What is your most anticipated game coming out this year?

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It is now 2016 and I was curious what games you are looking forward to this year.

For me it is For Honor.

Game preview:

...and Persona 5:

What are you waiting for?

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
I expect RPG Maker users to say Final Fantasy XV, Nier 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, of course, as I already can see "Persona 5". I personally would love to play all these RPG games.

But to me, the game I'm waiting the most is, without doubt, UFC 2.

I loved UFC Undisputed 3, I love Ronda Rousey, and I'm MMA fan.

I can't wait to play this game.

This game is also the reason why I'm buying PS4 in few months =)

TheSourceCode

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
There's only really 2 games that I'm hyped for, and one of them being an anime game. =3

The one I'm most hyped for this year, (which isn't very far away) would no doubt be Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja STORM 4. =D

C.W. Plainview

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Assuming it releases in the 2016 part of its current vague "late 2016/early 2017" release window, then Elex from Piranha Bytes.

If not, then probably the new Zelda game.

StrawberrySmiles

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithfulness.

Maybe Megadimension Neptunia VII if it goes on PC. And maybe FFXIV because of my favorite voice actor, Gideon Emery. Don't judge me. :p

Shiroi Akuma

Shut up and take my Monet    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Disgaea for PC, I hope the voice language is changeable. ^^

Didn't know that Dragons Dogma comes out for PC, if I would buy it I would already bought it a third time :D

Reavenator

Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Assuming it releases in the 2016 part of its current vague "late 2016/early 2017" release window, then Elex from Piranha Bytes.
It's early 2017 according to steam.

I'l just put in my anticipated games for 2017, along with Cyberpunk 2077.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Final Fantasy XV, Dishonored 2, Street Fighter V, For Honor, Hitman 6, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Fable Legends.

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Persona 5, obviously.

Euphony

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not new games by any means, but the Steam releases of Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen and Tales of Symphonia. Played them both several times over, but they're awesome games and I look forward to playing them on PC for the first time.

Also Fire Emblem Fates! I so wanna get the special edition with all three versions on one cartridge.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Persona 5, Nier 2.

And I know that it is entirely not what you are talking about, but you didn't specify VIDEO games, so Millennium Blades.

hiromu656

Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Dark Souls 3, Persona 5, Nier 2 and Zero Escape 3. 

This is the first I'm seeing For Honor gameplay that wasn't "on stage" and I'm much more interested in that now.

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I'm hoping for Camelot Unchained or Overwatch. I kinda quit GW2 after the expansion, so i'm looking for a new game to play with my guild ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Zortik

The Architect
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
These ones for sure.

• Dragon Warrior 7 - 3DS
  • Dragon Warrior 8 - 3DS
  • Final Fantasy Explorers - 3DS
  • Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - PS4
  • Fire Emblem Fates - 3DS
  • Dark souls 3 - PS4

These ones -might- come out in 2016.

• Nier Automata - PS4
  • Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithfulness - PS4
  • The legend of Zelda - WiiU/NX
  • Bravely Second: End Layer - 3DS
  • Persona 5
  • Final Fantasy XV

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Euphony - I really, really hope the Fire Emblem special 3-in-1 version has enough for those that want it (Amiibo shortages says otherwise though).

Dark Souls 3, Persona 5, Nier 2 and Zero Escape 3. 

This is the first I'm seeing For Honor gameplay that wasn't "on stage" and I'm much more interested in that now.
There is a lot of footage for For Honor out there

Here is one where lots of stuff about the system is explained (although still pre-alpha so changes will happen and most players are playing this demo for the first time):

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
These ones -might- come out in 2016.

• Bravely Second: End Layer - 3DS
This is an odd one. So far Europe and Australia are set with a let February release date for this game, but we don't even have a quarter set for America.

Don't get me wrong, I feel bad when Europe has to wait an insanely long time for other JRPGs like Etrian Odyssey, but what exactly causes a game to come out months later in America than Europe? Do we not speak the same languages? Ah well, I'm pretty certain we'll still get Bravely Second in the US this year though.

@Euphony - I really, really hope the Fire Emblem special 3-in-1 version has enough for those that want it (Amiibo shortages says otherwise though).
I'll be pretty angry if the Special Edition is just a blank cartridge that just gives you free access to download the games, I'm out of space on my memory card... and I'm too lazy to change memory cards AND a cartridge whenever I want to play a different game. Yeah, so terrible, I know.

There is a lot of footage for For Honor out there

Here is one where lots of stuff about the system is explained (although still pre-alpha so changes will happen and most players are playing this demo for the first time):
Damn, I hadn't seen that game since E3, but I can see it definitely improved since then. As long as no one pulls a 'Watchdogs' or 'Sonic 06' or even a 'Star Wars Battlefront' on this, I see this game becoming pretty popular... sadly it

Yato

(aka Racheal)
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'm really looking forward to Uncharted 4, even though I keep forgetting it's a thing until something reminds me. It's still set for a March release as far as I remember? Other than that, I'm so out of touch with the game industry most of the time, I don't have a clue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Fekken kill me. I unknowingly swapped out two important events's codes and saved the game to test it. I'm just doing this for fun and the fun has now been replaced with excruciating torture.
Is this how game developers feel all the time?

EDIT:
WAIT HOLY S***
MY LAST POST ASKING FOR HELP ON AN EVENT ACTUALLY SAVED IT
OH MY GOD
Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
I was making a cutscene where Hero's dad got killed by the dragon but when he lose its say game over and send you to the tittle screen. How can remove game over for that cutscene
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Please watch out for your hands when handling chests! XD Did this a few days ago, it was fun to animate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xbooster