Barthdry

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am making my game in which a character drives a car. So i used the character and also set the tileset well. Also then i play tested the game and game is going on well without any overlapping. But then i added a feature like when the player presses a action button near a garage he will turn into a car which is high resolution about 640 * 480 sized spritesheet. But after turning into a car some glitches like climbing in the wall and all is happening. Also it will stop at the place marked as wall only at centre
Does it mean that the spritesheet is too large to cause a glitch?
Can it be solved by script?
Any Other Error?
Also Sorry if there is already a post like this because i cannot find any solution

Last edited:

orochi2k

The Mad King of Neolithic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
:kaoswt2:Wait.... 640*480 is the default screen size of RMXP...
Your car is covering the entire screen?
Or...at least maybe 1/4 of the entire screen? :kaoswt2:
It can certainly causes some problem as each grid by default is 32*32 in RMXP.
(RMXP by default only check the collision on the exact grid coordinate (x,y). It does not extend to the entire image.)
The script can solve it but needs more information
Other solutions may include, place some invisible obstacle near the wall so that the car can't get too close to climbing on the wall.
(Use a character with the totally transparent image as an event. You can even decide if it is possible by check against a switch to see if player is in car)

Last edited:

Barthdry

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No the Spritesheet is that size but the size of the vehicle must be about lesser than 1/4th of it. Also Thanks but is there any better solution

orochi2k

The Mad King of Neolithic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Yes, even that is too bigger than the default 32*32.
Thus, you may want to add some events as collision boxes to help RMXP to stop the car.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
You need to consider that the collision system does not work for the size of the image, but for the 32x32 space that it is occupying on the map.

In other words, the car is not crossing the map, it is as if it were one of the big monsters of RTP, it is the "head" and "chest" that are taller than the other characters.

You will need to create a simulation with more than one map event.

There is no script that solves this.

Good luck.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Updated the dev logs for the game I'm working on! Check it out here
Alright, I left the modern girl in fantasy brain's hands while I get my - MODERN GIRL WHAT HAPPENED?! I blame fantasy brain for this.

WinaElemental.png
I just realized that, while I was waiting for our little Easter Game to be approved in the Completed Games Thread, the game was already listed for more than a week, without me noticing x.x

So ... very delayed happy easter to everyone I guess? : D
WIP
3t2Xc52pKS7ptwWCFMrSen.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hesena