What is fantasy map builder software do you used or you have an encounter that is useful?

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, the members of the forum. I hope you are well and safe.

I intended to create a colorful map for my world. If by any chance you are using or have used them. Please inform me which one you find easy to use.

I found Inkarnate - Create Fantasy Maps Online.

Last edited:

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, the members of the forum. I hope you are well and safe.

I intended to create a colorful map for my world. If by any chance you are using or have used them. Please inform me which one you find easy to use.

I found Inkarnate - Create Fantasy Maps Online.
I found inkarnate quite limited and ultimately chose wonderdraft.
It's offline, allows massive maps, and has an active asset scene where users provide assets you can use in your project.

It's also pretty easy to learn.

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was just researching this last night - there's Inkarnate and Wonderdraft, and I also saw Other World Mapper mentioned (https://www.otherworldmapper.com/). You can try Inkarnate for free, and it's fairly easy to use, but I haven't tried the other two - no demos available, unfortunately.

If you want automatically-generated maps that you can edit (free and open-source), there's https://azgaar.github.io/Fantasy-Map-Generator/. I found it a little confusing at first, but then realized you can zoom in and edit stuff and use the menu button on the upper-left to access more features and the FAQ.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Why not smash a guitar on your foes? Ability to play said guitar not included.
Two NPCs blinking animations in VNMaker and two to go. Some progress!
Fun Fact: My last two projects (Fursona and A Postmortem Nation) were released before I could do post-completion playtesting because I got so excited and happy I released them on the spot. Sometimes I have rubbish impulse control. smh
Circle, circle, dot, dot... I got my first COVID shot! And I barely felt it, which shocked me. Usually having Autism causes my sense of touch to be amplified! I go for my second dose in June.
Another update, this time on moving. I got the keys to my apartment today, but it was poorly cleaned/repaired. They're working on it, don't worry!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thanatos626