What if Disney made an RPG that isn't Kingdom Hearts?

plasmablade13

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Don't get me wrong, I love the KH series despite how complicated the story can get. But what if Disney makes their own RPG without the help of Square Enix? Well I have an idea. The gameplay can be turn based like the old school Final Fantasy games, or the Mario RPG games. The story could be less complicated, to give us, and kids an easier time to understand what's going on. Mickey can be the main star of course, but his friends, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Minnie, and more, can be his party members over time. As for worlds, well Epic Mickey, and Kingdom Hearts, already has the concept of Disney Movies as worlds. So this time, we can just restrain it to the Mickey Mouse Cartoons for cameos and characters (Unless they sneak in a cameo of Olaf the Snowman from Frozen). The feeling is more like the Magical Quest games.

What are your ideas?

SoulPour777

Crownless King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's still Disney, so... you know what that means.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I think it would be pretty cool. I actually really liked KH, I just think they were trying to hard with the Final Fantasy complications to the storyline. I tried reading up on the story before playing DDD and practically went crosseyed.

Eschaton

Hack Fraud
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'd get it on a Steam sale if BioWare made it.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think it will be Kingdom Hearts minus all Square characters... XD

frrrosty

Spiteful Crow
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'd like it a lot better if it was a "Mushroom Kingdom Hearts" where Mickey was teaming up with Mario, etc.

Also if the story wasn't totally insane and ridiculous.

Kyutaru

Software Engineer & Ninja
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
But Kingdom Hearts was only good because of the Square characters... people don't love it for Donald and Goofy, they love it for Sora and Riku.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sora and Riku though are Kingdom Hearts characters, by square characters I mean those from other Square games

Ed19

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Empty
Primarily Uses
N/A
It Would be good because they can make a huge roster of characters in the game. I'd prefer to play like Dynasty Warrior : Disney.

Kyutaru

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Or Arkham City with you playing Goliath instead of Batman.

SoulPour777

Crownless King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Kingdom Hearts without the Disney characters would be so much better.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have a mixed feeling about that, soul... Because personally, I liked Kingdom Hearts because of the fact that they used original characters + disney and square characters... And for me, that's more on the disney character's side because I think it's easy to incorporate the square chars into another game, but incorporating disney characters is another thing

Plus the topic was about what if Disney made a game anyways...

Last edited by a moderator:

SoulPour777

Crownless King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well for me its like asking, what if a bread and butter knife makes a cutting job like a sharp commando knife can?

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Take away the Disney characters, though, and what do you have? Over-convoluted, poorly plotted Final Fantasy knockoff. Its the Disney aspect that gives the games their charm and sense of wonder. Not that I don't like seeing characters like cloud and cid make appearances.

A Dynasty Warriors style game would be pretty awesome. You could pick characters like Mulan, Hercules or Elsa and just let it rip, taking out hordes of Maleficent's goblins or the Horned King's demons.

SoulPour777

Crownless King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Take away the Disney characters, though, and what do you have? Over-convoluted, poorly plotted Final Fantasy knockoff. Its the Disney aspect that gives the games their charm and sense of wonder. Not that I don't like seeing characters like cloud and cid make appearances.

A Dynasty Warriors style game would be pretty awesome. You could pick characters like Mulan, Hercules or Elsa and just let it rip, taking out hordes of Maleficent's goblins or the Horned King's demons.
Just don't call it Kingdom Hearts or Dynasty Warriors 2.

Kyutaru

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Rather be gliding through the streets of New York causing primal terror and justice beating up criminals as king of the Gargoyles.

Omega Weapon

AKA Laura
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If they just made another Spectrobes, I'd be happy.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!. (please)
Q:"Why don't you get a job?"
A: Posting statuses IS my job. It just so happens to not pay and happen periodically over the course of three months.
My new 49" monitor has been dispatched from the warehouse. Will it arrive tomorrow? The day after? I love that we can track packages now, even if it does only tell me when it's left that end and when it's arrived at the local centre. As long as it doesn't end up in Melbourne again, which has happened before ...
My friend's doing a surprise stream of my game Origin Hunt on Twitch here ! Feel free to stop by :yhappy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noemi9333