What is your weakness in games?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by RiceMaster, Dec 1, 2015.

1. JoePie

JoePie of Art/Game Veteran

First Language:
    Not English
    QTE. I'm lame and hate and died beyond count in RE6 because of it.

2. Azurecyan

Azurecyan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    3D games where the camera is positioned at a weird angle or make you feel claustrophobic. Also cameras that start shaking when you start running(I'm looking at you Last of Us). Unfortunately, I'm one of those who get motion sickness from playing 3D games with enhanced graphics like The Last of Us, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc. Other 3D games(usually JRPGs) I don't get sick that easily unless I do the same thing over and over or I rotate the camera constantly.

3. Mihe

Mihe Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry, but your experience with video games does not reflect everyone else on Earth's experience with video games. Tutorials in video games are usually meant for people who are unfamiliar with the controls and play style of the game. I for one, enjoy using tutorials in most games. I don't really see it as holding my hand either. If anything, they are saving me a bunch of time by showing me how to play now instead of me having to look it up in a guide.

That being said, one of my weaknesses in video games is actually the tutorials sometimes! :D  Some games load you up with a million tutorials at the beginning of the game; most of which you wont even be doing until mid-late game. It can be overwhelming for me sometimes to have to read up on everything in the game all in one sitting instead of being spread throughout the game. Gives me headache haha

4. Srpg

Srpg Veteran Veteran

I dislike endless dialogues been displayed at intervals - if the dialogues make the story interesting then alright but there are games when characters spoke for nothing just for the sake of making the game more lengthy and this frustrates the hell out of me especially when there is no skip option present!

5. Lars Ulrika

Lars Ulrika I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    - Puzzles. I hate them with passion, hence why my games have a very very light amount of them.

- Keeping stealthy. I always want to go like "oh screw this" and kick everything.

- Managing to keep a "nice guy" playstyle in a rpg like Kotor. I always shift to the dark side sooner or later XD

6. Kmany

Kmany Villager Member

First Language:
    Swedish
    My weakness is guilt.

If I can not get completely absorbed in a game, I feel guilty for playing and not working.. It kind of sucks!

Stapleton likes this.
  7. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM

This so much x1000000

8. svarn

svarn Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    My weakness would definitly be shooters, I have poor reaction timing and aim.

Other then that I have really hard time finishing any games ... I just play them for 10-20 hours in a short period of time and then I never feel like getting back to it and finishing.

9. SilverTrisme

SilverTrisme Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Platformers. I've always had a weakness for these type of games. Not only am I bad at these but my adrenaline kicks in and I'm just on edge for the rest of the game until I quit. It's awful.

10. Balako

Balako PattyCake assosiation Veteran

First Language:
    Arabic
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    having multiple difficulties, i always end up playing the hardest and losing and switching to normal to find it extremely easier 

11. Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of Christmas Kloe Ghost of a Princess Seagull Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Not being able to do what I want.

I get to a bit, and I say something like, "I wanna jump on that roof!" and then I get stuck for hours trying to do the impossible. Once it worked and I found a glitch and broke the game file...

Marsigne and Balako like this.
  12. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    QTE events. I hate it when I'm playing a shooter and I need to do a QTE of A, B, Y, X, A at the right time to finish off the boss. Just let me blast the guy normally please.

And, its even worse when failing that QTE means a Game Over. So now I have to redo the fight just to retry that stupid QTE because I slipped and hit X instead of Y on the last button push? Grrr.

13. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Overthinking/hesitation is my problem, it mainly catches me out on multiplayer games that are fast-paced :p

14. M.I.A.

M.I.A. Goofball Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Forced minigames that rely upon successful completion in order to advance the story. This bothers me. Either advance the story win or lose, or don't put a minigame in there at all. Or make it optional. When I game, I pretty much want to live in that world. Nothing takes you out of that world and that adventure like "stop everything youre doing to play this card game!!"

bgillisp likes this.
  15. Little Adventurer

Little Adventurer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I hate getting stuck on puzzles in adventure games. I wasn't raised in the era of, say LucasArts and Sierra On-Line, so I was never told "click everything on everything" or "call the hintline" or "save early save often" and because of that, I always ended up asking others for help on puzzles, and now I watch Let's Plays of games I've never played (though I might want to play them) and learn about them through that. If I get stuck on a puzzle, I get frustrated and will most likely quit if I can't solve it. I have kept some adventure games like Nancy Drew unsolved FOR YEARS, just because I came across a puzzle I couldn't solve. If I can get through a puzzle quickly however, I ca appreciate the game MORE- I can focus on story, characters, environments, music, battles... all because I'm not stumped and worried over puzzles, because when ever I get stuck, my game is hindered and I'm spending less time enjoying it.

16. Lizard19

Lizard19 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I've never been able to fully utilize the items given in games, especially Pokemon.

17. Menos

Menos Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Rogue-likes that punish over-optimization.

Though I wouldn't call my playstyle reckless, I'm definitely inclined to take risks in service of maximizing my return on everything. When games expect you to forego some possibilities to be more cautious, I tend to adapt poorly. An example is Invisible Inc - I do a pretty good job with a few resets, but on difficulty levels without them I tend to play too aggressively and end up with fatal mistakes.

18. Tai_MT

Tai_MT Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I got a new one today.  My weakness in games is having to learn the nuances and tricks of a game to make it fun.  Games like Dark Souls and most sidescrolling fighter games (like Tekken or Street Fighter) drive me away as a player because of this.  That's not to say there isn't a crowd for these things and what they're doing is wrong...  It's just a personal preference of mine.

I want to learn nuances and tricks in a game if I'm having fun with it.  I don't like having to learn nuances and tricks as a means to have fun with it.  But, I am a filthy casual, ha ha.

19. Feldschlacht IV

Feldschlacht IV Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I am absolutely HORRIBLE at puzzle games. It's amazing that I was able to finish games like Alundra or the Wild Arms series, but to be fair, I was stuck in those games mostly as a dumb kid. and in addition to that, sometimes puzzles aren't translated from Japanese very well. This was especially the case in the Wild Arms series earlier games.

One of these days I'll replay them and I'll probably breeze through them easier.

20. block1

block1 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Piloting, I don't use a flightstick of any sort to fly in games like ArmA, War Thunder, Planetside, etc so I'm always at a disadvantage.