// Caffeine Overload
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hiya RMW Community, 

I am looking to know what "general" plugins are "missing", by that I mean which ones have not yet been developed. I am specifically looking for more complex systems, and not just simple plugins. However do share the simple ones as well so I can get a better idea as to what people are looking for, and because what may seem simple to you may not actually be simple. Please do not share things that are specific to your game, or things that are "very specific" in general (e.g: No "I need the leveling and skill system from X game"). Please also try to be as descriptive as possible in your explanation, and do not just use "Like in X game" I don't personally play every game in existence and I am not going to go searching for information, the ultimate goal here is for me to have a complete list of relatively complex plugins that other developers or I can choose from to make if we so choose. I personally don't like small specific plugins, hence why I am asking for larger general ideas.

Note for mods: I am aware that this isn't a plugin request, however it is sorta a "request" and it is JS related so I figured it best go here.

Thanks,

Liquidize

Soulnet

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Would you care to provide an example of what you refer to as general?

Kaliya

// Caffeine Overload
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A crafting system for example, any sort of crafting system. Just because it isn't extremely basic does not make it not general. By general I mean anything that isn't designed specifically for one game, and that can be used in any game. Its late here and I need to get some sleep, so I can't really write up a huge thing now, but I will later.

Last edited by a moderator:

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
People have been asking for a crafting system where the ingredients you use influence the stats of the created item.

For example, let's say one of the ingredients has to be a gem type. If you use a fire gem, the weapon gains fire attributes. But if you use an ice gem instead, the weapon gains ice attributes. Etc. So basically, ingredients can be of an item type rather than just of specific individual items, and can change the final result.

This is different from Yanfly's crafting system because each recipe has specific ingredients and yields the same item.

I think many people would really like this system.

Soulnet

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How about something like a graphic details setting? So you can adjust the level based on the system you are playing on.

Zeriab

Huggins!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
What about a utility which allows you to copy event systems into your project where you can specify how to move the switches, variables and etc?

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had this idea for a Battle system where you have three bars that fill up like ATB. One is Attack, one is Skill, and one is Magic. Each was charge quickly to slowly, respectively, with the idea that base attacks are weaker, skills are slightly more powerful, and magic is most powerful, with the charge rates to make things more strategic.

Goldschuss

A.K.A. Lye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A Plug-in that makes battler A.I smart.

And by that I mean like really smart.

Healing when low hp, focus target with the highest damage output etc. comes to mind.

With that said, let's say you have some A.I allies in your team, thus you can't control them.

There should be a possibility to tell them "play defensively" or "save up your mana this fight" much like in the tales games, or many other real time rpgs.

I know theres yanflys battle A.I core, but it only affects enemies, not allies. Also it's options are pretty limited on it's own.

CyndaBytes

Creator and Destroyer of Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Barter Shop and Store with limited quantities.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A way to make actors have a number of actions based on TP with a defined cap and giving exeptions. 
Exeptions would end turns instead. If possible to be compatible with plugins that change the amount of TP that actors has.

Ex: Have 1 action per turn for every 1 or 25 TP and use it as extra resource for every action taken.
So the use of items and the Attack would count. Guard action counts as an exeption so it does not consume TP but ends the actor turn.

Another thing would be to make Enemies capable of reconizing other Enemies as allies to the point of backing them up with healing skills and buffs to expand the Ai through tag, like your Enmity plugin (which i love and still can't figure out wtf is wrong with it).

Ex: to use a tag like "RANDOM 50%: Heall skill, Lowest Enemy HP" / "RANDOM 75%: Buff Skill, Highest Enemy ATK"

Xeno_Salazar

War Mage
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Great topic, IMO. I've been pondering this myself as there are a few systems I would really like to see that haven't show up for MV yet.

1. Projectiles: The ability to "throw" icons or animations from enemies to actors and vice versa. I know VE throwable objects can do this for icons, but it doesn't work with Yanfly's battle engine.

2. Icons in battle: This would be great for variety as well as coming up with cool sequences that require more than the standard weapon animations. This would be great as an addon to Yanfly's actions squences, but I don't know it that's possible.

