What is your favorite Trading Card Game?

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey folks! I'm wondering what everyone's favorite Trading Card Game is, or if you even like this type of genre!
I've played countless TCGS: Magic, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Vanguard, etc.

But my favorite has to be...

imgres.jpg

I like the fact that I can play it at anytime, anywhere, compared to physical TCG's where I need friends who play, or need to drive to card shops.
If anyone is interested in adding me as a friend, my battletag is BobSaget#1708

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Heh, I must be the only Purist left...

I've played 1 game of Pokemon TCG, but otherwise, I just play MTG.

MMMMM....Magic the Gathering is the best.

Goldschuss

A.K.A. Lye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's Infinity Wars, even though it has an awesome battle system, it doesn't have many players.

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I play magic the gathering, but only on a amatuer level. I have also tried Yu-Gi-Oh but didn´t really find it all that great.

Lantiz

JonesKiddo / Biterkid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Other
Used to play MTG too, but I can't even remember the last time, it was shadowmoor I guess.

Yappy Monoxide

The Yappiest Yap Yapp you will ever Yap
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Pokemon For life. And I do like Cards Against Humanity.

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Holy Cow, Lantiz! Shadowmoor was a long time ago. :p Thats about the time I got back into the game for a 3rd time.

Hold on to your Shadowmoor cards, that whole block is going through the roof $$$.

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I was a huge fan of Yugioh, Idk I really loved that game. I think the monster designs coupled with the show really make you a fan of certain cards and it made it something I could connect with a lot. Over time the game has changed a lot and coupled with the fact that I can't just afford to throw money around on random booster packs and buying expensive cards online to build the right deck I gave up the game; not to mention nobody I knew played it anymore and the only nearby card shop I know of is magic the gathering focused left me with not much choice. I never did get to compete in an actual tournament which is something I always wanted to do.

So I came to the conclusion that If I wanted to continue enjoying card battling games I either had to go with a digital tcg or move on to an Expandable Card Game. I settled on an expandable card game in Ashes Rise of The Phoenix born. Who knows though If I ever have a decent chunk of spare money again maybe I can re-ignite my love of Yugioh as for the time being it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Lantiz

JonesKiddo / Biterkid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Other
Holy Cow, Lantiz! Shadowmoor was a long time ago. :p Thats about the time I got back into the game for a 3rd time.

Hold on to your Shadowmoor cards, that whole block is going through the roof $$$.
Don't see how to quote your nickname o_O

Anyway yeah... it was one of my returns also.

Still got my decks mostly extended, only one was t2 which was a black rogue one -> cheap and deadly :D

BoredSoul

Probably Drunk
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
People are talking about this..."Cards Against Humanity" game.I like "Cards For Humanity."So much fun to play with friends and makes me laugh everytime!

http://cfh.io/

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And I do like Cards Against Humanity.
Don't even get started with that game. 

Anyway... Nostalgia is eating away at me. Ahhh, Bakugan, how I miss you!  ;_;  I loved that game so much. The Bakugan figures were so cool!!! 

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
MtG for paper, even though i stopped playing tournaments a few years ago (mainly playing Legacy). For digital i'm switching between HS and Duelyst, because MtG Online is too costly if i want to rebuild my decks and all other MtG games are too limited (like limiting the number of rares etc...).

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ahhh, Bakugan, how I miss you!  ;_;  I loved that game so much. The Bakugan figures were so cool!!! 
I just picked up a ton of these for $.10 each from a garage sale. My son has a blast with them.

And I can't help myself, but I call them "BarackObamaGans!"

I really wish I could play more MTG, but I live in the backwoods right now. Terrible place to be, but at least I have some phone tether wi-fi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yappy Monoxide

The Yappiest Yap Yapp you will ever Yap
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yo, fight me! You don't even know who I am, so how would you know my innocence level?
Sorry didn't mean to trigger you.

I know, I just can't play it because I don't understand half of the things on the cards. 0:p (close enough)
Finally you gave an actual reason. I guess we're done with this dispute.

consolcwby

(2015: afk...) 2018: BAK! :P
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Getting back to the OP's topic, ahem, this is what I'm hooked on currently (the expansions! EXPANSIONS!!)

Star Realms

It was made by M:TG players, so... even though it's not a TRADING CARD GAME per se... I felt it was relevant to the topic. (okay, i'll shut up now..)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What are your experience on trying to boost a MV project on an Android 7+ phone to a constant 60 fps? It's very hard for me(mine is 720x1440 px with Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53 and Adreno 506), especially with an ATB system plugin. The best minimum I can get is 30+ fps :)
MZ Spoiler Thread: Blah, blah, blah, blah...
Me: :kaoslp:
Mog: Star Ocean Battle system!
Me:
:MV1:
Hosting a private game jam...might have smthng to post soon if I can fix these dang parallaxes.
Oof it's been a while...well I'm back to stay!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baochau