What have you planned when MV comes out?

RedAkerston

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Effectively, to take my long running project and hit the reset button with it,

using the new system to give it the treatment it deserves.

If planning is half the battle, then i'm in a good spot.

Got the whole thing mapped out in terms of every area in the game world and how it progresses.

The story from start to finish. All the characters etc.

Got the whole database set up and all my balancing done.

The thing just needs to be implemented...

So first things first over the next 10 days i'm going to waifu2x all my high fantasy pack resources.

I'm going to render out every object / tree /  whatever i have from Bryce and DAZ stuidio as well.

Going to resize all my wall textures, floor textures, carpet textures etc etc.

Then when MV comes out i can simply import and go.

I'll use the resolution plugin to go past the internal, shrinking the size of everything on screen just a little, and not too much.

Then maybe, some ridiculous 16 years after i got this project underway, i will finally have something to put on steam.

kewitt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
kewitt
Primarily Uses
Well I've been working on a project for 2 years.  

Version 1 was basically learning VX ACE

Version 2 was about 60 hours of game play

Lost my synology NAS mirrored raided HD in lightning hit to the house.

Version 3 took everything I learned in version 1 and 2 and expanded on it.  But some of my Documents on the story where lost as well and it's changed a bit.  Currently sitting at about 20 hours.  Beta tester found some errors in it.. 

Took a while to fix them.  Got discouraged ... And now finally got motivated to get at it again, and MV is coming so I stop...  Found all my projects...  played with them a bit..   Looking forward to moving them all to MV.

Which I just finished my Pre-order.

I would like to use the converter.  But I've never worked in java and I have a 12 or so ruby scripts I've come up with over time.

So...  Really take everything I learned in Ace and apply and change for MV.  Final the game and make a few $.  as long as I can cover the cost of the the software and what I am paying the beta testers it's all good.

Last edited by a moderator:

noctiluca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have no projects in mind, but the graphics potential of MV has me making resources already. I mean, while yeah it would be awesome to make an epic game project, especially with most of the program limitations gone, if I have something too specific in mind I'm too much of a perfectionist and never get anything done. So I'm planning on making tilesets and character sets in genres I would really like to see games in, and then go from there. It would be really great if a TileD plugin with 2D isometric support comes out in the near future, too; would really open up a lot of possibilities in complex map designs.

But right now I'm just making ornamental building add-ons, windows and doors that will hopefully work with both chibi sprites and tall sprites (my preference). The 48x48 size accomodates for a good amount of detail, probably even enough for nice gothic and rococo sets, but I can still draft out 4-5 objects in an evening.

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am going to release my first game ever... since I've worked on a dozen since the RM2K/2K3 days.

I've currently removed all scripts from my test platform so I can get more proficient with the core engine. And have a barebones I can transfer into MV without scripts.

I am also just crawling through the tutorials on the forums and youtube for advanced eventing (including some LP videos on some of the better games to see what they have done) so I can see just all of what the eventing system can do. I still need to work on my mapping skills though.

Right now I am just at the level of editing some of the premade maps with some of the advanced mapping techniques that I've seen in videos but I can't seem to start from scratch.

I am pretty excited about MV and the game I am working on though.

Halcyon Days

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I might redo my project on MV since a bug who corrupted my VX project forced me to delete it and the plugins seems a bit more easy to deal with than scripts.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm preparing a small game to make with RTP assets only, to get familiar with the program. Already been busy with it in VX Ace, and will redo it when MV comes out.

Later on I might also remake my RM2K3 project in it, but I'm still undecided on that. It'll depend on how I feel about it and how likely it will be to copy over all the mechanics and features without sacrificing the things that I liked about the original version.

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I will get myself familiar with the rtp and the other graphic assets, so I can see what is already available and what I could make in MV style after I have studied it enough and practiced with it. I'm especially curious about the new sci-fi tiles.

I also plan on doing a project to familiarize myself with the new Maker.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Learn the ropes since I'm going to be using PV Games resources for my dream project and I'm also planning on commercializing the latter. Gotta be confident with the program first.