3. AP turn system: Good example here: 

Not necessarily how he has it set up of course, but I love that type of system when it's done right(Divinity: Original Sin to me is an awesome implementation), and more options for battle system types are always good!

4. Blocking: Since this was mentioned above with bubbleblocking for Ace I'll just offer a nod to that. Good stuff. 

5. Power levels: A way to "pump more power" into a skill using a resource. A good example from Hime here:

http://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/3959-tp-level/

Works for damage as well as healing, can also have other uses like increasing duration or damage reduction rate. A game that uses this to great effect is Wizardry 8.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Spine support, because I think this needs no explanation.

And a particle engine so I don't have to use MV's awful animation editor and have more freedom for weather effects and cool battle stuff. :'D

/terrible person

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I second a more advanced AI control plug in.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tile change plugins

There had been three for Ace, but I haven't seen one for MV.

Tsukihime's Tileswap allowed changing of single tiles on a map based on several conditions, from the other two one could clone/copy a section of another map to the current map and the third  could switch large parts of similiar maps between them (for building changes or something like that.

takashi1kun

spaghetti god code
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spain Spanish
Primarily Uses
Basically:
An Grid Inventory System Plugin
I don't think it requires much info, the 99% of mmorpg have it, and a lot of not online games too.

Kino

EIS Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Basically:
An Grid Inventory System Plugin
I don't think it requires much info, the 99% of mmorpg have it, and a lot of not online games too.

By grid you mean an icon-based inventory system? 
Also, do you mean on the map scene or just in the menu?

I think a general plugin that would be good to have is control options (disabling touch input / regular input in the options for example).

Totally agree with the spine support. @Archeia

Improved sound controls.

• Being able to adjust the sound based on player distance away from the sound source
  • Quick adjustments of the sound volume
  • Panning (surround sound things).

takashi1kun

spaghetti god code
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spain Spanish
Primarily Uses
By grid you mean an icon-based inventory system? 
Also, do you mean on the map scene or just in the menu?

I think a general plugin that would be good to have is control options (disabling touch input / regular input in the options for example).

Totally agree with the spine support. @Archeia

Improved sound controls.

• Being able to adjust the sound based on player distance away from the sound source
  • Quick adjustments of the sound volume
  • Panning (surround sound things).

By grid i don-t mean it should be in one way or other, actually, any grid inventory can be great, map or its own scene i dont care, the scene is not the main point, i think its own scene sience its easier to control, an icon based inventory system isn-t a grid inventory, a grid inventory is that plus that all items, wapons, armors are in the same slot system, whit different stack, plus you can have multiple stacks of same item, but in different slots, plus there are items that use more than 1 slot.

lokirafael

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think a sell item shop (no clue what name for that... pawn shop maybe?).

Basically a shop where you can put things to be sold for the full value of the item. You set a price from a range (-10%/+10%) and the item is removed from the inventory to be sold for you. It takes a x amount of time basead on the rarity of item, full price, you price fluctuation and the value of a variable controled by a notetag.

When it's sold you get a memo about it and go pick the money.

You can give categories to itens to control their influence in the sell/buy rate. Exemple: A mineral tied to var 1, before calling the shop the player can change the var to mod the rate of market. So itens with hight rate are sold faster and low rate take more time. (or cant even be sold).

That way the player can control the shop in a more immersive way (price drops because a item has no demand).

Johnboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Blocking mechanics would be really awesome just to add more strategic value to different sized shields. Maybe Large shields block more but less often but bucklers block often but for less.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unintentionally made a track that sounds straight out of Yume Nikki
Revisiting one of my older projects in a long time to work some more on the mechanics. I've been working on- and off-again for about a year now on recreating the Force and Mystic systems from Wild ARMs. And I think I've finally made some good breakthroughs on that!

Still, it is not perfect and I may post my thoughts at a later time to see if there are any other suggestions or alternatives I've missed.
actor name string, why you gotta be case sensitive like that?
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th October 2021

My entire world, full of monsters and treasures, will likely be done by the end of the year. After that it's all NPCs and side quests... then done. I'm never making an open world game again xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gnomio