Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
People talked, and the verdict is:

SENTAI HERO
In a future wasteland dominated by mutants and monsters, humanity survive by insect mutual assistance. Humans are divided into classes and live in underearth colonies. You belong to the "Soldier" class. One day your colony is destroyed and you should travel a poisoned world to find a place for the last "insect hybrid" survived the assault.

So expect to get news on the development of such game very soon.

Thank you to those that casted their votes!
Hopefully I'll do a game that could satisfy all users, despite preferences.

Last edited:

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"The modern vampire" game sounds the most interesting out of all of these. The gameplay loop somewhat reminds me of if the persona series, grand theft auto and an rpg were mashed together.

Dororo

Gespenst MKII pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KazukiT : in fact Persona will be a gantry for the game structure, it's the most logical one for this kind of experience.

Alador

The Mage of Mythix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I find the Sentai Hero one to be most interesting... I'm actually reading the Ender's Game quadrilogy (is it a quadrilogy? Or is it something else? I think you know what I mean, so I'm just going to call it a quadrilogy), and this game kind of reminds me of what would happen if the buggers and the humans teamed up instead of going to war.

Dororo

Gespenst MKII pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Alador: if I'll strictly follow the plot I had in mind, that could even turn to be "Ender's Game Aftermath" XD. The premise and intro will tap on a short novel I published years ago, but I wasn't happy with the ending so I'll make it an interactive experience with an open structure. The main character will be anyway WAY less "fated" and gifted than Ender for sure.

Alador

The Mage of Mythix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dororo: Ender's Game aftermath sounds like a great game premise! I would definitely play it if this is the one you decide to make. Actually, I'll play whichever one you choose to make! Also, when I first read your post, I thought that you wrote fatted instead of fated... Whoops! It's also pretty cool that you've written a book!

h0tWalker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think Santai Hero sounds the most interesting. It's post-apocalyptic, social class based and i think it could work great. The collapse, perhaps hidden lore, encounters and that is what can really make it unique. Seeing as you say that the graphics is gonna be the hardest, it also appears to be the most visually pleasing, and also, different. Which has me dragged in :D

It definitely stands out from the other three, so it has my interest. No matter what you choose though, good luck with your project! :)

Dororo

Gespenst MKII pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@h0tWalker : thank you!
As long as the Rayearth Fanboys Club doesn't suddenly roam this forum, it look that such first idea will be the one I should do...

Zamazawarma

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMXP
More importantly, what will keep you motivated to work on your project? I hate to be that person, but unless it's the prospect of complimenting the people in this thread's personal tastes, I think you should be deciding for yourself.

Is it having fun while working on your project? Is it the prospect of having people play your game? Is it playing around with the code? Is it finding/creating the right resources? Is it telling a story? Is it making money out of your game (one can always dream)? Is it something else?

Surely these 4 projects aren't equal in these regards. They don't look like the kind that can be done in a short amount of time, so you better be sure of what you're getting into. What project has the more potential to keep you fueled with motivation? If you believe they are equal in that regard, if you believe you truly are equally motivated by them all, I think perhaps you should be brainstorming a little more, until you're actually feeling it.

Just my humble opinion, naturally. No matter what it is, I wish you lots of fun crafting your game.

Dororo

Gespenst MKII pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zamazawarma : Hi Zamazawarma, sorry the late reply.
Your words are interesting.

Do you know what is an audit?
Well, when I was working in the TV industry, people get exposed to a number of formats and we checked the reactions. after that, we decided what to write.
I wrote of stupid silly thing I didn't liked at all.
Sometime with good results.
But I was always very excited and motivated.

Why so?
'Cause I don't like WHAT I write, and probably if you'll ask pro novel writers they doesn't the same. They like TO write.

When I read, I don't even read the story. I simply check structure and prose. That's what I do enjoy.

You can believe me: of all those 4 stories, the one I like the most will be the less voted.
But I can simply tell it to my self and dream.

As any creative product, there's a communication involved, and a communication imply an emitter (the object) and a recipient (the user): if the user doesn't want to mess with the object, there's not communication.

Now you can tell: that's not art! The artist should be free to do whatever he does like!
The artist doesn't decide the object, he does decide the shape of the object.

That's what is called artistic sensibility - me and another artist could create the same exact story with the same exact elements, and the object will be different.

But before that, there is the object.
And you need an audit (or a commission if you're under contract) to know what object to do.

I hope this clarify some possible obscure point. I don't care the object, I'll later craft it with my own sensibility, I need to know what people will be most prone to listen to, and so receive my sensibility.

Shikamon

The Dragonslayer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Why it's called sentai hero when there's only one person on a team (Sentai is task force, so it's always a team) ? Or did you mean a toku hero?
Anyway If I may suggest, RayEarth clone with gender bender twist member gonna be funny. A group normal males suddenly summoned into the isekai, they get awesome powers but inexchanges they turns into group of female warriors. :D :D

Dororo

Gespenst MKII pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shikamon: sorry, probably a lot of you will know what tokusatsu is, I'm more familiar with "sentai" term as indicating someone dressed in lycra fighting foam monsters, whatever the team size. Probably in other countries you're more acknowledged of that. My bad.

Sadly I'm not into crossgenre thing, but in fact can be a fun thing - like "Jumanji Next Level", fantasy edition.

Laconix

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can tell that the project you like the most is Bastille Dungeon haha, but really the premise of the project doesn't seem to give a hint on what it is about. It seems to cater towards mystery fans, and not many people like this genre maybe.
Edit: I don't see any stake in the premise

Last edited:

Dororo

Gespenst MKII pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Laconix: you guessed right, that's cause I've already written the whole prose and I'm lazy XD So I knew where to go.
In that case, the challenge was mostly creating an arcade context, I didn't want for people to tell me they like the setting or plot but I wished to know how they'll react to that kind of game: being a top down stealth puzzle arcade was the most distinctive trait to check, for me.
And apparently dystopian plots are very more welcome than this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Its been almost 6 months since i've been here last and 5 years before that. the worst part is losing the game you were working on in a cpu fire.

Well time to go at it again.
my game is coming together im so happy
In this day and age, i might switch back to RMXP. I’ve lost faith in all the new plugins.
Wow it's been forever since I last logged in! I STILL want to make a game... I'll start it one day for sure!! It's a dream of mine.
This days I couldn't do anything... My mind is so confused and I couldn't work at all, I only wanted to play video games with my friends and that made all my projects delay a lot. Someone else feels this kind of thing sometimes? :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shoutala