What is fantasy map builder software do you used or you have an encounter that is useful?

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, the members of the forum. I hope you are well and safe.

I intended to create a colorful map for my world. If by any chance you are using or have used them. Please inform me which one you find easy to use.

I found Inkarnate - Create Fantasy Maps Online.

Last edited:

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, the members of the forum. I hope you are well and safe.

I intended to create a colorful map for my world. If by any chance you are using or have used them. Please inform me which one you find easy to use.

I found Inkarnate - Create Fantasy Maps Online.
I found inkarnate quite limited and ultimately chose wonderdraft.
It's offline, allows massive maps, and has an active asset scene where users provide assets you can use in your project.

It's also pretty easy to learn.

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was just researching this last night - there's Inkarnate and Wonderdraft, and I also saw Other World Mapper mentioned (https://www.otherworldmapper.com/). You can try Inkarnate for free, and it's fairly easy to use, but I haven't tried the other two - no demos available, unfortunately.

If you want automatically-generated maps that you can edit (free and open-source), there's https://azgaar.github.io/Fantasy-Map-Generator/. I found it a little confusing at first, but then realized you can zoom in and edit stuff and use the menu button on the upper-left to access more features and the FAQ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Unpopular opinion: I always consider my players as my guinea pig for my experiment (my game) :p
Error brain.exe is not responding. Shutdown and run pillow.exe and bed.exe instead?
Not going to lie, now that business is picking up again after the whole pandemic lockdown.... these 50+ hour work weeks are really slowing down game dev work. It's a good thing I have basically no life, else I'd never have time to do this. :kaopride:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr