What is the color setting in the Collections tab for Characters even for?

SCAn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
After Name and before Default Expression, there is just a thing that says Color. Clicking on it brings up a blank dialog box.

What is this meant to be used for? How can it be used? Is it just broken and/or not fully implemented?

Attachments

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Hi, unfortunately this is an issue with the new update but the actual cause is unknown to us. A workaround is to double-click the button, then it will be not blank. It allows you to define character's color which is used for the Name displayed in the message box. I think Message Settings command also has a "Use Character Color" option which allows you to use the character color as message text color too.

SCAn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hi, unfortunately this is an issue with the new update but the actual cause is unknown to us. A workaround is to double-click the button, then it will be not blank. It allows you to define character's color which is used for the Name displayed in the message box. I think Message Settings command also has a "Use Character Color" option which allows you to use the character color as message text color too.
whoah, I actually had no idea what it was supposed to be used for. That makes SO much more sense.
I didn't use the thing before the last update, so I never saw its original functionality and thus didn't know this could even be done.

SCAn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
So, say I was using a custom Message Box via common event. How can I translate a character color into Text Color at the top*?

*without doing a huge mess of variables to determine who is speaking and then checking that against a condition to change colors for each and every character speaking

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
I wonder what you mean with "at the top". You can use Set Message target to make the message area the current one and then use Message Settings with Use Character Color to yes.

SCAn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
I wonder what you mean with "at the top". You can use Set Message target to make the message area the current one and then use Message Settings with Use Character Color to yes.
Like using a common event for a custom message box. Thus, it uses the Text command to set character name, and so it doesn't just switch the color by changing which character is speaking. Keeping the MESSAGE color the same, but changing the CHARACTER NAME color.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We are truly intellectuals.
Without using violence without weapons
Our group has as many as 1.3 million people and more than 1 hundred thousand talks.
We gathered in an hour, more than 4.5 Half a hundred thousand

I got a Sword.
I got an Axe.
I got two Swords.
Nothing to see here, just walking with my dog.
I haven’t worked on my game in a while. Tomorrow might be the day.
*squeals* :kaoblush:

I've been experimenting with improved memory management again, which allowed me to include items to increase player path length. These are both 44 grid spaces long, and stable. :LZSexcite:
I FINALLY DID IT! 5 years making my very first game and I just officially released it on STEAM..... OMG..... I can say I finished a game! The feelings!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akasheee