What is the game platform you are spent most of the time playing games? Why?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Kupotepo, Nov 24, 2018.

1. FluffexStudios

FluffexStudios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I would say PC since it's the most versatile platform and I have way too many games on steam, plus PC is a great platform for beginner developers.

Switch and PSvita are really nice for the ability to play on the go too.

2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    I wanted to make use of black friday deals for my Switch but sadly I dont have Nintendo credits right now and I'm too lazy to get some from the internet

3. BlissyMKW

BlissyMKW Rawr Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Because I'm not at home all the time, I tend to mainly use my 3DS or Switch. As for games, mainly RPGs and repeat playthroughs of games for completion.

4. Lord Kuro

Lord Kuro Villager Member

I mostly play games on pc. I can't justify spending hundreds on something that's just for fun, but I can talk myself into it with a pc because it has so many other uses. I do have older consoles as well, but the time I spend using them is nothing compared to the pc.

5. dulsi

dulsi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I've been developing for the Pocket Arcade from Tiny Circuits. It's a small handheld arduino device. Small enough you can attach it to your keys. Most of my game playing is on the PS4 although I've been trying Skyborn under Linux for a little bit.

6. synchronicity

synchronicity Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I mostly play on my Playstation, which was always my preferred console (I like the Sony-exclusive games better than the exclusive games for other consoles) but I've started doing a bit more of Windows gaming now that I have a laptop that can handle them better. It's not a gaming computer, but it can handle some games. So right now on my PC I'm playing the Legend of Heroes games (Trails of Cold Steel and Trails in the Sky).

I kind of bounce back and forth between my laptop and my playstation, just because we're renovating our rec room at the moment and I don't like hogging the main TV with my games unless it's something that would be entertaining for other people to watch. Games where you have to level grind are kind of dull for other people :p

7. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Long time Windows user and gamer. Long time Console gamer.
    I currently own PS1, PS2, PS3, XBox 360, Wii. Grew up owning NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Sega Master, Sega Genesis, Turbo Graphics 16.
    And first started with Coleco vision and Atari 2600.

From that I'm mainly a Windows user due to the vast variety of games and software.

I think gaming does not exists on Mac and Linux is a wannabe Windows.

8. Tai_MT

Tai_MT Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Probably either my PC or various Gameboy handhelds. I've owned like 5 PC's in my lifetime. I used to game exclusively on the PC when I was younger and playing a lot of foreign and unreleased games in the US. I don't play on it so much anymore as I find the control scheme for pretty much any game released on it to be... well... atrocious.

I've put thousands of hours into Pokémon games too. So, I've probably gamed on Nintendo Handhelds the second longest.

Xbox consoles probably the third longest as I used to exclusively play Halo, Black Ops 1, and Battlefield.

9. kirbwarrior

kirbwarrior Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Over all time? PSX. And that's entirely due to Final Fantasy Tactics. I can with full certainty state that I've put over a thousand hours into that game.
    Ignoring FFT? PS2. I don't know how, but I somehow managed to get a large library of PS2 and of mostly good PS2 games over my life. Even my vast NES collection can't compete on quality.
    Recently, as in the past few years? SNES, especially when including Classic SNES. It just has the games I generally want to play nowadays.
    Right now? Switch. I just conquered Super Mario Odyssey and am looking into more games to get, plus I got New Super Mario U Deluxe for free and that was quite enjoyable on the Wii U.

What's odd is that PC is in "second" place. It's right behind the PS2 for similar reasons, and even recently I've been bouncing around RPG maker games, Skyrim, and random other games, but I still wouldn't count it as the most.

10. Xris

Xris Meow. Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For most of my -short- life I've been playing on console. I'm sony trash so basically PS2, PS3 and PS4 now (I hated it at first but you can't stop evolution). With a little bit of Nintendo on the side (3DS... and Wii when it was a thing).

I always wanted to play on PC because I felt like it was more convenient (no need to turn on your tv, your console, find your long lost controllers...) but my PCs were not powerful enough to even handle minesweeper so I gave up on the idea. Then I finally got a decent PC and started playing on PC... You can't go back after that ~

Sooo... I like PS4 for the setup (big tv, comfy couch) but I like PC more in terms of gameplay. I play a lot shooters so mouse & keyboard is a must for me now. I also like (legal) modding so it's a big plus. For classic RPG I like playing with a controller, though.

11. gomes766

gomes766 Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    On PC probably. Right now I play online games mostly like CS:GO and League of Legends

12. OgreKiddo

OgreKiddo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    PS4 & PC, but at the moment "Final Fantasy Dissidia: Opera Ominia" on Mobile has me under a spell & I'm hooked on that

13. chobokid

chobokid Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    PC. I've put in a dangerous amount of time into League of Legends.

14. Powerise

Powerise Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Android !!!
    I play most final fantasy games on android because it's more portable for me

15. joombo

joombo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I play almost all my games on PC right now

16. NinjaKittyProductions

NinjaKittyProductions Professional Murder Hobos Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I either play on the PC or my RetroPi.

17. realice

realice Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    im a gamer who spent in all console before, but now I spent most of my game time on the PC.
    bcoz many game is being port to PC, like the PS4 Games or PSV Games..even though the release out games for PC is sometimes slow, but i can wait it.
    and the price affordable too than other console,
    like PSVita game visual novel its cost $40-$50, but i can afford cheaper in steam arround $10-$20.
    and sometimes they make extra features too only for PC

18. RishigangiX

RishigangiX Professional Procrastinator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    PC and Android.
    Never owned any consoles nor do I plan on getting one any time soon.

19. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    PC. No other place to enjoy games really, but to be honest, I will enjoy a team game on a console from time to time.

20. Joe_Schmoe

Joe_Schmoe Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Probably PC. You can do so much more than on a PS4, where you pretty much had to take what it gave you (both streaming and gaming). PC has more versatility with me. Oh, and I'm currently playing Final Fantasy XIV, but my sub runs out in a few days, after which I'll be playing RPG Maker XP.