What is the future of the RPG Maker series?

Aslanemperor

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
One Word: Holodeck

Neptrone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Primarily Uses
N/A
gDeZBD2.jpg

Found it.

It says "Kadokawa will bring more official extensions including 3D character generator, dialogue window customization, and isometric view mode".

life simulation game w/ isometric view maker would be awesome :rhappy:

Aslanemperor

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
gDeZBD2.jpg

Found it.

It says "Kadokawa will bring more official extensions including 3D character generator, dialogue window customization, and isometric view mode".

life simulation game w/ isometric view maker would be awesome :rhappy:
I might actually pay full price for this sort of quality instead of being cheap and waiting to see it on HumbleBundle...

saintivan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sort of off topic but since you brought up mobile output on MV....how is that going? Is there a thread you can refer me to?

Neptrone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think it's possible in future new RM will have new feature inspired from plugins created from community.

as for graphics, yes Kadokawa should focus on 2D graphics. They should focus on how to optimize 2D game creation and make everything easier without removing any versatility for 2D game creator.

TBH if i want to make 3D games i would choose UE 4 over Unity.

Last edited:

watermark

Thinking of what to do next
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would pay good money if they ever incorporated plug-and-play online mmo features into a RM engine. Or maybe as an add-on. BUT still keep it 2D. I agree with most here that Unity and Unreal already do a great job there. RM's strength lies in 2D.

By MMO, I don't mean a 3D Warcraft, but a Ragnarok Online. That fits quite well with RM's model I think. Imagine building a RO-like world using the RM toolkit. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Zombie status is now complete. I didn't have to do much in the way of changing how healing is applied to undead targets, was just a simple 3 line code. I thought I had to overhaul Game_Action lol. Everything else was doable by events. So.. Zombie: You turn undead. Your element changes to darkness. You're weak to light, you're strong to physical attacks and healing hurts you and revival items will kill you.
My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...
Terribly depressed. Worst birthday I've had in years, no motivation to work on anything. Still no income. At least I've got my computer running again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alliium