What genres can this program make?

Batiatius

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
If I'm tired of the traditional sword and sorcery-type games, Can I make an RPG of different genres- space opera? Horror? Hard science fiction, that sort of thing?

Drakkonis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If I'm tired of the traditional sword and sorcery-type games, Can I make an RPG of different genres- space opera? Horror? Hard science fiction, that sort of thing?
Sky's the limit, really. Depends on the assets you use and how creative you are. Actually there are a LOT of horror genre RPG Maker games out there, it almost seems like a rite of passage or something. lol

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
short answer, yes.
long answer: you gonna need a lot of resources, skill, blood, sweat and tears.

specially tears.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The default assets mostly support the traditional fantasy setting, but there's some for a modern and sci-fi setting too. Otherwise, you can just import custom assets and make whatever you want really.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".
Doing RPG Maker News for 16th September 2021

Stream is live! I am currently doing pixel art and will be practicing shading! Feel free to drop by!
wow, Surface Tension is really one MF of an FPS level huh
So, I got let go from my current job because my skill set didn't align with the department's goals anymore. I have some hope, because I am currently in contact with a manager from a different department, and they are desperate for more employees. We'll see what happens... :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SgtSalamander