What is your most anticipated game coming out this year?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by AwesomeCool, Jan 1, 2016.

1. NeoFantasy

NeoFantasy Building Worlds Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Fire Emblem If/Fates, although NOA will probably butcher much of the game's charm thanks to "censorship" I'm still very excited for it's english release...other than that 2016 looks to be a rather slow year for me.

2. .Metrobot

.Metrobot Coffee is my spirit animal. Member

New mirrors edge in 2016, whoop whoop!
    ... and I'm probably going to be really disappointed with it.

3. Square_art

Square_art Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    [SIZE=10.5pt]Is that the one who voiced FFXII [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] Balthier?) My second favourite male character from all FF games (the 1st one is Auron). Great voice acting for both of them. Balthier, in addition, has lots of hilarious old fashioned English quotes =)  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"Keep your snout in the trough where it belongs. This thinking ill befits you, Ba'Gamnan"  )))[/SIZE]

I'm waiting for this one too. It's not only a great fighting game, but also great jrpg. Plus, I will be able to know the story after last game (shame, don't have time to watch anime =) )

4. Euphony

Euphony Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Ok, wait. Legit question here. Is the West known for "censoring" (I don't know why we're using quotes) the Fire Emblem games? Because the last one included some pedotastic pairings, cousins getting hot for each other, villains with dark skin, derivative European accents, a fat evil guy who looks like a transvestite, inter-species mating, a woman abusing and torturing her child for comic relief, and a fortune teller that encouraged anyone regardless of age and gender to get their sexxin' on, and a whole slew of other things people these days could complain about, yet it was very well received and still has a huge following.

Also, so I don't totally derail the thread here: I'm also kind of keeping an eye on Dragon Quest VII and VIII for 3DS. I've never played a DQ game before, but they look pretty fun and my poor 3DS hasn't seen any action in a long time, especially action of the RPG variety.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016
  5. NeoFantasy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Euphony: I put quotations becuase the things they censor are usally ludicrous, they didn't censor the fact that Lucina and Owain can have a sexual relationship but changed the word lovable to dastard. Its not so much the fact that the game is getting censored but what is getting censored and to what extent. In if certain things need to be changed like the fact that you can marry your siblings and have children with them or call people to your tent and rub their faces while having them say things that can easily be taken out of context. I have no problem with that being censored for different cultures but Noa Censors things that don't need to be censored at all while leaving things that should be censored in.(Lucina x Owain, lower difficulty in older games, unnecessary word censor ship etc)

6. AwesomeCool

AwesomeCool Bratty and spoiled little sister Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @NeoFantasy - I seriously hate NoA stance on censorship.

Do they seriously think Americans are too dumb for games?  I cannot even believe that they tune a games difficulty down at all and only for western audiences.

Plus the stuff they do censor tend to hurt the story of the game and sometimes makes it even more inappropriate.

I personally don't agree with any type of censorship too honestly.  Censorship is the enemy of free speech and people for censorship of something always tend to follow the whole "give an inch, take a mile" saying way to well.

Back on topic: I am looking forward to Naruto Storm 4 to, I only keep up with Naruto through the games :p (the animation is better then the show and has a lot less filler).

NeoFantasy likes this.
  7. littleyuri

littleyuri Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Final Fantasy XV *drools* I've been waiting for this game since I was a freshman in high school.

Nier Automata (hoping it'll come in 2016)

If mmo's are included then I'll go for Tree of Savior and Black Desert.

8. AwesomeCool

AwesomeCool Bratty and spoiled little sister Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I really hope this come out this year.

The epic soundtrack is enough reason as is.

9. amaSenpai

amaSenpai LP: amaSenpai Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Aside from bravely the second, (and I'm absolutely serious here) I'm psyched for pokemon GO!

10. NeoFantasy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I really hope that it doesn't go pay to win. Pokemon GO looks like the closest thing we'll get to real life Pokemon (for now) and I don't want to see it ruined.

11. amaSenpai

amaSenpai LP: amaSenpai Veteran

First Language:
    English
    As long as pay to win gives you extra things and not a baseline, I don't mind as much. I hate when ANYTHING nice is only available for real money.

I have so many ideas for GO that I'm sure it's too much hype. The one thing I hope for is to use the phone camera to spot pokemon. The DS had a game called faceraiders that did this, overlaying the game in real time.

YouTube has had commercials that you can spin the phone around to look at things too -- so they should be able to put a pidgey sitting on a low rooftop or something.

