What happens when you fail to hear police siren?

The consequence is...

• Nothing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jail time

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Ticket

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Decrease karma/go to hell when you die

• Cursed at

• Dishonor/shame

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Video of your car will be posted on Youtube

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm not sure if I'm going to get in trouble for this...

Earlier, when I was on my way back to work, I might have had my music on a little too loud (though it felt just like usual for me). I was driving behind a red SUV, we were driving on the left and I noticed it was slowly switching to the right lane. While it was still switching halfway, I noticed a car passing by me on the left side mirror. At first, I thought someone was in a hurry and drove against traffic to pass by us. To my shock, that was a police SUV! That's when I see the police lights and hear a low-volume but still somewhat audible police siren as it passes by. When I looked on the mirror, the cars behind us already switched to right lane. Now I don't know if the cars in front of red SUV were driving on the right lane from the start or did they just switch. But still, it frightened me because I basically refused to make way for an emergency vehicle. Usually I can still hear emergency vehicles' sirens even with my music on. Guess this time was just bad luck or that car's siren wasn't loud enough. But in any case, I hope all I'd get is some cursing and not a ticket. Guess the other people thought I was crazy and/or ******ed.

I have dishonored my family and brought shame to my country...

Bendyizzt

The Radionist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It happens to the best of us [I think]

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Most policemen (at least where I am) are pretty good at dealing with people who are just being a little stupid/oblivious. Don't worry about it too much, but turn that music down a bit and make a mental note that you need to be more aware of your surroundings!

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And that's why one should not listen to music while drriving... At least not too loudly or with headphones/earplugs on.

It gave you a good scare and embaressment tho and that is punishment enough I think. Dont beatb yourself up over it, just be mindful of this next time.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have countless bad experiences listening to loud music years back, especially when using headphones. So, when I need to pay attention to my surrounding, I would not play music. If I do, it won't be loud.

TheGentlemanLoser

Let your madness run with mine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well if you're black in america probably death about 51% of the time as is the minimum for any interaction whatsoever w/ the police whilst being recklessly African American in the USA, otherwise in America you're probably fine, varies on a case-by-case basis in other ****hole countries.

seriously tho, I have never NOT HEARD a police siren when I was within 300 yards of one, they tend to have in my experience the opposite problem from being too quiet.

Citali

I am a simp for RNGESUS.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENG
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A ticket. I had my radio on full blast and didn't hear nor notice the police lights, and that was yesterday after a long shift :kaocry:Don't drive sleep deprived and take morning classes, it's a trap

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
a $200-$25,000 fine and a lecture about having anything that can hinder your awareness when driving.

edit: plus youtube video and bringing shame/dishonor upon your family

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A ticket. I had my radio on full blast and didn't hear nor notice the police lights, and that was yesterday after a long shift :kaocry:Don't drive sleep deprived and take morning classes, it's a trap
Weren't you getting a ticket even if you did notice the police lights, though? If not, I'm genuinely curious what was the cited offense was.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
a low-volume but still somewhat audible
..... low volume?

a police siren? LOW volume?
don't stand next to a fire truck.... or you'll lose your ear drums without knowing it.
that's IF you hear the fire truck coming, at all.
go have your hearing checked out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

DenRebrov wrote on Celianna's profile.
Seliana, will you be making desert tiles in the ancient dungeon?
Working on a casual shirt and jeans for female MZ gen. Woo.
Crazy idea: a crossover game made to showcase different RPG Maker games. Dimension crossing is involved and you get to play as different people's characters in some wacky nonsense plot.
HexMozart88 wrote on Citali's profile.
Kikuo!
The lack of bike trails and bungee jump areas in this city should be criminalized.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown_entity