What is your favorite anime?

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by NeoFantasy, Oct 5, 2015.

1. NeoFantasy

NeoFantasy Building Worlds Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Don't forget about Angel beats. Definatly worth a watch it's funny and emotion at the same time and heart warming, especially between the mc and his sister.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2015
  2. SPP

SPP Veteran Veteran

Been there, done that. I never really got attached to angel beats for some reason. The characters never really stuck to me other than the mc and the train *zips mouth* and no I didn't cry at the ending at all. It felt all too predictable and just... yes there are some stories that are predictable like your lies in april but that was good eventhough angel beats win by a landslide graphic-wise. If you like angel beats you can continue doing so. It's probably just not my taste.

If I recall I also teared up while watching guilty crown though I don't really remember why.

3. amaSenpai

amaSenpai LP: amaSenpai Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Has anyone else seen Angel Densetsu? It is possibly o e of the silliest things I've ever read/watched and it isn't very well known... Plus the art (ironically) turns people away.

4. Brillenpinguin

Brillenpinguin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    I'm currently watching One Punch Man and it's a blast!

Other then that I'm excitingly waiting for the fourth season of JJBA.

5. Bakuda

Bakuda The Music Man Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hmm...that's a tough one.  It's honestly been a while since I've watched some anime but I used to watch quite a bit.  I should get into it again.

Inuyasha will always hold a place in my heart, as being the series that introduced me to anime.  However, I've come to like shows that are 24 episodes or less, 12 episodes are even better.  These tend to stay very plot driven and don't add a bunch of extra crap to try and extend the series.  

Two of my favorite series were Seirei no Moribito and Last Exile.  Amazing stories that I honestly need to re-watch.

As movies go, I'm a huge Miyazaki fan.  My favorite film of his would definitely be Laputa: Castle in the Sky.  It was my first Miyazaki, and shall always be my favorite!

6. Kaelan

Kaelan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I can't believe I forgot about DBZA. This needs to have a mention, it's basically its own series at this point

7. MRD256

MRD256 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My favorites are SAO(Sword Art Online), Date a Live, all Yu-Gi-Oh series, and Cardfight!! Vanguard G. (The intro for Attack on Titan was okay too).

NeoFantasy likes this.
  8. amaSenpai

First Language:
    English
    Currently obsessed with My Hero Academia/ Boku no Hero Academia.

It's really funny and the characters are so cute. Plus, best teacher for any series 

Balako likes this.
  9. Noobk

Noobk Boo-Boo'Da'Foo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I don't keep up with Anime much anymore, but has anybody said Gintama yet? I relate to the way Gin likes to live his life and his own personal code.

Sadaharu might be the best anime character ever too.

[​IMG]

Balako likes this.
  10. amaSenpai

First Language:
    English
    I tried reading it, but it was nothing like I expected. Maybe one day later, but for now I can't get into it.

11. NeoFantasy

NeoFantasy Building Worlds Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I've gotten into Berserk recently. (I haven't seen the original anime yet though) The manga is great and the art is just amazing! 

12. Pierman Walter

Pierman Walter Chunk Monster Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    My taste is pretty varied. I like Kill la Kill, JJBA, Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl), Cuticle Detective Inaba, and both Cowboy Bebop and Space Dandy.

13. HexMozart88

HexMozart88 The Master of Random Garbage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Your Lie in April and Fullmetal Alchemist (Original). Haven't watched a whole lot, but those two are definitely up there. RWBY is okay, I just generally don't like American anime as much because I find they tend to get a bit carried away with popular anime cliches. 

Your Lie in April is my favourite as far as extreme feels (and that animation, though!), but Fullmetal Alchemist is just sick and the soundtrack is amazing. 

14. AthenaWhisper

AthenaWhisper Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    My all-time favourites have to be: Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Selector Infected/Spread: WIXOSS, Gakkou Gurashi and Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion + R2.

Other ones I really enjoyed are: One-Punch Man, Food Wars, Flying Witch and Danganronpa.

15. Yappy Monoxide

Yappy Monoxide The Yappiest Yap Yapp you will ever Yap Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Pokemon and Attack on Titan.....

I need to watch more anime...

16. HexMozart88

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I can relate so much though! I wish I could watch more but, first of all, I have lots of other stuff to do, so I usually forget about it. Second of all, I'm not allowed to watch some things because of all the gore. Can't watch Deathnote (because it's rated R), can't watch Another (gore) and can't watch Attack on Titan (R rated with gore). Doesn't help that I'm being called a Weeaboo because I watch anime and draw it. 

17. Niten Ichi Ryu

Niten Ichi Ryu Grey Lords Emissary Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you are really into anime, you shouldn't care about the people calling you a weeaboo, they belong to the d*ckheads world who will never know what's anime like, missing thus one of the greatest storytelling media of the last 50 years. They probably don't read books at all anyway.

FMA original was awesome and I live the differences between the anime and the manga.

one of my all time favorite is still Space Adventures Cobra. It also aged very well.

HexMozart88 likes this.
  18. Tsarmina

Tsarmina Resident Redhead ♥ Veteran

First Language:
    Java :P
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    My favorite is probably Kaichou wa Maid Sama XD It's kind of silly and the quality isn't epic or anything, but it's hilarious and surprisingly sweet. (Though the second lead really seems to have absolutely nothing to do with his time.) It's also kind of unique because the protagonist girl is such a raging monster hehe~

I also liked Angel Beats, it was really sweet :)  But I found the few episodes right before the ending kind of disappointing, and how we never got to see how most of the members uh....came to terms with the conclusion (no spoilers I suppose) The first half of SAO was good but the ALO arc made me angry XD

I'm also really pumped for the third season of Haikyuu because they finally beat the rivals who made them lose last season.... :D  It's so different from most sports animes because they actually lose. Like a lot. And the main character isn't some genius player or anything, and everyone on the team really has a deep backstory and a fleshed out character. It's wonderful~

NeoFantasy likes this.
  19. baufian

baufian lost gear in the grand design. Veteran

I'm going to go with death parade, trigun,.hack and cowboy bebop all tie for me

20. HexMozart88

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Haven't watched any of those, @baufian. *Awkward laugh while blushing slightly and backing away into a corner. Or maybe the rock I was hiding under.*