What is a fair price for a game developed with the RPG Maker?

What is a fair price for a RPG Maker Game?

• $1-$5

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • $6-$10

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • $11-$15

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • $16-$20

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Cardfight!! Vanguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You have got to be kidding. Both Final Fantasy I and Final Fantasy II are incredibly flawed games. The first one was only good for the time it was released, and the second one was troublesome even then. The only thing they have going for them compared to decent RM games is nostalgia.
Great points. Final Fantasy I had an awful story. It does not make sense. It appears to be a world in an endless loop. Final Fantasy II had a troublesome encounter system. At the beginning of the game you could die within a few inches from the first area.

RPG Maker games can be better than past professional RPG games. The program has all the tools needed for the job.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it's To the Moon, I've already seen news stories about it getting accepted to Steam, so I wouldn't worry too much about spoiling it.
Alright. I hadn't seen or heard that anything was mentioned publicly. Yes, it is To The Moon. If anyone sees when it appears on Steam, and even more, how well it does, I'd love to hear feedback.

ganonlord6000

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Great points. Final Fantasy I had an awful story. It does not make sense. It appears to be a world in an endless loop. Final Fantasy II had a troublesome encounter system. At the beginning of the game you could die within a few inches from the first area.

RPG Maker games can be better than past professional RPG games. The program has all the tools needed for the job.
Definitely true, but given the technology at the time it is not saying much. Those games were amazing for the time simply due to the limited technology. (btw, when referring to FF II are you referring to the real one or the game originally released in the US by that name?) How long will it take for people to understand that the tool is only as good as the person using it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shablo5

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just did a search for the title, and I can't find it on Steam. Last I heard from the developer, it had been approved by Steam, and they had to get all of the additional APIs implemented. I don't feel at liberty to name the game until it actually shows up there.
Alright. I hadn't seen or heard that anything was mentioned publicly. Yes, it is To The Moon. If anyone sees when it appears on Steam, and even more, how well it does, I'd love to hear feedback.
Yeah I was just thinking "To the moon". The game looks brilliant, have any of you actually tried it? I googled commercial rpg maker games and that came up.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I've tried it and it's also available on my website, as it happens. It's very different from the other RM games. It's not based on gameplay but storytelling and the setting is modern instead of fantasy.

Steam makes me think they add a RM game because it doesn't play like a RM game. Fair enough but then I find it ironical when they add a non-RM game that plays like one (Cthulhu).

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's received awesome reviews. I WISH I had time to play it!

Shablo5

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've tried it and it's also available on my website, as it happens. It's very different from the other RM games. It's not based on gameplay but storytelling and the setting is modern instead of fantasy.

Steam makes me think they add a RM game because it doesn't play like a RM game. Fair enough but then I find it ironical when they add a non-RM game that plays like one (Cthulhu).
Is it really that, or is it more that you can't incorporate steam game overlay into it?

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hmmm it could be both. At first we were being told the latter, but if TTM does get there eventually, the "excuse" falls flat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Okay so now you can prepend a JS library to your Haxe plugin. You can also prepend your attribution information to every compiled plugin.

:3c here's a thing i made a while while while back
Tried mochi for the first time. It's quite nice. Has a pleasant smell and taste, and is nice and chewy.
made a bio for the protag in my project!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperYao