What happens to my PC-based Project if I install the Steam version of MV?

Grunwave

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Running PC version 1.5.2 and all of my plug-ins are compatible with that. If I install the Steam version(to access DLC content) will it alter my PC version?

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The files for the Steam version of MV will be located in Program Files (x86) -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> RPG Maker MV. So unless your current MV isn't in that location, the files should be separate. As in you'll have 2 different MV's on your computer (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
like Frostorm said... you will have 2 different MV... one is PC version and one is Steam version... they are separate program... but there's a catch... somehow when having both of the MV... and you open your project by double clicking the "Game.rpgproject" files inside your project folder... your pc could get confused and did not open MV (it will register it as last open project although did not open MV)... so you need to open which MV you want to use... then open the project there... (or alternatively you could also open which MV program and with that program open... double click "Game.rpgproject")
hope this help.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as said above this will do nothing to your project.
I even use that to have two installations of Ace and MV each in different languages (one english and one in German) while I was still moderator here, because it made some checks easier.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
I also would like to add that even if you update your MV editor version... your game project will retain the version WHEN that project created...
example your MV version is 1.5.1 and you create "MyGame" project...
then you update your editor to 1.6.1... the "MyGame" will still run on 1.5.1...

you need to update the js files in js folder with new version if you want your project to update (in MV we need to manual copy i think while in MZ there's a new command to do it from the editor).

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Making Houses and Outside on the same map with RPG Maker MV!
Do people actually use buff/debuff function?
Ami

Imagine you (as Miner) Sleep in the Cave,the other side is a Bunch of Golds,how d'you feel?
finally got footage of my main character running around his corrupted street...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nibas0001