What is your weakness in games?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by RiceMaster, Dec 1, 2015.

1. bustedradio

bustedradio sports anime trash Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Precision platforming. I always get so frustrated when I have to time the jump just right or making tricky jumps, only to fall back down to a lower level. I really hate having to waste time like that. 

Other than that, I'm pretty awful with puzzles, like the kinds in Professor Layton, and slide puzzles. Everytime I see a slide puzzle, even if it's super easy, I just fall apart.

2. C.W. Plainview

C.W. Plainview Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Multi-tasking. I.E. every RTS in existence. I'm terrible at multi-tasking in general, and it proves quite stressful for me too, so it makes games with realtime multi-tasking not very fun for me. If it's turn-based, it's not so bad, since I can take as much time as I need to evaluate the situation and come up with a gameplan. I actually quite enjoy turn-based games with a lot of potential multi-tasking, like chess, but when it's made real-time, all the fun goes out the window for me and is replaced by stress.

3. Ratty524

Ratty524 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I have trouble with thinking during RTS matches.

I also have difficulty finding the patience to read through long strings of text, especially during tutorials.

I'm also weak to bad games.

4. Astel

Astel The (grey) knight with that funny look Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hard games... i always play at the easiest difficulty :(

5. SPP

SPP Veteran Veteran

Puzzles, like in Skyrim, what does an engraving of a bear and a butterfly tell me about opening an ancient lock!? It doesn't, you're supposed to read a book item for the answer.

Seriously hack and slash and puzzles do not mix! (at least for me, cuz you're not supposed to think when playing a game of killing AI, then again I might or might not have massacred a whole village). ;-;

...but hey, free stuff. BD

6. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I hope you don't do that when driving in real life! XD

7. Marsigne

Marsigne Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Weird, people's general weaknesses (specifically driving and stealth) are actually my forte. It is as weird as that move routes are hard (read: tedious) for people generally but for me (if we're talking strictly about move routes), it's actually my forte. :unsure:

Except for puzzles. I agree with you guys with that; hard puzzles gets very hard and tedious D:<

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2015
    Susan likes this.
  8. Niten Ichi Ryu

Niten Ichi Ryu Grey Lords Emissary Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My baby. Every time I want to play, she wakes up and my wife can be pissed off if I intend to play while she looks after her...

Otherwise, aiming in shooters, and coordination in RTS.

Also combo input timing in fighting games.

Lars Ulrika and Alexander Amnell like this.
  9. Marsigne

Marsigne Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    After thinking about it, my weakness would be: anything that heavily involves imagination. Hard puzzles, easter eggs (without tutorial), end-game strategy (depends), etcetera. It is ironic, because I'm on RPGMakerWeb :guffaw:

Susan likes this.
  10. Prizm Daystar

Prizm Daystar Social Butt Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Stealth is one of my weak spots.  Only one of them, and even then, only on games that are supremely reliant on it.  Zelda games usually aren't nuts-hard stealth work, otherwise you'd never get very far.

Among my other weaknesses at games are the following:

Player competition.  The erratic behavior of other players is a curveball that I am absolutely terrible at being able to handle.  I am not a PvP player in any game, especially not FPS or RTS games.  Racing I'm not too bad at, though, unless some moron in front is swerving into everything in sight just to keep someone else from getting ahead.  I'm looking at you, Need for Speed: World players...you all suck at it.

--Extension:  RTS titles.  I have really poor actions per minute.  Being a slow builder is not good for player competition to begin with.  So, while I adored Starcraft for the story, I hated playing against the AI in the original outside of the campaign, and equally hated playing against players in Starcraft 2.  Everyone was better than me there.  And, unfortunately, no matter how much I tried to "get faster", I still couldn't keep up.

Hyper-aggression.  This kind of stems from being extremely bad at PvP.  I've been raised thinking that I should be the best at everything.  By now, I am aware that I'm not.  I know I'm aware that I'm not.  And I still to this day absolutely hate that I'm not better than anyone, but worse than everyone.  Potentially at everything.

--Anyway, said hyper-aggression is most noticeable in fighting games, ranging from Street Fighter to Smash Bros.  I'm constantly rushing to kill, and usually never block or grab.

Patience:  Crafting.  OH GOD, CRAFTING IN ANY GAME.  I'm one of those kinds that likes to be an uber completionist, but can't.  The time it takes to get into crafting?  That's one of those reasons...

==========

On the flip end, where I'm strongest is puzzles.  I love the Wild Arms series.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
    LaFlibuste likes this.
  11. FlareBlitzed

FlareBlitzed Interdimensional Traveller Member

First Language:
    English
    Incredibly complicated puzzles with no hints or hints that are drastically vague.

12. IceMan PJN

IceMan PJN Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm a motorsport fan, especially Formula One, which makes me a rarity in the US. On message boards I've seen people complain about the commentators in the American broadcast explaining too much, since we are fans and already understand. The problem is that there should always be new viewers and they don't already understand all the rules, terminology, teams, and drivers. With video games, there's always going to be people just starting to play games. Yes, the 99% that are veterans will feel insulted by explanations for what they already understand, but there's still that 1% that is totally new.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
    Marsigne likes this.
  13. DustyZiroto

DustyZiroto The one guy who never left XP Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Litterally everything about Fire Emblem 6.

I abuse the hell out of save states just to keep units alive. Wolt, Lugh, Raigh, Chad, Lillina, Geese and Rutger have caused me so many resets.

Only units I ever let die was Sue, my first Pegasus knight, the two calivers at the start, Ognier, and most the Wolfen mercenaries except Deke, and Lot.

14. Iavra

Iavra Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Character creation. When i start playing a game like Fallout or Divinity, i sit there for hours, staring at my screen, creating, starting and immediately deleting characters until i either close the game again or decide to give it a try.

Gameplay-wise, it's most likely RTS. I'm fast enough for shooters and the like, but i can't deal with all the multitasking and micromanagement needed in Starcraft and similar.

Mihe likes this.
  15. Reavenator

Reavenator Member Veteran

Underwater levels. The breath meter and the sharks you need to ran away from always stress me out.

Mihe likes this.
  16. C.W. Plainview

C.W. Plainview Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Reminds me of the treasure diving segments from Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag! What a game that was.

17. ___

___ Villager Member

_

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2016
  18. Ekanselttar

Ekanselttar It's Finally Happening Veteran

First Language:
    Norwegian
    • Playing with Russians in CS:Go (no offense)
    • Stealth & Sneaking
    • Puzzles
    • Strategy and Micromanagement
    • Races in driving games.

19. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Multitasking.

Like, its not that I can't do it, its that I don't ENJOY doing it. Like in an turn based game I can enjoy it, but if you are asking me to pay attention to eight things at once in a realtime running game... ugh. I just don't enjoy it. I love specializing. I love doing ONE THING.

So many of my Sims "families" were like, one person in the household. That way I could maximize their efficiency. :| Other people are a distraction.

Ekanselttar likes this.
  20. Reavenator

Reavenator Member Veteran

Oh, yeah, I'm also horrible at driving in games.

You should see me try to play Mariokart with my friends, it's a disaster.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2016