What is location of chars on sprite for symphony

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by ianbach, Nov 21, 2014.

1. ianbach

ianbach Zombie Master Member

First Language:
    english
    EDIT 11-26-2014
    Resolution

Thanks to Susan 
    the setup I was looking for is in 8D battlers an addon for symphony

[​IMG]

END EDIT

Original post below here:

Last night I saw a cool post that used text of how to set up the chars on the sprite sheet. 

it goes something like

down       down/left          run-down        run-down/left

left           up/left              run-left           run-up left

right         down/right        run-right        run-down/right

up            up/right            run-up           run up//right

???         ????                2 hand wield

???         ????                1 hand wield

???         fall down?        ?????

???         dead                ?????

the other big Question is I just starting to use symphony and i think holders and the 8d battle and himes 8 on land.

but i am not sure is it holders or symphony that needs the above mentioned sprite layout???

ADDED BOLD AREAS during edit 1129 friday nov 21, 2014 - i am pretty sure the above diagram (via text) on how to do the layout for the sprites is for Symphony. Holders I am pretty sure uses the 4 across 14 down format row 14 is the artists info that one (holders) is for the enemies during battle. at least thats what i am using it for. for symphony I believe it is I am using the 8 down 12 across sprite format.

i have the link for symphony and holders posts but this info is not there.

thanks for any help

also i seen scripts that are 4 across and 13 down ? which script are those for? delete 10-14-2014

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2014
  2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    no text can ever setup the chars on a spritesheet - what you saw is a description how a script programmed to use a specific spritesheet requires that spritesheet to be setup. In effect, that text was the manual on how to use that specific script/format.

The key has always been the name for the format - Holder's, 8D, default and very few others

Search for those names and then look at the resulting sprites to see how they are formatted - 4x13 might be Holder's, but I'm not sure.

Symphony itself needs absolutely no sprite layout - by default it uses the default sprites.

There are several add-on scripts that can tell Symphony to use different sprites, but YOU are the one who needs to decide which of those to use, and then you have the name of the format you want to search for.

3. ianbach

First Language:
    english
    the battle symphony demo uses the ones i am asking about.

and i guess u misunderstood what I was asking. the text diagram i saw was how to set up the char sprite sheet.

and yes holders is the 4 across 14 down row 14 is artist info

I did tons of searches even went through my history on google still couldnt find the page i want that shows the diagram of how to set up the 8 row 3x 4 = 12 column sprite sheets. they have a specific layout

Its to bad so many posts have dead links also. 

??? but I still need  to find the 8 x 12 sprite sheet layout.???

---- I spent 6 hours searching for that document/thread etc here that outlines (via text) the char setup on the 8 row 12 column sheets.

hopefully someone who uses that script would know the layout????

down       down/left          run-down        run-down/left

left           up/left              run-left           run-up left

right         down/right        run-right        run-down/right

up            up/right            run-up           run up//right

???         ????                2 hand wield

???         ????                1 hand wield

???         fall down?        ?????

???         dead                ?????

* each text/tag above  represent 3 columns across

so down = 3 positions of char walking down etc.

the areas i have ??? is ones I do not know what the sprite sheet needs to have for char positions.

* the above is  a diagram of how to set up a sprite sheet = ?? possibly symphony ???

also that info is not in the post for battle symphony, holders, or battle symphony manual. not in any of those and I look at tons of thread on it also.... no joy all scenarios, any help will be appreciated beyond belief.

......thanks....

btw anyone who knows the layout for holders that will be cool also.

oh andar u said  I need figure out which  I want to use but I am using both

holders for the enemy sprites during battle, and symphony for my char sprites in battle and while walking/running also uses same sheet.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
  4. Susan

Susan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    No idea...
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The above text you posted is the layout for 8D Kaduki Battlers, not Holders. I don't know where you saw that text from, but it is found specifically in the 8D Kaduki Battlers Add-on script. Both 8D Kaduki & Holders scripts are independant of Yami's Symphony Battle Engine script. The following link shows you how to name your files or place notetags :

http://yamiworld.wordpress.com/2012/08/01/battle-symphony-8d-battlers/

8D Kaduki Battlers would utilize sprites like these :

http://usui.moo.jp/rpg_chadot4_10.html

Holders Battlers need battlesheets like those available here :

https://animatedbattlers.wordpress.com

By the way, why not just use Holders Battlers for both player and enemy troops, rather than two separate animated types?

Marsigne, Dalph and ianbach like this.
  5. ianbach

First Language:
    english
    thanks tons was bugging me where did i see the format for 8d yami?

So here is the symphony demo ..... err ..... Link to the Demo the main script Symphony and to the add ons. I tried to find the thread I found it in but thats like finding a needle in a haystack.

here is list of the scripts i the Demo          ---  you'll notice in the 8D battle script highlighted show in pic below shows the layout for the sprite sheets they diagram it by using text description of what poses to uses where. that is the diagram I was trying to describe in my original post. thanks u helped me find it.

[​IMG]

here i the scripts i am using on my game . i will be adding one at a time the symphony add ons.

most my scripts ar5e yanfly yami soulpous? prob spelt that wrong and bunch other, I tried lots these were the most plug and play and best easiest instructions on how to use.

