like to leave (story) missions for when I'm done messing around and exploring. But it's a very enjoyable game nonetheless.

I also started Ni No Kuni 2 but I've been kinda obsessed with Far Cry so I can't really tell if I like or dislike it yet.

zebby

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm re-playing a lot of games as of late. Skyrim on Switch (because why the heck not), Fire Emblem Awakening (still need to finish Fates, too) and my yearly run of Pokémon Yellow on my old GBC~! That has to suffice until I decide on which new games to get. That's quite a long list now!:kaoswt:

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE. By far one of the most underrated JRPGs ever made. The theme is light, fluffy, silly, and absurd. The mechanics are excellent, the dungeon design is superb, the use of the Wii U tablet actually feels like part of the game and not tacked on, and it doesn't try to be bigger than it is.

It feels like Persona-lite in a lot of ways that are not necessarily bad just different: Shorter game, less angst, more fluffiness, less stress (you get all the time you want to finish all the side stories, rather than Persona's "YOU HAVE ONLY SO MANY DAYS, WHICH SOCIAL LINKS WILL YOU DO!"). It's just a fun game to pick up and play.
I was really turned off by that reveal when I was hoping for a more 'proper' SMT x FE shown in the 2013 teaser. But now that the Wii U is gone and its games are dropping in price (Got DCK: Tropical Freeze for $15 late last year, another amazing overlooked game), I think I'll actually give it a chance.

Though I do understand why the game did really poorly in Japan (I believe it performed worse there than it did in the west), since Media and Idol themes are equivalent of Mountain Dew and Doritos on Xbox's Marketing.

Anyways, just finished Hiveswap Act 1. A charming adventure game that can be finished in a single sitting.

ValkyrieDesign

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Currently playing Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Just got the Master Sword and am running around the Lost Woods doing the shrine quests there. :)

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Persona 5... and it is insanely long. I'm finally getting close to the end though.

Shikashi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I enjoy the "start with nothing and start building" base type games too. I've been playing a lot of The Forest the past couple of weeks. It's survival horror, with a sort of loose story as you discover things about the island. It leaves early access at the end of this month and is pretty polished by this stage, so I'm looking forward to the big update on the 30th.

@ValkyrieDesign
How are you finding BotW? I really enjoyed it, I was playing for weeks, shield-surfing around the place and getting owned by lynels

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
BOTW was awesome. :D I played it during fall of 2017. The Elder Scrolls games in comparison feel like the exploration is almost a chore, but in BOTW they did it right, it's enjoyable. The only, only remark I have is the music. I really missed the Zelda overworld theme. They could have added a bit more music and still kept that light and wondrous feel to it. I remember a lot of good games by their music (Xenoblade Chronicles, Terranigma, Nier: Automata, etc.) and it's a shame that I don't have any memories of music to fall back to for BOTW.

I played through the first 3 Metroid games for the first time properly a few years ago and somewhere in Feb this year I finally played through Fusion. I proceeded to Metroid Prime Trilogy. I already beat 1 and I'm through 2 about two thirds I'd say, but I haven't touched it in 2-3 weeks due to some other stuff I had going on. Definitely wanna finish it up ASAP. I should get my new 1TB SSD and new XBox One controller by the beginning of May (long story, shipping in my country, got it shipped somewhere else, blablabla) and then I'll get into FFXV. I just bought it yesterday on a Steam sale. :D

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Currently playing Far Cry 5. Need to pass it quick for God of War!!

Also playing Shadows of Adam (steam) and I Am Setsuna (switch).

D.ray

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I don't play as often, but I've been currently playing deadly Premonition on and off. I'm loving the combination of horror, comedy and overall quirkiness of the game.

Deadly-Premonition-Directors-Cut.jpg

Darkanine

...In my thoughts and in my dreams...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been replaying Kingdom Hearts II in its Final Mix port for PS4. Been playing on Critical Mode, and it's been a ton of fun. It's great reliving one of my childhood games. Unfortunately, all of my enthusiasm has kind of died in the final dungeon of the game ("The World That Never Was"). An incredibly bland color scheme, boring main villain and a number of dragged out, unbalanced boss fights have pushed my patience. Great game but they could've ironed out the ending IMO.

Amenti

*Grandiose*
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm enjoying ultra sun lately; already got the shiny charm and I got the game two weeks ago.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I can't believe I'm replaying Skyrim again after I thought I won't be playing this game again.

Teddy97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bought 2 years ago "The Witcher 3" for PS4. By now I changed to PC and i am ready to play this game once more with all the awesome mods out there.

bjenks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well before I started my project on RPG Maker, I was playing Final Fantasy IV on Steam. Ever since I started though, I haven't played any games unless you count me play-testing my project, lol.

Rehjul

not a good person
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Currently playing that new Harry Potter mobile game for a few minutes every three or so hours, and am looking to try out Sea of Thieves.

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Back to Borderlands 2 in the little free time. Been killing baddies with Maya. Trying to finish all quest from Hammerlock DLC (oh god, I like my monsters rare is a pain... Why am I such a completionist T.T).

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finished God of War last night (masterpiece) so now I'm off to another masterpiece, the Witcher 3!

dazed

dazed and confused
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Currently playing that new Harry Potter mobile game for a few minutes every three or so hours

Yep, this is me right now. I hate it and I hate the gameplay and every time someone tries to tell me it's good I go ballistic, but let's face it, I'm a big Harry Potter fan and so I'm playing it just for the story and the experience and because Rowan is the light of my life.

I don't tend to play one game at a time because I want to play everything ever, so I'm currently playing Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, and Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume (not sure if I'll stick with it, because I find it a bit tricky). I just finished the first/main (?) story in Pokémon Conquest, so I might play a few more. I keep starting games and then playing 10 minutes and giving up, whoops. And playing too many at the same time. Is there such a thing as playing too many? I hope not.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Other than the number of games I still have to finish, I've recently been making progress on my nuzlocke on Pokemon Ultra Moon, doing an Arsene only run of Persona 5 (with no NG+), and I've finally gotten around to starting Tokyo Xanadu after having the game for months and not even bothering to start it because I had tons of other games to finish.

Grantronic4

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Currently Playing Horizon Zero Dawn when I get the time, since I'm crazy busy. About 3/4 through the game.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Holy cow, I have made Row Formation work again with OTB!

Now, my devious machinations can finally be born...
finished the second chapter of deltarune today, I gotta say that the 3 years wait was worth it lol
Happy Friday, y'all! I just got home from work and am sitting down with a nice cider, and I'm ready to chill and enjoy myself. Not sure if I'm gonna dive into any of my game-related projects or not tonight.... we'll see how I feel after unwinding for a bit I guess!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrimmLord