jakeybreaky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been making my way through Boneworks on twitch recently. Even though I'm pretty terrible at it it's nice to see more VR titles coming out that are actual games and not just glorified tech demos lol

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Deadly Sin on Steam at the moment when I'm taking a break from working on my game.

Psyche Radio

PsyRad
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Umineko No Naku Koro Ni/When They Cry, it's a beast to get through but goddamn, is it well written.

RayGarden7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Right now, I'm playing Dead Maze. A free to play Zombie Survival MMORPG. It's a pretty standard game with fetch quets and the like but it's kind of fun. It's only in beta whih means I don't have as much to do in it as when I first started (just daily quests for me at this point and farming resources). I just enjoy the slightly cartoony violence (nothing is overly graphic) and that I can build up my base with different things to help myself out. I love any game that lets me build and gather things (yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment and endless grinding).

It's also casual enough that it fits my schedule right now so I get my gaming fix in.

So, what game are you currently playing and what keeps you hooked on it?
I'm currently playing sakura war complete editions on Nintendo Switch great game.

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hot Dogs, Horseshoes & Hand Grenades. Pretty much the most American VR game ever.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got PSVR recently so I blazed through SuperHot VR which was amazing and still is great on Endless mode plus Beat Saber is great.
Honestly I have been constantly playing Soviet Jump Game with friends on Steam. It's free and a bit wonky but so great.

Eckhoff

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I played FFXI for years to find common ground with my son and moved on to FFXIV with the release of A Realm Reborn. This is an amazing game. The story line is engrossing and not always predictable. The core of the game is the Main Scenario Quest and you are the Warrior of Light which makes all players the hero.

RachelTheSeeker

Suddenly, a summer breeze...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not game. Games.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2
Had last played it in my teens on the original XBox. Got all the way to the endgame, only to lose to some Rancor-looking monster. I'm over ten years older, wiser, and better at D&D 3e. My Exile is based on my apocalyptic vixen Dana, and is a decent duelist. Originally, wanted to have her specialize in single pistols; I intend to have her alternate between a heavy blaster and a lightsaber. Kreia's philosophy feels like an extremist version of stoicism, and much of the plot's nuances flew over my head as a kid.

Dana's a Jedi Sentinel, and will become a Weapon Master once I get her prestige class. Kinda snide, and occasionally gets Dark Side Points for being ruthless, but is still heavily Light-Side. I know that Fallout games made by Bethesda are smeared for its Karma system (especially in FO3), but this is hypocrisy. Point me toward a Western RPG where the evil-aligned choices, in a system that tracks good-and-evil, aren't cartoonishly villainous or Chaotic Stupid. I'll wait.

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
Had gotten a used DS Lite lately, mainly for this game. As the main character starts off as a Minstrel, I decided to use my gnoll bard named Nazreen as the fallen Celestrian. Had gotten to Alltrades Abbey last session; I intend to turn Nazreen into a Priest with spears, and never look back. Currently, I've been giving her swords (her Thorn Whip damage sucked when I dabbled), and her skill points have been going toward Shield Skills.

For the others? Raziya is my Martial Artist with Staff Skills and some MA-exclusive Focus Skills, and won't change vocations. Though somewhat a glass cannon, she's my fastest fighter and hits hard. Jengo is my sword-swinging Warrior, and I'd totally have him be a Gladiator if I can pull off the quest. He's an absolute combat monster, having the best defenses and dealing the most damage with regular attacks.

Maia is currently a Mage, and is my most complex build. I intend for her to be an Omnivocational Knifemaster (knife-mistress?), which requires me to max out her Knife Skill ranks. I haven't done too much grinding, but Maia is pretty behind the curve compared to the others' levels; she's died in two boss fights thus far, including the one against the Wight Knight when you can create and recruit party members. When I class-change Nazreen, I'm likely turning Maia into a Thief to level Knife Skill further. My end goal is for her to become an Armamentalist, and to have knives for her use, as the Victimizer and Persecutter attacks can play off the class's innate status spells.

Last edited:

nilm

Character Art
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Up until a few weeks ago I was playing Escape from Tarkov like my life depended on the grind lol. It's a fantastic simulation game in so many ways, and the developers put so much time and effort into the giant maps and wide array of weapons. I feel like their dedication to their vision of this game goes beyond most AAA studios.

