l8rose

Neeeeerd
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So New Years is just around the corner and it's a time of new beginnings.

I've decided I'm going to practice drawing more. I really let my usual practice fall by the wayside over the last year so I've set myself a goal to do a sketch everyday for the next year starting with 31 in January (fun stuff!).

Is there something that you're setting for yourself in the New Year? Something new to try, practicing something?

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I'm going to move this to General Lounge, since not all resolutions may be game dev-related.

l8rose

Neeeeerd
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry about that! I totally thought I'd posted in the General area.

FluffexStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My new year resolution is to finish a second game project, release it on steam and continue support for Stitched.

Lornsteyn

Sleepy Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
1. I want to train more, I think Im to weak, thats not acceptable, also its probably a good way to overcome my lazyness.
2. Finally finishing an Rpg Maker Project.
3. Save money, not waste it.

Ryisunique

Detective, AUEI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Finish something. Anything. Even if it's either the one room challenge or a short fic.

samkfj

Bug Powder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Going to create demo 2.0 of my game with all the graphical, story and dialogue changes.

In addition, going to learn a new skill. Not sure what, but I do that every year. Might try my hand at braiding hair so I can braid my girl's hair or in case we ever have a baby girl.

Or--maybe knife throwing.

Philosophus Vagus

The drunken bird dog of rpg maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Buy a new house, find a new job. Ideally those two should be done by the start of February, we'll see. As for longer term, I'd really like to break into graphic art more, I can frankensprite some things together that I need but my game project really suffers from a lack of resources for what I want to do and frankening others' work together just isn't cutting it anymore.

@samkfj start out with tomahawks; same principle concepts to master with 1/4 of the effort required. Knives are just damn hard to judge the distance/force right on, to many rotations with such little distance whereas tomahawks are more like 5yards=1rotation, much easier to judge, especially at the beginning.

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I got a new graphic design job so i start that Monday. With that i can save stacks and pay off debts so i can work on goal 2: to finish my Japanese classes and take that art teaching job.

I need to tighten up on my language skills as the college calls me every year with an opening and i kept letting it slide worrying about my family. Now i dont have time for their foolishness and want to be happy. And if they dont like it well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Those negative clowns can suck eggs, kick rocks and step on legos.

synchronicity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I generally try to avoid New Year's Resolutions after years of failing at them, but this year I decided to give it another go. Without going into a lot of detail, I've noticed a return of my creativity (which has been blocked for me for years) in the last few months because of finally getting better at dealing with difficult situations and conflict resolution and not getting overwhelmed by stress but instead working on solutions to help ease that stress. So mostly, I'd like to just keep that trend going, write more, read more, take more time for myself. I'd like to finish a project of some kind, something that's for me. And for just general IRL stuff, I'd like to advocate for myself a little more, since I'm really bad at that and have a tendency to be more of a people pleaser than someone who does things just for myself.

synchronicity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Failure can be an opportunity to learn and improve. Avoiding things just because you might fail will severely limit you.
Definitely! That's why I said I was trying something different this year ;) It was time to try again (probably overdue, really). I do think that there can be a time and a place for avoiding things due to failure, but I think that avoidance should always be temporary - it's a time to try something different, to get some successes under your belt to rebuild the confidence to try again at something you've failed. That's kind of where I feel I'm at now, I was just too mentally worn down before to handle it, so it's nice to have that energy and motivation back because that's what the new year and new year's resolutions are supposed to be about and are supposed to bring people. But what you said about learning from failures, that's definitely more of the positive energy I want to keep bringing into the new year :) It's something that I started getting better at in 2018 and once you're able to start seeing the positives in a situation, they stop feeling so life or death overwhelming to you.

RishigangiX

Professional Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions simply because if I feel that I need to change or improve something, I should start on the very same day, instead of waiting for a new year to make a fresh start. My only New Year's Resolution is to not stop doing that.

gomes766

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
VNM
Improve my German to the point I can at least talk to my coworkers without them having to switch to english

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Improve my German to the point I can at least talk to my coworkers without them having to switch to english
Du kannst es schaffen! ≧∇≦

joombo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm gonna run a marathon in 360 days from today. Right now I can run 3 miles. Wish me luck lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

40 card deck size, the plugin seems more sluggish.
Village theme I composed for a commission!
Stream will be live shortly with some Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
welp, the stock market went down by 7% because of corona today. Time to buy stocks?
Man, being able to edit my game WHILE testplaying it is like the most convenient thing EVER. Thank you, MV...it even makes up for the OGG thing. Well, almost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Livmi