What is your favorite game developer today?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Labyrinthine, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Drenz

Drenz Forever Desdamona Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    For me, I'll always be a Square Enix fanboy at heart lol!

But really, I am definitely in love with any of the works currently produced and released by Bioware and Naughty Dog. Both developers just know how to strike at the heart of a gamer.

2. Windows i7

Windows i7 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    THQ Nordic and Volition know how also. They remastered Red Faction Guerrilla, then gave free copies to everyone who had the Steam edition of the original. I'll gladly take a free remaster of one of my favorite games lol.

3. Lornsteyn

Lornsteyn Sleepy Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    The big companies I liked ruined their franchise, sometime they still publish some good games.
    I would say Atlus/Sega is the last company I like nowadays because their Shin Megami Tensei games are still good.

consolcwby likes this.
  4. Nivlacart

Nivlacart Glue my hand to the tablet pen. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm always super keen to try out anything Kazuya Niinou has worked on (7th Dragon, Etrian Odyssey, FF14, DQ Builders)
    but right now I also have a big eye out for whatever ConcernedApe and Tobyfox are gonna create.
    Stardew Valley and Starbound were amazing, and Undertale too, whew

5. TacoBell_Lord

TacoBell_Lord Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    NIS, Atlus, Obsidian, SquareEnix, Vanillaware, Bamco

6. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Square Enix, Nihon Falcom, Atlus, Tri-Ace, Bamco, Naughty Dog, From Software, Capcom

Yeah, Im mostly a JRPG fan for life. xD

Cloud69225 and Finnuval like this.
  7. ShinNessTen

ShinNessTen Valedictorian of Wonderland Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Honestly Jun'ya Ota, or ZUN, the creator of Touhou, is my all time favorite because he is chill about everything and let's his fans go wild with his projects. The result is this nice balanced atmosphere of passion, creation and fandom. Not to mention he even supports fan games and let's them be published by another team of devs, who are fans of his projects. Super friendly guy and the kinda guy you'd want to have a beer with... because he has an obsession with it. lol
    (Not to mention his composition skills are of the charts and always a great listen)

8. Vox Novus

Vox Novus Knight of Whispers Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I would have said Square Enix some number of years ago but I've grown discontent with them; its not even just the feeling of Final fantasy not feeling quite like what it was for me anymore (I even enjoyed XV relatively speaking), they've been doing a lot of cruddy business practices lately (Eidos has been doing well though in my opinion; I love what they've done with Tomb raider).

Over-all I think I've gotten further away from my former comfort zone for developers and started noticing the appeal of other companies like CD Projekt Red (as an example).

Finnuval and consolcwby like this.
  9. 10salt

10salt Villager Member

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Square Enix, Atlus, Level-5, Bethesda
    Most of my favorite games are by them and I still replayed the finished ones again and again

10. PitjePitjePitje

PitjePitjePitje Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Not English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Mine is more of a favourite publisher than a developer, but I find I rarely go wrong with devolver digital games.

11. snow91

snow91 Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Bethesda Game Studios..!! :D
    I mainly getting to knew them over Skyrim.
    Never have seen a game with so much love and details. The whole world is covered into one story!
    I hope they are going to make a sequal!

12. onipunk

onipunk Archmage of Procrastination Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Chucklefish are fast becoming one of the companies I keep an eye on regularly, both as a publisher and developer. Wargroove looks like everything I want as a fan of SRPGs, Spellbound looks like a great idea and I love how they keep pixel art alive by treating it seriously as its own art form rather than as something an indie dev does for budget reasons. The most recent game they've announced a publishing deal for, InMost, looks absolutely gorgeous and any fan of pixel art and horror games should check out the trailer. As for big AAA companies, I'm less interested in them as time goes on but I can usually rely on smaller devs and publishers like Falcom and Devolver to always put out something interesting.

13. VisitorsFromDreams

VisitorsFromDreams Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    THQNordic has been doing some really great re-release work and im really excited about Darksiders 3. Super consumer friendly company, easily my favourite publisher.

Fromsoft are probably my current favourite developer.