Nimbus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There is a folder in the MV directory called QTGraphicalEffects, and inside it are a bunch of cool sounding effects like radial blur, opacity mask, glow, gaussian blur, linear gradient, and more. These are all .qml files which I know next to nothing about. I feel like I remember a video about how MV uses this QT system but I can't remember the specifics. As hard as I search, I can't seem to find any documentation about any of the files in this folder.

How are these effects applicable to RPGMaker and is there a way an average user can have access to all of these cool filters?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The QT framework is used to make the editor itself cross-platform, so that the editor doesn't have to be remade form scratch for each OS. These files won't have any effect on the games, only the editor, but even then this doesn't guarantee that they're being used by the editor.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.
Woof, haven't touched any game-making elements in a couple of weeks I think.
Doing a thing in MV...

R3PuRjF.png
Don't you just hate it when you get a high level armor only for it to look like a metal plated bikini on your female character?? Seriously. How can that protect you??? Enemies can hit the squishy parts! :kaosigh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raizus