Rinobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Death Note... I'm very critical of any media that I watch, and while I enjoy quite a few anime for different reasons, Death Note is by far the most flawless anime I've seen thus far. I've seen it multiple times and I'll watch it again any day. There's a slight pacing issue towards the middle of the series (in my opinion), but other than that it's perfect.

-Other Stuff-

Parasyte - I really enjoyed this one.

Dragon Ball due mostly to nostalgia, but the new material has been a little off-putting lately.

Attack on Titan... might make my list after I see the second season. The manga is very interesting, but the page count somehow kills all of the suspense present in the show.

Claymore - The anime ruined the story, but it was good while it lasted.

Gurren Lagann - This one turned out to be surprisingly mature, excellent character progression. Ending was a little disappointing.

Code Geass - It's been years since I've seen it, but I remember liking it.

Case Closed (detective Conan) - Again, nostalgia.

Freezing - The first season anyway...

It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular - My gripe with this one is that things didn't really get any better, so it doesn't feel like the story progressed.

It's totally her fault
Gantz - until it stopped following the manga.
Eureka Seven, Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit, Basilisk, Rurouni Kenshin, The Devil is a Part-Timer, East of Eden, Kampfer, The Familiar of Zero, Kaze no Stigma...

Alright, I'm gonna stop now. Seen hundreds, liked a lot of them...

RiceMaster

Master rice.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Attack on titan,avatar the last airbender,i would say sao but justed finshed season two and the whole season was really a let down,thought it would have more kirto.. >_>

amaSenpai

LP: amaSenpai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Attack on titan,avatar the last airbender,i would say sao but justed finshed season two and the whole season was really a let down,thought it would have more kirto.. >_>
I agree about SAO. The first season was really interesting, although I was a little disappointed they turned it into a "all women are in love with this all powerful character" type of thing. I was hoping there would be more emphasis on him surviving when the whole game was out to kill him. Like, what happened to his first friend? He showed up maybe twice. 

But then they got rid of the killing aspect in the second season. What SHOULD have happened was he retained his abilities, but also his perma-death. Then (like I already stated) it would be a world where people were encouraged to kill each other would be his enemies. I dunno... just a ton of disappointment in general. 

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@RiceMaster: Didn't you already say this?

Drunken Paladin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Favorite would have to be Mushishi, one of the most unique shows I've ever seen. Beautiful, subtle, makes you think hours or days after an episode. 

Notable mentions:

Baccano

Cowboy Bebop

Kids on the Slope

Kino's Journey

Nodame Cantabile

Samurai Champloo

Spice and Wolf

Your Lie in April
I love this list. I haven't seen the last two, but I will now (I'm always reluctant to try romantic anime).

Also worth bringing up my favorite 3 not already mentioned above: Monster, Ping Pong: The Animation and Shinsekai Yori, which starts a little slow and builds into something really cool.

Prizm Daystar

Social Butt
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
"The Devil is a Part-Timer?!"

Because those kind of jobs are all I've ever really had...

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Isn't season two coming out soon?

rcamus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
If you've heard of Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou (Yokohama Shopping Trip), go check it out. Some of the most beautiful and thought-provoking sci-fi anime ever. 

On another note, Space Battleship Yamato is probably the one that touched me most!

Ratty524

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Cory in the House is my favorite animu.

BlackestSoul

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My all time favourite? that's a hard choice! I would have to say it would be One Piece (NOT the english dubbed version) I love the way each of the characters has evolved over the 700+ episodes, and they haven't even gotten to their full potential yet. Each of the characters have a uniqueness about them that just makes me love them all. The amount of emotions you can get from this makes for a grand ol' viewing adventure. Only character i really really REALLY dislike is Nico Robin. She seems to have no place in the straw hat crew.

Second to One Piece would be Dragonball Z. Vegeta is the man!

gundriveth

Medievaliant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Full Metal Alchemist!! The best so far for me.. 

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Hands down.

Runners up would be Mushishi, Nodame Cantabile, Berserk, Claymore, Spice & Wolf, Shigurui, the second half of Fate/Zero and the Yorknew City arc in Hunter x Hunter (2011). If we're talking classics from way back, I don't think anything can top Yu Yu Hakusho.

Honorable mention: I didn't really care too much for the actual story in Elfen Lied, but man does it have the best theme song in any anime ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"I AM IN DESPAIR"

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
*cough* 

to love ru trouble...

Inuyasha

the devil is a part-timer

and many other anime where I don't much remember their name haha 

EDIT : 

finally I would add Baka to test no shoukanju

why? 

because it's funny and....HALF of the "fan service" is made by hideyoshi who are a boy who look like a girl xD (I find this funnyt in a way's since most of time fan service are made by female)

WAIT....

Hideyoshi is nor a female nor a male!

it's ...hideyoshi!

Last edited by a moderator:

SPP

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Umm... I have no idea why this wasn't mentioned (unless I missed it) but here goes

"Monogatari series"

-All of it, just wonderful art and literature. A masterpiece.

"White Album 2"

-I cried. A heartrending tearjerker with beautiful ost :) You don't need to watch white album 1 to understand the story as the characters from 1 and 2 are different. Actually don't watch white album 1, you'll die halfway through. White album 1 is the story about when the song was first made, it's a bit slow unlike WA2 but yeah... and the MC is a &^$@ in WA1.

amaSenpai

LP: amaSenpai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you like sad, I would suggest:

Your Lie in April

Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day

I've also heard Clannad is up there for tear-jerking shows, but I've never seen it. 

Umm... I have no idea why this wasn't mentioned (unless I missed it) but here goes

"Monogatari series"
-All of it, just wonderful art and literature. A masterpiece.

"White Album 2"
-I cried. A heartrending tearjerker with beautiful ost :) You don't need to watch white album 1 to understand the story as the characters from 1 and 2 are different. Actually don't watch white album 1, you'll die halfway through. White album 1 is the story about when the song was first made, it's a bit slow unlike WA2 but yeah... and the MC is a &^$@ in WA1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Do you ever just write or say nonsense? String together words to make a sentence that sounds pretty but is meaningless?
Writing down my ideas for my next game during break times at work XD I need to finish my current one very soon.
I survived Baudelaire and Bukowski, but I can't face C. Lispector. :kaoswt:
I'm a bit late, but Happy New Year to everyone! And to all of those who have an Asian heritage that celebrates the New Year, I wish you all get many fat red envelopes hehehe~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
severopv