What is your SECOND favorite RPG Maker for game design?

What is your SECOND favorite RPG Maker for project creation. (If you are only using one, what would

• RPG Maker MV

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RPG Maker VX Ace

• RPG Maker VX (NOT Ace)

• RPG Maker XP

• RPG Maker 2003

• RPG Maker 2000

• Total voters

byronclaude

Master of all things... (except the things I am no
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What would be your SECOND favorite RPG Maker engine of those listed, and why?  Why not your first, and what about it still makes it good enough for second?

Perr_

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RPG VX ACE. I love its graphic style. However, it does not support mobile phones so I prefer RPG Maker MV more.

Nemo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
N/A
I was started RPG MAKER series by VX ACE, and now I'm using MV.

My favorite thing is MV, and second answer is VX ACE.

It has simple and clear UI, proper pixel size, yes.

But VX ACE can't on mobile OS, so I put on this on second place.

Katsudoom

Noodle Head
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Unknown
Primarily Uses
RPG Maker Mv, 'cause I can port games in android and more convenient.

CallMeKerrigan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Second favorite is MV because I learned how to use the program on Ace and I don't know how to use JavaScript. Also am not a big fan of the bigger tile dimensions/sprites. It's much easier and quicker to Sprite or make things for Ace for me. Although I plan for my next project to be done in MV. But it will be a very small game.

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have them all but like VXA and MV. I don't have a favorite, as I'm using them commercially. They're both still pains at the end of the day when I'm stuck on a piece of code and can't figure why it's not working (usually a typo. always a damn typo, ugh)

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
MV would be my second favourite because there is a SV battler generator in the engine and you can play it on different platforms. However, the RTP bugs me because for some reason, the faces always look cross-eyed. The sprites are decent, though I think I prefer the Ace ones. Also, Ruby is an easier language than Java in my opinion. I look at Java and my head spins. I've just started learning Ruby, but using MV I'm basically back where I started, making horrible games again. And to make matters worse, I'll have to start my game all over again!!!  :o  So that is why it isn't my absolute favourite, only my second. 

Amarysse

Ubiquitous Gimmick
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Love everything each iteration of RPG Maker has brought to the table, and am really enjoying my time with MV.

I'll always have a soft spot for the simplicity of 2000, though. It's what got me into RPG Maker in the first place, so I'll always regard it extremely fondly. It's a pity it and its games don't seem to run brilliantly on my current system for some reason, when MV is smooth as butter.

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
RPGmaker XP, if only because it is the only one I ever finished a game with. I do find the assets, expecially the battlers a lot better than those in RPGmaker VX.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Guys I just want to sit around and work on my game! *gets lots and lots of money shoveled at him* Game, I don't recall a game. What game? :LZSexcite:
Seems like people have stopped looking both ways before crossing the road nowadays. Blindly walking out into a into a road only ends in disaster.
Just finished planning out the skeleton of the main quest line of my new game. I'm so excited for it!
Integrating Jason Perry's japan tile set while listening to Murray Atkinson's Heaven and Earth background music.
I forgot I had an account on rpgmakercentral lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yellowsonicboom64