What is fantasy map builder software do you used or you have an encounter that is useful?

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, the members of the forum. I hope you are well and safe.

I intended to create a colorful map for my world. If by any chance you are using or have used them. Please inform me which one you find easy to use.

I found Inkarnate - Create Fantasy Maps Online.

Last edited:

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, the members of the forum. I hope you are well and safe.

I intended to create a colorful map for my world. If by any chance you are using or have used them. Please inform me which one you find easy to use.

I found Inkarnate - Create Fantasy Maps Online.
I found inkarnate quite limited and ultimately chose wonderdraft.
It's offline, allows massive maps, and has an active asset scene where users provide assets you can use in your project.

It's also pretty easy to learn.

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was just researching this last night - there's Inkarnate and Wonderdraft, and I also saw Other World Mapper mentioned (https://www.otherworldmapper.com/). You can try Inkarnate for free, and it's fairly easy to use, but I haven't tried the other two - no demos available, unfortunately.

If you want automatically-generated maps that you can edit (free and open-source), there's https://azgaar.github.io/Fantasy-Map-Generator/. I found it a little confusing at first, but then realized you can zoom in and edit stuff and use the menu button on the upper-left to access more features and the FAQ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you are trying to make progress in your game. But something is stopping your motivation. Like come on mind! Let me do what I want! :<
Tfw everyone is trying their hardest to brainstorm about unique ideas and game mechanics, here I am just going: "How am I gonna event conversations with busts" everyday. :kaoswt2:
Comedy is third person, tragedy is first person.
Man. A historic 130 year old church nearby had all of its windows broken out with bricks last night. Such a shame, it wasn't generic stained glass patterns either but had beautifully crafted murals depicting various parts of the gospels.
The Steam Summer Sale's been treating me nicely. Now if only game sales were always this good...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DifficultyError