Xyphien

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
First thing I'm doing is transfering my already made game over to MV, and re-doing anything that needs redone with the scripts I used in VX Ace. Sadly, I doubt they will allow scripts from being transfered over as they're in a totally different language.

crowhound

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
First I will look at the RTP and check the plugins. Then I will start following the list below for a commercial project that me and a couple others will be working on.

• Make a new Bitbuckect Repo for the projects so we can do team collaboration
  • Make a public Trello Board to keep track of whats done, needs to be done, and what is in the works.
  • Start discussing what needs to be change from our Ace project to the MV one.
  • Start reading the API of code-base so I can start righting my own plugins
  • Make a forum so everyone can see our progress at real-time.
From there well I am sure more will come to my mind.

Noc and NC

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
With this new Maker, I finally decided to join the forums, although I'm mostly just a lurker...

For starters, I'm going to have to sharpen my skills with the software. I played around in VX Ace, but I never really got around to doing anything with it due to various issues that MV seems to have magically adressed for me. I have a big project in mind that may or may not be an RPG adaption of a obscure fantasy manga that almost no one has heard about, but before that I'm hoping to make a few smaller projects that I can properly distribue and learn from. I'll stick with the standard RTP to begin with and save origonal art for later. The new character generator looks really powerful so I'm eager to see if I can get the character looks I'm hoping for.

I've just been writing up game scenarios in the meantime. Currently working out the details of one that's loosely based on the fairytale of Red Riding Hood. Very common, but it's my favorite. I'll probably go with this for my first project, although it's not very...RPGish? Maybe that's okay though, haha.

noctiluca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I also just realized I want to make art nouveau and art deco tiles as well. Art nouveau lends itself extremely well to the fantasy genre and I don't think either style has been available in RPG maker before. I think I have to start carrying grid paper with me everywhere again. 8)

MasonK

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I will begin to work on my game that is still in the very early conceptual stages after I came up with a loose story idea for my game last week.

Lynvia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Begin work on a 6-world RPG I've scripted out for my novel series. Already using Mack's sprite editor to generate the charas for it, and plotting out cutscenes, events, etc. for my brilliant son to load up for me. And when we're done next June(?) play test it and release for general consumption!

Seraph

Neglected TSF Pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well its been a long time since I've post on the forum XD.

1. Work with the character generator. To see what it has to offer and hopefully make my life and burden on wallet easier XD.

2. Mess around with MV itself and do all the tutorial demos that may be released for it.

3. Make a simple game using chara gen sprites and defualts.

4. Make another simple game based on a story I wrote in 4th grade (found it in my old notebooks and boy is it horrible).

5. Revive an old gane I wanted to do in Ace or work one chapter at a time with the new story I have.

Meike

||Telling Stories Through Games||
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I get MV (which won't be until much later, as I don't have the cash now) I plan to work on games for Android. When we have more access to the sprite sizes and such I'd love to do some sprite art as well.

And Javascript. I will so play around and use MV to explore Javascript.

sokita

Crawling back to the surface
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
I want to make a simple game and post it on kongregate.

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will be converting my Ace project and looking over the RTP and the basic features, but (after conversion and some sprite replacement) the first thing I intend to do is my own little extension to the Yanfly system. (It's something I think not a lot of people would use, so I'm not expecting it will be a presently-unrevealed feature of the system.)

If all goes well, it will take something that I wanted to do in Ace that I was expecting to be really annoying and simplify it. A lot.

Sugar Rush

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nothing, absolutely nothing, hoping something spawns from my messing around.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm familiar with MZ thanks to jam now. I say it's a better working and looking MV. Lots of plugins too and FOSSIL helps alot. It's not bad.
Some more progress <3 and in most important news:
ALPACARAPTOR SPRITE! (not animated yet, though :( )
h4u90Sz.png
Caz
At the risk of giving myself even more work to do, I kinda wanna redraw the faces of the MV RTP to be a little less.. uhhhhh..

mv-redraw.png
Hmm...you'd think in this day and age, what with Japanese Schoolgirls frequenting anime, JRGs and whatever else...that someone might have made some gym clothes for the generator. You know, the ones with the short bloomers.
finished the draft of some of this dude's motions!

mc0xoB4.gif

gonna work on the drafts of the other 3 now before i put detail, need to position these rather tall sprites well on the field

waiting for the term to end so i can get more time w this :kaodes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fountairpg