What genres can this program make?

Batiatius

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
If I'm tired of the traditional sword and sorcery-type games, Can I make an RPG of different genres- space opera? Horror? Hard science fiction, that sort of thing?

Drakkonis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If I'm tired of the traditional sword and sorcery-type games, Can I make an RPG of different genres- space opera? Horror? Hard science fiction, that sort of thing?
Sky's the limit, really. Depends on the assets you use and how creative you are. Actually there are a LOT of horror genre RPG Maker games out there, it almost seems like a rite of passage or something. lol

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
short answer, yes.
long answer: you gonna need a lot of resources, skill, blood, sweat and tears.

specially tears.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The default assets mostly support the traditional fantasy setting, but there's some for a modern and sci-fi setting too. Otherwise, you can just import custom assets and make whatever you want really.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Did you know that 90% of people in the world use the number in their sentence as they see fit?
It's been a long time since I was here but I have a lot of updates... btw I am teaching again about game programming and game design in some schools here in Brazil hahahaha It's good to see kids and teens learning this kind of thing!
welp, I literally can't continue working on ALEX now that my MZ trial is up (unless I somehow place in the jam which I don't remotely deserve to for my unfinished crap) so I am back on my bullshit
some test stuff. Empty for now. My other project (this project) needs more attention. The lagging really kicks up when I try to capture gameplay. ✨

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc_826