Unfortunately both their best quality is also their worst. In their attempts to create the perfect simulation, they neglected a few critical aspects that heavily impact user experience. Mainly the existence of a player-controlled flea market that skews progression as well as encourages real money traders to purchase hacks to farm the most valuable items. And depending on how much you bring into a game, if a single hacker is present it could mean the loss of hours and hours of work.

Their quest system is also absurd. Often prompting you to either complete boring retrieval tasks, or tasks that're heavily reliant on pure luck. No one wants to spend 30 minutes per attempt at a low-tier quest that ends 9/10 times with a player killing you before you can complete it. And with certain gear and upgrades locked behind these quests, it makes it feel that much worse when you spend all night grinding 1 quest and make virtually no progress because you were unlucky.

It's a pretty brutal game with a steep learning curve, and I couldn't honestly recommend it to anyone and feel good about myself at this point in it's development. But I have dumped 400+ hours into it, so take that as you will.

BladeRED

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm playing two games right now. The first one is a AAA game named "Ghost of Tsushima".

It's a really cool game who is settled in the medieval Japan era (around the end of the 13th century) and you play a samouraï who is forced to give up his code of honor to fight the invaders (the Mongolians leaded by Khotun Khan).

Even if there is some liberties with the real stories, the game is really nice to play, you can do infiltrations, front fights, use various weapons (in fact the here, Jin Sakai, is meant to be the first "ninja" or the one who inspired them ).

The background is really beautiful, there is a lot of really wonderful place to visit in the game. Many explorations to do, i really enjoy the game ! I think i've made about the half of the game right now, maybe less.

The other game i'm playing is a game made by the Kemco studio named Monster Viator. I was interested in that game because a friend of mine said that this studio made a lots of game with RPG Maker so i decided to take the game to see if it was really the case, and i've about 1h of play right now. There is some defaults, but the story is nice and the concept of the game is simple, so i like it too :) .

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
The Witcher 3 for the first time :)
Took way too long to get to this point.

KakonComp

Lucid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ostinato
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
When not doing graphical stuff for my own game, I'm currently slowly chipping away at Moon: Remix RPG Adventure. It delights the completionist in me.

Charla

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have been playing a couple of games. Stardew Valley is the main one of late, I'm really enjoying this game. I've also been playing GTA V and Lego Star Wars the complete Saga :)

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I'm playing Ghost of Tsushima and am replaying Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood on the PS4.
On the PC, I'm playing Gems of War and My Time At Portia.

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been playing a CRAPTON of Destiny 2.

That damn game. The shooting is sooo good. The loot is sooooo good. The bounties!! Oh, the Bounties!!

I try to put some time in FF14 where and when I can.

Stopped playing Ghost of Tsushima. Waste of money. It's good, but I just didn't need it.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've been replaying PS4 Spider-Man. Still the best adaptation of Spider-Man to any medium outside of comics of all time.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Started Nioh 1 yesterday. First time playing any Soul-ish kind of game. Today I spend about 45 minutes trying to get past the part where you have to fight 4-5 samurai on a hill, after your boat crashed. Damn. It's fun but it's also damn hard. XD

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Dead Cells...

on my smartphone... :rswt:rswt:rswt

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I played Sims 1 just a week ago.
It's a game of my childhood.
Everything about it is charming, especially the music. :D

I wonder why the next games don't have the same musical style anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Slaving away at more maps. :LZSwink:
Accidentally zoomed the browser in on the forums page, here... and I think I'm going to just leave it. #OldPeopleProblems
Spooktober Spooktacular Game Jam Winners announcements start now! Live on stream! See who won!
so, I've begun the process of restructuring my game's base setup entirely after feeling disheartened with progress and talking to a friend. I think I'm headed in the right direction now.
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I'm so excited! I've been exploring MZ a little, and I just downloaded Effekseer to make new animations. I have experience in 3D animation software, so I'll be pretty good at the whole "particle" thing. My first game on MZ will be Fantasy Force--starring a griffin, a dragon, and a pegasus fighting against the Dragon of Darkness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zbzikowany