What is your interpretation of a Myrmidon?

FirestormNeos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I think of the word "Myrmidon" my mind always immediately jumps to this specific mob from World of Warcraft. And when I think that mob (as well as any that share that mob's species model), I always imagine them using axes instead of either swords or spears.

idk, my mind is weird like that.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I think of the word "Myrmidon" my mind always immediately jumps to this specific mob from World of Warcraft. And when I think that mob (as well as any that share that mob's species model), I always imagine them using axes instead of either swords or spears.

idk, my mind is weird like that.
Not weird at all! I actually think of this mob from WoW when I think of "Myrmidon" lol.

KawaiiKid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's burned into my head from a game in the early 2000's that they are shield and spear users that you only find in the desert. So regardless of the actual definition, that's what pops into my head lol

AphoticAmaranth

An Ordinary Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The first thing that comes to mind for me would be the myrmidons/swordmasters from fire emblem.

But as much as I like fire emblem, I gotta say their english translations aren't always the best, with things often getting lost in translation or changed for the english versions. I wouldn't suggest copying their terminology.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Never play a random encounter RPG on the toilet. Just don't. Especially not one with save points instead of menu saving.
spent the entire day working on problems I was having in battle. enemy's tagging in and out was one of them.
Check out the Driftwood gamejam submissions, there's some pretty good projects in there.
Define purpose in your own words.
And assuming it doesn't contradict your definition: if someone takes your purpose away, can you get a new one?
At last, my fourth set of random sprites is finished! :kaojoy:
NebhyCL.jpg

Have fun recognizing characters!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KILLATAHH