Shoot, I babbled.

12. Venthros

Venthros Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm really looking forward to Dishonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, and Horizon: Zero Dawn (assuming it actually comes out this year).

I really don't think we'll see Zelda this year...but if it does come out this year, I will have it.

13. jpitts

jpitts Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Persona 5,  the Odin Sphere remake, and Dragon Quest VIII's 3DS port. Also, Charles Barkley's Shut Up and Jam Gaiden 2... Well, I hope so, at least.

14. FlareBlitzed

FlareBlitzed Interdimensional Traveller Member

First Language:
    English
    RPG Maker Related: Melting Moon Ecilpse, Midnight Rendezvous, Aria's Story, Pitch Black and The Hanged Man?

Non-RPG Maker Related: Toukiden 2...I'm not up to date on upcoming games. ^_^

15. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I'm kind of out the loop concerning actual AAA games ^^;

But I'm looking forward to these: Finding Paradise, The Dragons Among Us, any of Dalph's games.

(I know I'm a bit cheating since not all of the above are confirmed for this year, but a girl can hope right :D )

16. Mage Heart

Mage Heart Level 50 Bard Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Digimon Cyber Sleuth, Megadimension Neptunia VII, and Street Fighter 5.

All of these games I have preordered.

17. Seacliff

Seacliff RPG Maker Mastermind Veteran

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    It does, a lot. It's more than just visuals though, it's mostly with the portrayal of the characters and how they are written.

Example 1: Eliwood and Marth are actually quite different characters in Japan, being much more incompetent, but grow over time. However, during localization, the translators thought the west wouldn't accept those characters as heroes and made them much more 'traditional' heroes. In short, Eliwood would be closer to Ricken in awakening than Chrom.

Example 2: Inigo from awakening was actually very bashful and was terrible at attracting women, but again, they thought the west wouldn't like that. Even if you don't understand Japanese, you can somewhat make this out by switching the voice acting language.

Example 3: Heather from Radiant Dawn was a lesbian.

Example 4: Henry from awakening was pretty much completely rewritten from scratch. In Japan, he was neglected by his parents, raised by a wolf, killed his entire village after the wolf was killed, sent to an orphanage after that where he was tortured and broken. No Magic School, no puns, and his laugh is much less light hearted.

That's Hardly scratching the surface, but in short, we never had a fully authentic Fire Emblem Translation. Some were a bit closer than others, but something tends to be changed or completely removed. There's been many complaints with Nintendo's censorship for the past few years, so I'm curious if they'll listen just for once to not censor a game series targeted to an older audience than their other franchises.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016
  18. freezingfeathers

freezingfeathers Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Persona 5!! I've waited that long for it~

I just love Persona 3 and Persona 4!

The trailer of P5 looks good. ^^ Thief themed xD

:D

19. DamianFatale

DamianFatale Chocobo Knight Member

First Language:
    English
    1. Final Fantasy XV. I bought Type 0 just for the episode Duscae demo, and honestly it exceeded my expectations. I must have the full game.

2. King Hearts 2.8 I LOVEEEEE Dream Drop, so the fact that a remake for the ps4 is coming.. just yes. I'm excited to beat it again.

3. Fire Emblem Fates. It's music, its battle, the Japanese style units in Birthright, the massive amount of gameplay between the three versions, and the inclusion of same sex marraige just makes me wanna play this game right now. Come on February! 

4. Stardew Valley. I love the Harvest Moon series, but its future is really rocky.. I'm glad to see someone trying to keep the genre alive, and well. It's everything I've ever wanted.

5. Final Fantasy World because its made by the same director as VI which is my favorite game in the series. 

6. Pokemon Go, and hopefully Z if that comes out this year. 

AwesomeCool likes this.
  20. SwarleyPilgrim

SwarleyPilgrim Internet Billionaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Not sure if it'll be released in 2016 or not, but I'm following Yooka Laylee like a hawk! Our gaming world needs a good platformer to pump up the genre again!
    Star Fox is also another one I'm looking forward too, as well as the new Zelda.
    Pokemon Go for sure, to see if it actually matches up to what we all think it will be.

Fire Emblem Fates could be good! I'm a new fan to the series, so who knows.
    Ni No Kuni 2 is also a big hitter for me. FIngers crossed that it's great! (might be 2017, can't remember)

AwesomeCool likes this.