pka4916

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What is the difference between RPG maker MV and MZ ?

looked on the website, but could not find anything.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MZ newer with few more built in features.
but because its newer that also means not as much plugin support...
(though some MV plugins can be used with MZ)
and have to deal with constant updates.
both use javascript though where the older RMs dont.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
looked on the website, but could not find anything.

hmmm ...

Skip over all the complaining that is bound to happen when people are impatient and jump to conclusions.

Things I can think of off the top of my head ...
  • MZ gives manual control over layers when mapping, MV doesn't
  • When you're on the event layer, the map palette is replaced by a list of events so you can find one quickly
  • MZ has a System2 database tab and includes some things that previously required plugins (changing game window height/width, fonts, removing item categories)
  • MZ gives 3 different battle systems - turn based, time progress (Active), time progress (Wait) - MV is only turn based
  • MZ uses Effekseer files for animation, but there is also a way to import MV animation formats
  • MZ adds a name window to the Show Text command
  • MZ lets you choose the player or an event in the Get Location Info command, so you don't have to mess around with variables for the x and y position
  • MZ has a nicer format for plugin commands, so you don't have to remember exactly what order the arguments go in, or in what format - it also avoids issues where several plugins use the same names for plugin commands, and (if the plugin creator makes use of them) the ability for the plugin manager to tell you if your plugins are in the wrong order (to a limited extent) or if prerequisite plugins are missing

That's about all I can think of, but I'm sure you'll see more if you go through those topics - you really only need to look at the first post in each.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

AeroPergold wrote on LUKElcs's profile.
Its-a me, Pergold from Gamejolt!
I added footstep sounds to our content that I posted in a previous thread. I was unable to edit the post, so if you're interested, see below.

DOWNLOAD LINK

I've started working on rpg maker again, and I can see a lot of improvement from when I was 13. I still have a long way to go, but I'm proud that I've gotten this far.
Animated Title screen is by SharkerrBlue(SB)
I am using the Nightmare Land pack.
I just can't walk to the store for lunch without walking past people smoking. It not only smells bad, it's probably poisoning me. I'm afraid I'll eventually have to be hospitalized. I can't take another path because there's too much traffic and drivers in the plaza are reckless sometimes. I almost got run over once, even after looking both ways.
RyanYe wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Your art works about Wyrvens and Dragons are sooooooooo cooooooooool~! I like them so bad
Can you create more? like Archangels, Devils, Titans, Cyclops!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoUrbex