What game company would you like to be in?

Ashouse

Resident Zombie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Square Enix... because Square Enix

though realistically speaking, I don't want to go to any company... I want to make my own games, not make games decided by other people.. Even smaller studios make you make the game that they want, unless you're one of the higher ups of course.. 
This, if I could be president and make them make games like the classics again... not just remakes of remakes of the classics or lazy phone games. :D But not really though. No company, like everyone else. :)

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I change my mind and choose Daedalic, a german studio that does point and click games.

Still kinda want to work at Valve out of sheer morbid curiosity about their company structure...

kenibatz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I agree with those who prefer working as an independent. In a perfect world, I'd rather some generous publisher just fund my projects. Nonetheless, I'd be happy to work for Double Fine Productions (Psychonauts, Day of the Tentacle) because of their fun and creative approach to storytelling.

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm lucky that the companies i work for let me do my own titles (my proposals were well recieved as fresh and different woot) so my only hangup is getting them out on time!  Deadlines don't bother me it's my dayum infernal gremlin infested machines that love crapping out at the most impromtune time (that keeps pushing back dates)! >_<

I wish y'all in the dev scene utmost luck and success. Let's prove rpg maker is just yet another tool in the pipeline and make awesomeness with it!  XD 

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm lucky that the companies i work for let me do my own titles (my proposals were well recieved as fresh and different woot) so my only hangup is getting them out on time!
Wow! Are you talking about RPGMaker or your own engine/some other?

kaukusaki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Wow! Are you talking about RPGMaker or your own engine/some other?
Im using RPGMaker!  XD it's a robust system and i can make it jump through hoops without coding a lick. (Seriously not an impossible task -  just take time to think outside the box). I can code but i have monkeys to do that for me lol and since they're lazy gits they just optimise what we already have instead of reinventing the wheel.

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"code monkeys" haha you make it sound like they are slaves! xD (well, I guess in a sense they are like I'm to my irl job :( ).

Good job on managing to convince those companies to make your ideas (and good luck lol)!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashouse

Resident Zombie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Im using RPGMaker!  XD it's a robust system and i can make it jump through hoops without coding a lick. (Seriously not an impossible task -  just take time to think outside the box). I can code but i have monkeys to do that for me lol and since they're lazy gits they just optimise what we already have instead of reinventing the wheel.
Lucky.

kaukusaki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Basically my job (see spoiler)

As-a-programmer.jpg

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@kenibatz Yo, I love Double Fine. Though Sega was my childhood. The only reason I don't want to work for Sega is because I don't want my name being associated with Sonic Boom. 

@kaukusaki Yup. My life in a nutshell. (Oh, and you just double posted  :p )

kenibatz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@kenibatz Yo, I love Double Fine. Though Sega was my childhood. The only reason I don't want to work for Sega is because I don't want my name being associated with Sonic Boom.

Haha, yeah! I know what you mean. Cartoons like Sonic Boom and other recently rebooted franchises seem to have been made with less attention on good storytelling..

Double high-fives for Double Fine! :D

kaukusaki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Stupid phone >_< 

Im at an office party with my mandatory collins.

lolshtar

Master of Magic thatknow nospell
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
None, it's all about making money now, not making good games.

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just a what if:

What if a game development studio offers you to be a part of their team? What Company would it be?

EA of course. Just kidding, no company at all. I wouldn't work for any company really. As for studios, it would be an honor to work for Supergiant Games. Otherwise I really like to think my games not so much as work but as a way of expression so... just no.

kaukusaki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@lolshtar right, most game companies are about the bottom line. But the indie scene is exploding with fresh original content that tends to get lost in the shuffle. They're rising in popularity for good reason - folks enjoy a great story and sensible mechanics. The average user tires of playing the same repackaged offerings constantly produced by AAA companies, who fear doing anything original, as it can fail (there's no 'magic trick' to a successful game. You can do all the right things - marketing campaign, awesome graphics/music, excellent writing -  and still fail. Working against random dynamics is a crapshoot.

@Dreadshadow i agree that games are a way of expression. I personally see it as a work of art. But that's another discussion for another time.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Naughty Dog for sure. It's all about the stories!

Ashouse

Resident Zombie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Freebird Games

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Valve for sure, you don't even need to worry about deadlines or forced sequels there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with The Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!
I have a specialized class on intellectual property this semester (on Patent and Trademarks, Copyrights is next semester). Only had a quick overview of that in previous business law classes. I'll be able to help more people here when it comes to knowing what to do and your rights for intellectual property!
When you wanna write another pedantic post of your views on game dev... but your cousin and aunt have invited you to bowling
"Hey there! Hope you're having a nice day, you are awesome!"

(Of course the hand is awful :kaoswt: )
I need a new option on YouTube that goes "Dont recommend videos/channels in this language because I do not speak it"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meektot