What is your favorite Trading Card Game?

trouble time

Victorious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
MY favorite trading card game would probably be Weiss Schwarz. I used to like force of will but I didn't really like that the games main mechanic (rulers) didn't really matter since one was so dominant. I also tried to play magic but then I realized that the community was pretty horrible.

Pierman Walter

Chunk Monster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Munchkins. It's an extremely bare-bones tabletop dungeon crawler where the only way to win is to cheat and backstab your fellow players as much as possible. The greatest thing about it is that all the Science Fiction, Call of Cthulhu, Christmas, etc. expansion packs can all be used in one game.

consolcwby

(2015: afk...) 2018: BAK! :P
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pierman Walter Steve Jackson Games... ugh. But, isn't Munchkin more of a LCG (Living Card Game) than a CCG (Collectable Card Game)? As I understand it, each expansion can pretty much be played by itself or integrated?

Pierman Walter

Chunk Monster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@consolcwby Yeah. You can play a normal game with the baseline cards, or you could play zombie hipster Adventure Time if you were so inclined.

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I played a lot of tcg/ccg's over the years. though I hadn't played tourney level YGO since 2004 (all my decks were stolen and it got too expensive to replace so I quit), my personal faves were highlander, xaiolin showdown and cardcaptor sakura. I still have a soft spot for MTG (also quit when all my decks were stolen).

I don't play ccg's anymore because it's so expensive... but I don't mind playing on pc or mobile.

my fav pc card games were astral tournament and culdecept.

TheGamedawg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I still play Yu-Gi-Oh.  That game has actually gotten a lot more competitive over the last few years.

SinSilver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yu-Gi-Oh was probably the only trading card game I could get into. The game was easy to understand and a blast to play. 

Areeis

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm still playing Yugioh. ^^

I tried getting into Vanguard as well but that didn't last.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I played a lot of Legend of the Five Rings (Dragon, Scorpion, Lion). Stopped couple a years ago because I spent too much and there was a lack of players. Now waiting Gencon Indy 2017 to see what FFG will do of it as an LCG.

Computer wise, I'm pretty deep into Steam Magic Duels right now. If someone looks for a buddy to play, test decks or try 2hg, pm me, we could play.  I'm an average player (never went above rank 10 :( ) and I'm on European tinezone.

waynee95

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I played Yugioh competitive since last year and then started with Force of Will but I don't like how the game evolved, so I quit both.

Corfaisus

RTP Enthusiast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yu-Gi-Oh had a good style of play with simple rules, but I'd have to give the edge to Pokemon if only because that's where I got my start and it's what composed most of my childhood when I wasn't playing video games or watching cartoons.

RogdagoR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
I used to play MtG and FoW, but i quit both because they were getting too expansive for competitive...

Now mostly i play Tanto Cuore with friends, is not a proper TCG but is pretty nice :D

Amagner

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would definitely have to go with Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh but the classic Yugioh. Magic has been around for soooo long and to me it is one of the most cheap and well balanced games and no I am not talking about EDH (Legendary which means use any card from whatever series) I prefer standard cause everyone can be on the same level. I also like the story and artwork of Magic compared to many other card games. Yugioh was amazing back then it had a supporting anime, Tons of cards to buy at a cheap price i remember booster boxes being only 80$ and decks didnt require the top of the line cards in order to win. Now its a joke every 2 months scrap your deck and dish out 500$ to have a better deck again and again. I quit because it was tiring and I ran Lightsworns long time ago around the Gx era. Those cards were ex-pens-ive i mean people would buy them for 1500$ i got it through booster packs thank god but it was just crazy. Now I just play Magic and kaladesh and the future expansions look promising.

Last edited by a moderator:

barnzie8

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Computer wise, I'm pretty deep into Steam Magic Duels right now. If someone looks for a buddy to play, test decks or try 2hg, pm me, we could play.
I play Magic duels every now and then, abot average as well. Not sure our timezones would work out.

Any thoughts on the new Yugioh game released for steam, Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist  I have only seen the animes.

walkinthru

Final Boss?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yu-Gi-Oh and duel masters. I really really enjoyed duel masters and wish I could have continued following the anime, but it is Impossible to find it anywhere subbed. As for Yu-Gi-Oh, I like it so much that it's what my current rpg maker game project is about.

BWright

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
MTG got its hooks the deepest in me. Even deeper than Pokemon.

Karlski

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I played MTG, whereas only really collected the cards with Pokémon.. Still, they're both great!

Hearthstone's gotta be up there too, that's a lot of fun

mightYXu

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
For now Hearthstone is great to pop in and play against friends and do the dailies. But overall Pokemon TCG, it is the first tcg i played so there's lots of nostalgia and i love the digital version on the GBC.

shadefoundry

Is Sinistar
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've played all of the big three paper games at one point in my life or another, and still have at least one playable deck for each of Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon and MTG for whoever I might meet at my local game store. Of games I actually play regularly though it would have to be Hearthstone, and MTG, specifically EDH since among my friends it's agreed to be the most enjoyable format for us.

Kogemashita

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used to play yugioh a while back, was probably the best card game I've played

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

putting a puzzle in my game that BSODs the player's computer if they complete it
I finally got a book out the door after seven years of nothing \^-^/ Now if I can get a game out the door too, that'd be great...
MY GAME IS NOW OFFICIALLY RELEASED!!
*FurAffinity is down*
*Sets house on fire*
This is fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TookMyRole