What is your favorite anime?

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by NeoFantasy, Oct 5, 2015.

1. wallacethepig

wallacethepig Potato Mage Veteran

First Language:
    Piglish
    Hunter x Hunter is at the top of my list. Pound for pound, it's the best anime I've seen (and the dub is coming soon, which is cool).

Right now, even though it's not even halfway over, I'm really digging One Punch Man. It's probably because I loved the manga so much, but the animation truly is top-notch.

Other than that, I liked Steins;Gate (time travel done well), Angel Beats ( ;_; ), and Kino's Journey (Twilight Zone the Anime, more or less). All really great shows in my book.

-Wallace

NeoFantasy likes this.
  2. Lux Fortuna

Lux Fortuna Legal Eagle Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Code Geass and No Game No Life are up there with my two favorites.

Death Note and X follow close behind!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015
  3. Jeremy Cannady

Jeremy Cannady Coldfire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hunter x Hunter, is pretty good.

4. NeoFantasy

NeoFantasy Building Worlds Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @WallaceThePig: Angel beats messed me up for a while, I wanted something to cheer me up and the first few episodes were pretty dayum funny, but as we know that was not the case for the rest of the show. That scene where Yuri snapped and had that flashback just really got me.  ;_;

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2015
  5. Murawt

Murawt Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I have 2 that made my sides leave orbit, but I have a weird sense of humor.

There is the one about discount grocery store food...

And then there is the one that is supposed to be about game development...I think.

6. NeoFantasy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    D-frag was pretty good but that one about a grocery store sounds too funny I gotta go check it out :D

7. Murawt

Murawt Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    It brings a new meaning to "fighting" for great prices.

8. NarikoStudios

NarikoStudios Lover of Catgirls Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    My favourite anime of all time is Fairy Tail with Nisekoi being the runner up
    I'm also a big fan of Himouto Umaru-Chan, Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa, Ore Monogatari!!, Yamada and the Seven Witches, Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon, Dog Days and Hanayamata
    Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun isn't a favourite but I think it was great and also Love Lab was pretty good, Mangaka-San to Assistant-San is also a really good one

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2015
  9. SolonWise

SolonWise The Lonely Maker Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Dragon Ball Z, Rurouni Kenshin and Saint Seiya. Strange that no one mentioned that, I think its really good.

Niten Ichi Ryu likes this.
  10. RiceMaster

RiceMaster Master rice. Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Attack on titan,avatar the last airbender,Sword art online.

11. NeoFantasy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I feel that Attack on Titan is overrated. I've watched the anime multiple times and read the manga, it's not as good as some people make it out to be. It's not bad but it isn't anything special either, the titans are basically zombies and the characters are the same ones we've seen time and time again. It has a lot of cool ideas like the 3d gear and even has a few plot twists that don't make me think of M night shyamalan. It started off promising but in the end it was a hudge let down. 

Dragon Ball is something I can't get into, so many people claim it's one of the best anime ever yet all of my friends that have watched it tell me to stay away.

This is the best name for a show ever :guffaw:

RiceMaster and trouble time like this.
  12. trouble time

trouble time Bearer of the Word Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I agree

Warning: Rant Ahead.

AoT lost me when Eren didn't die when he was eaten, Armin becoming the main character from then on and improving his combat skills would have fit the survival theme so much better, when that didn't happen I knew it'd be just a basic superpowered teens save the world. Not to meantion every death in the sereis has been pretty much meaningless. Erens character makes no sense cause he was some kind of sociopath even before his mother was killed. and I actually feel the titans were overhyped, seeing how hard they describe taking one down I woulding imagine them to drop like flies like they do in the actual series. I can't imagine them forcing humanity back into a wall, they don't even seem to have the infection aspect zombies have. I honestly feel the reason people let it get awat with all it does is that it's pretty edgy, same with people thinking Madoka magica was deep when the only thing it said was people become sad when bad things happen to them. It even failed at be careful what you wish for because everything is solved with a wish anyway, Oh, got off topic rant over

NeoFantasy likes this.
  13. NeoFantasy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    It really would have been better, like you said, if Eren and Mikasa died at the end of season one and the rest of the show revolved around Arim getting better and coping with the loss of his friends (which he deems his fault because he wasn't good enough to save them). Armin could have become a Levi type character. There is no way that all of humanity is inside those walls, The titans may have been hard to kill before 3d gear was invented but after that... There is no plot to the show other than overpowered bad ass teenagers saving the world. I wish the author went with his original idea and killed off the entire cast. 

Spoilers ahead

The death's, like you said are all meaningless, Petra and that other guy get killed off after two episodes or something and in that time we don't get to know anything about them. That scene where Levi comes back to the walls and Petra's father (or mother I don't remember) starts talking to Levi about them getting married means nothing because we don't know enough bout who Petra is to care about her, so it just comes off as something thrown in there to try and make the show deep and emotional.

14. Pahhur

Pahhur Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    1. One Piece: I think this is the best long form anime out there, certainly a perfection of the manga into anime process.

2. Tengen Toppa: Love this anime, and the movies are extremely good.

2. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood: Far superior to the previous FMA, and an insanely strong story.

3. Fairy Tail: Really like this one, but a bit silly at times.

15. metronome

metronome Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (Sure!)
    Man...asking "what is your favorite anime?" is like God asking you "how much money do you want right now? I will give it to you NOW!!!":D:D:D

Lux Fortuna likes this.
  16. Iavra

Iavra Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Hmm, a lot actually. I can't give a proper order, but those are definitely on top:

- Baccano! (+ Durarara!!)

- Steins;Gate

- To Aru Kagaku No Railgun

- Sword of the Stranger

- Darker Than Black (Season 1, the 2nd one is completely different and not for me)

- Death Note (First part, up to the death of a certain someone)

- Mirai Nikki (Except the ending, i don't think it fit at all)

(Eden of the East)

(Hunter X Hunter) <- Still at it!

I always wanted to watch Monster, but i heard it takes quite a bit to get running, so i fear i'll drop out too early.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015
  17. Kalashnikov

Kalashnikov Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Darker than Black, and I mean all of it. There's a bit of a divide between the fanbase in regards to the different seasons, but I loved every minute of it.

18. amaSenpai

amaSenpai LP: amaSenpai Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I enjoy a few... Most of these are seeped in comedy. (And I think are all manga)

Angel Densetsu

Twenty Century Boys

Chihayafuru

Space Brothers

One Punch Man

Ore Monogatari

19. amaSenpai

amaSenpai LP: amaSenpai Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I really enjoyed all these you mentioned. We may have similar tastes, although I haven't seen spice and wolf.

20. Chris / Level Beat

Chris / Level Beat Villager Member

First Language:
    Polish
    Huge props for that! I once saw a guy with a tattoo of a mark in the exact same spot Guts had. I reckon he must have had a terrifying life :D

Do you read the Berserk manga? Both anime and full length movies are nowhere near the quality of the manga IMHO... although it is way more disturbing than the two as well!

Lux Fortuna likes this.