SweetMeltyLove

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Gotta say the Skyrim main theme, I could never play the game without first staying in the title screen for a minute or two, with the volume all the way up! I'd do this in Legend of Grimrock (and sequel) too, really good intros that get you excited to play the game!

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Nieghborhood Stygian Zinogre
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
StarCraft: Terran 1
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of The Holy War: Uprising in Agustria, Doors of Destiny.
Fire Emblem: Awakening: Id purpose, Id serenity... Really just all version of Id
Pokemon (Gen 2 and remakes): Bike theme
Halo CE: Title Screen

Grantronic4

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Final Fantasy Tactics - Ovelia's Theme
Chrono Cross - Time's Scar
Persona 4 - Signs of Love
Legend of Legaia - Rim Elm
Final Fantasy VII - Main Theme
Uncharted 1-3 Main Theme
Socom II U.S. Navy Seals - Main Theme (played a bunch as a kid)

Alkemical

Transient Lion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMXP
No one has posted GOAT game soundtrack yet and I'm profoundly disappointed in you all.

Daisuke Ishiwatari is love. Daisuke Ishiwatari is life.

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Warning: multiple embeds.

9gramsofpersonality

Metaphysicist
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I, too, love the Morrowind title theme (and by extension, the Oblivion and Skyrim themes (ESO's theme doesn't have enough of *that melody* imo :\))

Dragon Age Origins' title screen song is dope :D
So is the Civ 4 (did you mean games in general or just RPGs?) theme song :D
(Also if we're not limited to RPGs, I'm strangely fond of the minigame theme in Plants vs Zombies: )

Now for something probably less mainstream: anything by Falcom :D I guess I'll reluctantly limit myself to 2 songs so this page doesn't go on forever :p

Hollow Light of the Sealed Land (Trails in the Sky):
Palace of Destruction (Ys I):
Aaaand that's just the non-spoilery stuff :p I was tempted to post some Undertale stuff, but I figured I'd better not XD

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k

For any fan of both Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, you need to listen to Radical Dreamer's OST. The game was for the Satellaview and was never localized, but it's basically Chrono Cross's OST using Trigger's SoundFont. It's godly.

If you couldn't tell, I like SNES-era music.

Tai_MT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pick a tune from Halo: Combat Evolved. They're all good. Yes, even that one. They're all fantastic. You have bad taste in music if you don't like them all :p Though, if I must pick one: "Rock Anthem For Saving The World".

Most tunes from Super Metroid are quite good... though I don't care for the Miridia Theme.

"Ballad of the Windfish" from Link's Awakening is fantastic. YouTube it. It's good. :D I hum it sometimes without thinking.

"Victory Road Theme" from Pokémon Red/Blue is still one of my favorites. Good luck finding just that one though. It's always mashed up with other music or gameplay. But, the song is delightfully ominous and upbeat at the same time.

Final Fantasy 6 Intro song. I think it's called "Omen". But, it's one of the best songs in that game. I also like the Opera song in that game too. Both stand out for me.

Chrono Trigger's opening song is fantastic. It's not the right one unless you've got the ticking clock with it. I also like each character's Theme Song, particularly Frog's. The rest of the music of the game is "okay" to me. I just like those ones.

Final Fantasy X. The only song worth talking about in that game is "Otherworld". It's my favorite song from that game. The only one I don't get tired of listening to.

Earthbound. Literally every song in the game. All the songs. Fantastic soundtrack. I love them all and they all bring me back to that game.

M4 Part II by Faunts. Anyone who's ever played Mass Effect knows this song. It is quite literally one of the best songs in the franchise. I love it and it always brings me back to memories of that game.

"Kill The Sound" from Dead Rising 2. I love that song and it always brings me back to that game with my friend.

The Original Super Mario Brothers Theme Song. You know the one. You really do. I always get a hit of nostalgia from that tune.

Tetris Songs. Particular for the Original Gameboy. There's that one song in particular... I think it's the Theme Song. You'll hum it all day long.

"Still Alive" from Portal 1. Always brings me back to Portal. For that matter...

"Want You Gone" from Portal 2. :D

"Re: Your Brains" always brings me back to Left4Dead2. My friends and I used to play the song while we played the Infected on the game. Oh, and if you click a Jukebox in the last level, it plays the song too. :D

"Glitter Girl Evil Side" by Morrison Poe, I believe. Even though Perfect Dark Zero was a crap game, that song was awesome and was basically what I expected from a Perfect Dark game... except none of the awesomeness of the song rubbed off on the game. Still, I jam out and think of Perfect Dark when I hear it.

"Ain't No Rest For The Wicked" by Cage The Elephant makes me nostalgic for Borderlands 1.

"Short Change Hero" by The Heavy makes me nostalgic for Borderlands 2.

Okay, there's a ton of music from video games that I just love and makes me want to play those games again. I'd be here all day if I listed them all.

mobiusclimber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The only video game music I ever listen to outside of playing a game is Silent Hill. Most every other soundtrack I put on mute when playing the game, and wouldn't listen out by itself.

D.ray

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
There's quite a lot of OST's I listen to. But for nostalgia purposes this is the first that came to mind.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not quite a fancy music, but this left so much memories on my early 2000's childhood

eat beans

A being of pure evil
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My favorites are
Boy Meets Girl (Earthbound)
Summers Theme (Earthbound)
Volcano! Inferno! (Mother 3)
Welcome! (Mother 3)
Panacea (Hyper Light Drifter)
The Last General (Hyper Light Drifter)
Desperately Safe (OFF)

I probably forgot about some that I really like, but these are the ones that came to my mind

Josie94

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Meaning of Birth from Tales of the Abyss
Central Factory from Xenoblade Chronicles
Mechanical Rhythm from Xenoblade Chronicles
Valak Mountain (Night time) from Xenoblade Chronicles
You Will Know Our Names from Xenoblade Chronicles
That Person's Name Is... from Bravely Default

consolcwby

(2015: afk...) 2018: BAK! :P
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've got one for every decade I've been alive! (Except the '70s. Pong: Bleep. Bloop. There, that's the 70s in a nutshell!) XD

The 1980s: Neuromancer, C-64 1988 - Devo's Some Things Never Change: The 1990s: DOOM, IBM and Compatibles 1994 - ID Software: The 2000s: Final Fantasy X, Playstation 2 - Square: The 201Xs: Until Dawn, Playstation 4 - Sony?:
What will the future bring? I can't wait! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ksi
Looking forward to messing around with MZ when it comes out in little over a week. Anyone else amped? What's the first thing you're gonna look at/try to do?
by now, I think most people know that I hate misanthropic bad guys, but I realize one more reason I hate them so much is because the motive is easy and takes no thought to come up with. It's actually more challenging to create a villain that doesn't have that motive.
SOC
If the VisuStella videos are using the MZ RTP tilesets... I'm really disappointed. MV's look so much better. I hope it's easy to convert MV tiles to MZ.
If this thing end to be good enough, I'll be pleased to release it there for free (looong to be completed...).
And back. Trying to work online with no internet for 1.5 days was...interesting. I felt like a character in a old Sierra game trying to find internet due to all the hoops I had to jump through just to get online for work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JibberJabber