I am nt sure if any of these conflict with others so far its running ok........but if anyone sees a prob pleease do not hesitate to let me know...thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
  6. Susan

Susan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    No idea...
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    At this moment, I notice a couple of scripts that causes a glitch when used together, and that is Yanfly's Battle Command List and Combat Log Display scripts.

You will have to choose one or the other.

7. ianbach

First Language:
    english
    awesome thanks  tons for pointing out the conflict ones - if u ever need free artist let me know....within limits of 2-3 hr.

also above u asked why i wasn't using holders for all my sprites. but holders is only side view and doesnt work for when not in battle right??? so i have HIME 8d that works great to get the 8d effect for when walking around. I am not sure if HIME makes use of the run scripts in 8d battle format maybe HIME uses a dif format?

?? Is combat log the thing in menu i can click to see battle log??

I dont think I really was using command list (which I think) is to say maybe only plug and play abilities if any. I think that skill is used to change order of commands when in battle screen mode?? so like since a bunch of symphony and holders u need to do skills for like shoot or throw molotov cocktail or custom battle animations??? if i am wrong would be way cool... but for now life i use skill molotov cocktail then the toon move slightly forward and throws the bomb or cocktail, holy hand grenade etc. and also shot command but when use attack the toon runs up and attacks even when its fire a rifle or throw a bomb.. DOH !! So i guess its great for chars that use spells and  special abilities

I guess I should use command list to make full use of symphony make the interface easier for users. so that sets the skills up top.

I think only other way would be use victors scripts, but those are more advanced and less info out there on set up and usage of them.

8. Susan

Susan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    No idea...
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wow, thanks for the offer! I'm really touched!

The battle animations and walking animations are handled differently. You do not need to use the 8D Kaduki Battlers script to use the Eight Directional Movement script from Tsukihime.

That said, I generally use Victor's scripts for the character animations. You will need the following from his blog & be place them in your script editor in the order shown below :

- Basic Module (required for his scripts);

- Multi Frames (allowing use of charset with more than 3 frames);

- Diagonal Movement (self-explanatory);

- Character Control (for allowing different graphics for walking, running & jumping).

http://victorscripts.wordpress.com

Please be aware that like any other scripts that have a 'core' script, his scripts may conflict with those from other scripters.

However, it works well with Yami's Symphony Battle Engine and the Holders Battlers add-on, as Victor's scripts modifies the character animation on the map, while Yami's scripts modifies the character animation in battle.

The 3 or 8 frames walking, running, and diagonal sprites that you may be using are usually utilized as animation for walking on the map. Using Victor's scripts will allow those animations to be used while walking or dashing on the map.

The default suffixes required are as follows :

[f8] - for 8 frame sprites

[diag] - for diagonal sprites

[dsh] - for running/dashing sprites

So, examples of how to name your sprites would be :

Actor1 - standard 3 frame walking animation.

Actor1[diag] 3 frame walking, diagonal animation.

Actor1[dsh] 3 frame running animation.

Actor1[diag][dsh] - 3 frame running, diagonal animation.

Actor1[f8] - 8 frame walking animation

Actor1[f8][diag] - 8 frame walking, diagonal animation.

Actor1[f8][dsh] - 8 frame running animation.

Actor1[f8][diag][dsh] - 8 frame running, diagonal animation.

The Holders Battlers are generally used for battle sprite animations and have a default setting on how the animations are handled. That is the reason why you see even ranged battlers moving to the enemy to attack. It will be too long for me to explain, unfortunately. The guide I linked to you before explains how to create a custom battle sprite animation for ranged attacks :

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/19884-a-guide-to-yamis-battle-symphony/

Read the guide again all the way to number 5 (where the author shows you how to create a custom animation for ranged attack), and number 6 (where the author teaches you how to create a custom throw animation).

Regarding Yanfly's Combat Log Display script - yes, it the one where you select Combat Log to display all the information of what has occurred during the course of the battle.

Personally, if I had to choose, I will go for his Battle Command List script as it will allow me to place custom skills for each actor. It something that will be useful for you since you will have to create custom skills for custom animations (especially: ranged attacks) which need to replace the default 'attack' command.

9. ianbach

First Language:
    english
    Yup that was kinda what I was thinking on command list thingy.

I already made the symphony throw and shot commands working fine for few days now

but i didn't bother to make my custom menus yet but had read a few places that was the downfall. 

but I was very glad to hear that Victors stuff works good with symphony and holders

I will prob play with Victor scripts on my next project

I have 60+ maps and some pretty big ones so far after 6 months

for now i have diag movement in battle and out of battle so it works good

takes a lot of time to remake all my actors sprites esp considering now i have to make battle sprites for all the enemies.

one cool thing i am thinking of using someone's hunger script and so it works normal until...

if a zombie bites you then the cannibalism portion of it would slowly take over actors drive to live  i may just use it as normal but make it so when zombies go into towns and kill citizens they citizens drop brains.

Susan likes this.
  10. Susan

Susan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    No idea...
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sounds interesting. Good luck with your project!