What is the game platform you are spent most of the time playing games? Why?

FluffexStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would say PC since it's the most versatile platform and I have way too many games on steam, plus PC is a great platform for beginner developers.

Switch and PSvita are really nice for the ability to play on the go too.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
I wanted to make use of black friday deals for my Switch but sadly I dont have Nintendo credits right now and I'm too lazy to get some from the internet

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Because I'm not at home all the time, I tend to mainly use my 3DS or Switch. As for games, mainly RPGs and repeat playthroughs of games for completion.

Lord Kuro

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I mostly play games on pc. I can't justify spending hundreds on something that's just for fun, but I can talk myself into it with a pc because it has so many other uses. I do have older consoles as well, but the time I spend using them is nothing compared to the pc.

dulsi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've been developing for the Pocket Arcade from Tiny Circuits. It's a small handheld arduino device. Small enough you can attach it to your keys. Most of my game playing is on the PS4 although I've been trying Skyborn under Linux for a little bit.

synchronicity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mostly play on my Playstation, which was always my preferred console (I like the Sony-exclusive games better than the exclusive games for other consoles) but I've started doing a bit more of Windows gaming now that I have a laptop that can handle them better. It's not a gaming computer, but it can handle some games. So right now on my PC I'm playing the Legend of Heroes games (Trails of Cold Steel and Trails in the Sky).

I kind of bounce back and forth between my laptop and my playstation, just because we're renovating our rec room at the moment and I don't like hogging the main TV with my games unless it's something that would be entertaining for other people to watch. Games where you have to level grind are kind of dull for other people :p

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Long time Windows user and gamer. Long time Console gamer.
I currently own PS1, PS2, PS3, XBox 360, Wii. Grew up owning NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Sega Master, Sega Genesis, Turbo Graphics 16.
And first started with Coleco vision and Atari 2600.

From that I'm mainly a Windows user due to the vast variety of games and software.

I think gaming does not exists on Mac and Linux is a wannabe Windows.

Tai_MT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Probably either my PC or various Gameboy handhelds. I've owned like 5 PC's in my lifetime. I used to game exclusively on the PC when I was younger and playing a lot of foreign and unreleased games in the US. I don't play on it so much anymore as I find the control scheme for pretty much any game released on it to be... well... atrocious.

I've put thousands of hours into Pokémon games too. So, I've probably gamed on Nintendo Handhelds the second longest.

Xbox consoles probably the third longest as I used to exclusively play Halo, Black Ops 1, and Battlefield.

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Over all time? PSX. And that's entirely due to Final Fantasy Tactics. I can with full certainty state that I've put over a thousand hours into that game.
Ignoring FFT? PS2. I don't know how, but I somehow managed to get a large library of PS2 and of mostly good PS2 games over my life. Even my vast NES collection can't compete on quality.
Recently, as in the past few years? SNES, especially when including Classic SNES. It just has the games I generally want to play nowadays.
Right now? Switch. I just conquered Super Mario Odyssey and am looking into more games to get, plus I got New Super Mario U Deluxe for free and that was quite enjoyable on the Wii U.

What's odd is that PC is in "second" place. It's right behind the PS2 for similar reasons, and even recently I've been bouncing around RPG maker games, Skyrim, and random other games, but I still wouldn't count it as the most.

Xris

Meow.
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For most of my -short- life I've been playing on console. I'm sony trash so basically PS2, PS3 and PS4 now (I hated it at first but you can't stop evolution). With a little bit of Nintendo on the side (3DS... and Wii when it was a thing).

I always wanted to play on PC because I felt like it was more convenient (no need to turn on your tv, your console, find your long lost controllers...) but my PCs were not powerful enough to even handle minesweeper so I gave up on the idea. Then I finally got a decent PC and started playing on PC... You can't go back after that ~

Sooo... I like PS4 for the setup (big tv, comfy couch) but I like PC more in terms of gameplay. I play a lot shooters so mouse & keyboard is a must for me now. I also like (legal) modding so it's a big plus. For classic RPG I like playing with a controller, though.

gomes766

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
VNM
On PC probably. Right now I play online games mostly like CS:GO and League of Legends

OgreKiddo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
PS4 & PC, but at the moment "Final Fantasy Dissidia: Opera Ominia" on Mobile has me under a spell & I'm hooked on that

chobokid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
PC. I've put in a dangerous amount of time into League of Legends.

Powerise

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Android !!!
I play most final fantasy games on android because it's more portable for me

joombo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I play almost all my games on PC right now

realice

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
im a gamer who spent in all console before, but now I spent most of my game time on the PC.
bcoz many game is being port to PC, like the PS4 Games or PSV Games..even though the release out games for PC is sometimes slow, but i can wait it.
and the price affordable too than other console,
like PSVita game visual novel its cost $40-$50, but i can afford cheaper in steam arround $10-$20.
and sometimes they make extra features too only for PC

RishigangiX

Professional Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
PC and Android.
Never owned any consoles nor do I plan on getting one any time soon.

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
PC. No other place to enjoy games really, but to be honest, I will enjoy a team game on a console from time to time.

Joe_Schmoe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
When I say the game platforms, I meant pc(windows/macOSX), ios, Xbox, PlayStation, or Android. What are your reasons? What game do you play right now? What is the game genre?

For example, I spent most of my game time on the android phone, because I can stop the game anytime without feeling like I missing something out of the game.

Thank you for answer my questions.
Probably PC. You can do so much more than on a PS4, where you pretty much had to take what it gave you (both streaming and gaming). PC has more versatility with me. Oh, and I'm currently playing Final Fantasy XIV, but my sub runs out in a few days, after which I'll be playing RPG Maker XP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?
I keep trying to explain to clients that the huddle masses behind the old K-Mart are a Fallout Reenactment group. Somehow I don't think they believe me. :LZSskeptic:
Hey people! What do you think about a core plugin? This will save some lines of code that I repeatedly use in all my plugins...
Wondering if I should make my enemies scale in my non-linear rpg. I'm leaning towards yes, but I don't want to use Yanfly's plugin...
French folk trying to pronounce English words. I loved how the man pronounced squirrel as 'square friend'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foghiszdenisz