What genres can this program make?

Batiatius

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
If I'm tired of the traditional sword and sorcery-type games, Can I make an RPG of different genres- space opera? Horror? Hard science fiction, that sort of thing?

Drakkonis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If I'm tired of the traditional sword and sorcery-type games, Can I make an RPG of different genres- space opera? Horror? Hard science fiction, that sort of thing?
Sky's the limit, really. Depends on the assets you use and how creative you are. Actually there are a LOT of horror genre RPG Maker games out there, it almost seems like a rite of passage or something. lol

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
short answer, yes.
long answer: you gonna need a lot of resources, skill, blood, sweat and tears.

specially tears.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The default assets mostly support the traditional fantasy setting, but there's some for a modern and sci-fi setting too. Otherwise, you can just import custom assets and make whatever you want really.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes a mechanic that is meant to add challenge is just annoying. Even the Final Fantasy games did not completely escape this pitfall of design. (FF8 draw system I'm looking at you - grrrr)
starting working on the sprites for one of my games major antagonists finally. here's the first frame of his chanting motion in battle.
Have spent too much time hammering out with a friend just how to make a reoccurring enemy that permanently learns skills you use against her.
I know what I want in a loose sense. Maybe I should just make a post asking for opinions and suggestions.
Shoot Enemy Off-Screen, Run RPG Maker Game as a Web Server, & Thai Keyboard | RPG Maker News #109

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad_At_Scripting