Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you like sad, I would suggest:

Your Lie in April

Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day

I've also heard Clannad is up there for tear-jerking shows, but I've never seen it.
Don't forget about Angel beats. Definatly worth a watch it's funny and emotion at the same time and heart warming, especially between the mc and his sister.

Last edited by a moderator:

SPP

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Been there, done that. I never really got attached to angel beats for some reason. The characters never really stuck to me other than the mc and the train *zips mouth* and no I didn't cry at the ending at all. It felt all too predictable and just... yes there are some stories that are predictable like your lies in april but that was good eventhough angel beats win by a landslide graphic-wise. If you like angel beats you can continue doing so. It's probably just not my taste.

If I recall I also teared up while watching guilty crown though I don't really remember why.

amaSenpai

LP: amaSenpai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Has anyone else seen Angel Densetsu? It is possibly o e of the silliest things I've ever read/watched and it isn't very well known... Plus the art (ironically) turns people away.

Brillenpinguin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I'm currently watching One Punch Man and it's a blast!

Other then that I'm excitingly waiting for the fourth season of JJBA.

Bakuda

The Music Man
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmm...that's a tough one.  It's honestly been a while since I've watched some anime but I used to watch quite a bit.  I should get into it again.

Inuyasha will always hold a place in my heart, as being the series that introduced me to anime.  However, I've come to like shows that are 24 episodes or less, 12 episodes are even better.  These tend to stay very plot driven and don't add a bunch of extra crap to try and extend the series.  

Two of my favorite series were Seirei no Moribito and Last Exile.  Amazing stories that I honestly need to re-watch.

As movies go, I'm a huge Miyazaki fan.  My favorite film of his would definitely be Laputa: Castle in the Sky.  It was my first Miyazaki, and shall always be my favorite!

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I can't believe I forgot about DBZA. This needs to have a mention, it's basically its own series at this point

MRD256

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My favorites are SAO(Sword Art Online), Date a Live, all Yu-Gi-Oh series, and Cardfight!! Vanguard G. (The intro for Attack on Titan was okay too).

amaSenpai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Currently obsessed with My Hero Academia/ Boku no Hero Academia.

It's really funny and the characters are so cute. Plus, best teacher for any series 

Noobk

Boo-Boo'Da'Foo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't keep up with Anime much anymore, but has anybody said Gintama yet? I relate to the way Gin likes to live his life and his own personal code.

Sadaharu might be the best anime character ever too.

amaSenpai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I tried reading it, but it was nothing like I expected. Maybe one day later, but for now I can't get into it.

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've gotten into Berserk recently. (I haven't seen the original anime yet though) The manga is great and the art is just amazing! 

Pierman Walter

Chunk Monster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My taste is pretty varied. I like Kill la Kill, JJBA, Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl), Cuticle Detective Inaba, and both Cowboy Bebop and Space Dandy.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Your Lie in April and Fullmetal Alchemist (Original). Haven't watched a whole lot, but those two are definitely up there. RWBY is okay, I just generally don't like American anime as much because I find they tend to get a bit carried away with popular anime cliches. 

Your Lie in April is my favourite as far as extreme feels (and that animation, though!), but Fullmetal Alchemist is just sick and the soundtrack is amazing. 

AthenaWhisper

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My all-time favourites have to be: Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Selector Infected/Spread: WIXOSS, Gakkou Gurashi and Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion + R2.

Other ones I really enjoyed are: One-Punch Man, Food Wars, Flying Witch and Danganronpa.

Yappy Monoxide

The Yappiest Yap Yapp you will ever Yap
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Pokemon and Attack on Titan.....

I need to watch more anime...

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I can relate so much though! I wish I could watch more but, first of all, I have lots of other stuff to do, so I usually forget about it. Second of all, I'm not allowed to watch some things because of all the gore. Can't watch Deathnote (because it's rated R), can't watch Another (gore) and can't watch Attack on Titan (R rated with gore). Doesn't help that I'm being called a Weeaboo because I watch anime and draw it. 

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you are really into anime, you shouldn't care about the people calling you a weeaboo, they belong to the d*ckheads world who will never know what's anime like, missing thus one of the greatest storytelling media of the last 50 years. They probably don't read books at all anyway.

FMA original was awesome and I live the differences between the anime and the manga.

one of my all time favorite is still Space Adventures Cobra. It also aged very well.

Tsarmina

Resident Redhead ♥
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java :P
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My favorite is probably Kaichou wa Maid Sama XD It's kind of silly and the quality isn't epic or anything, but it's hilarious and surprisingly sweet. (Though the second lead really seems to have absolutely nothing to do with his time.) It's also kind of unique because the protagonist girl is such a raging monster hehe~

I also liked Angel Beats, it was really sweet :)  But I found the few episodes right before the ending kind of disappointing, and how we never got to see how most of the members uh....came to terms with the conclusion (no spoilers I suppose) The first half of SAO was good but the ALO arc made me angry XD

I'm also really pumped for the third season of Haikyuu because they finally beat the rivals who made them lose last season.... :D  It's so different from most sports animes because they actually lose. Like a lot. And the main character isn't some genius player or anything, and everyone on the team really has a deep backstory and a fleshed out character. It's wonderful~

baufian

lost gear in the grand design.
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'm going to go with death parade, trigun,.hack and cowboy bebop all tie for me

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Haven't watched any of those, @baufian. *Awkward laugh while blushing slightly and backing away into a corner. Or maybe the rock I was hiding under.* 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Welp... with numerous plugins and a bit of Javascript help, I've simulated an AP system in battle. Proud of myself honestly.
Why most of games like to give a horrible control to an aircraft vehicle? can I get a simplified control that does not require me to roll first just to change my direction?
Homie, this so amazing! Old but Gold :)
I cannot get the Benny Hill Theme out of my head
A wave of cold air has hit Canada... I know it's "always cold", but this one is especially cold... I'm freezing to death lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATN1P