TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
still "playing" Xenogears, MAN OH MAN this game is literally 80% cutscenes isn't it? And I'm told if I make it to Disc 2 somehow that aspect gets even worse. I'm approaching 15 hours in (WILL D-BLOCK NEVER EVER END?? I AM SO, SO ****ING TIRED OF D-BLOCK) in and I've only spent maybe two, two and a half of those hours doing anything that really feels like interactively playing a JRPG and the rest of it staring at cutscenes by which I mean mainly reading Fei whining. How did so many people at Squaresoft OK a game about a guy who will only talk about how much he hates gears, and fighting, but spends literally all of his time fighting, mainly in gears? Why was this idea greenlit???

Also the Battling system...why...why...why? WHY? When your main battle system is focused on more or less usually 1v1 combat in gears, and a dozen hours into the game I feel like you've barely let me scratch the surface of it, why would you ever, EVER, EVER force me to use a much worse Gear Battling minigame for the EXACT SAME THING your game's battle system is set up to do? I wish I could have been a Japanese-speaking fly on the wall for these development and design meetings, man.

I'm reading an old lets play (if you've even heard of Xenogears, chances are pretty good you know the one) for yucks as I plow through the game, reading it after I finish sections so as to avoid spoilers.

I also for reasons I can't adequately explain even to myself have been playing Namco X Capcom, a 2005 TRPG (thus far, a pretty bad one) that's a big Smash Brothers/Kingdom Hearts style cross over game, but with second and third string Namco and Capcom characters instead of characters anyone cares about. I have no idea why I am playing this and it is pretty bad. I'll be the first to admit that I am a veteran weeb, that said, this is by far and away the most Japaneeziest thing I have ever played. It is so Japanese I think there might be laws against it, like possibly under the Geneva convention? I think I am approaching dangerous levels of Japan-poisoning. Not sure how long I'll hang in or why I started in the first place but WOW this game. Peak Japan.

tl;dr I spend hours and hours playing games I don't think are good or necessarily even 'like' or 'enjoy' (although I will stop a game I am playing if my brain agrees that it is bad and I don't like it AND I don't enjoy it, STILL) what is wrong with me

Former_Sky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Azure Dreams. It's a fun loop of going to a tower to fight enemies and go as far as you can, then coming back to help the town prosper with the money you earned from fighting.

Saireau

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Still grinding in the Crystal's Resting Place dungeon in Bravely Default II. I might have made some bad decisions in terms of who masters which job. Apparently, some maxed out Beast Masters would have been great for this part. Oh well.

gelboy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I've been playing a ton of TF2, more consistently than I've ever had. There's something about soldier that's really clicking for me atm

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

There are so many coding terms that are complete gibberish to me. Like what the heck is "Return" or "Array"??
Sometimes I forget how tiny and fun working in 16x16 is (or with 18x18 if ya counting the white outline LOL) and before you ask Yes. Yes this is an appropriate ratio of drinks to all the other stuff. :popcorn:
f37ac128dedc8a53af7deb2b12e8ea81becf6e46.png
Phew, sleep all day, awake all night. I don't know what to draw tonight!

Does that count as poetry? ..Is there a super fast way to test my creations in RPG Maker? Has anyone played the new Pokémon games? I'm itching to buy it but I don't think my husband will want me to after he finds out how much I spent on Christmas!
When can we get this?
RPG Maker MZ Saturn.png
Saturn port when?
I'm new to rpgmaker mv, link me some good stuff to learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaxDotCombo