What job classes would you want in a game?? Make it into the game!!

Discussion in 'Game Mechanics Design' started by ShinGamix, Jun 24, 2015.

1. ShinGamix

ShinGamix DS Style 4Ever! Veteran

First Language:
    April Fools
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    By now you may have read about my project Battle Dungeons!! (name subject to change) and might have heard about the Kingdom Class Sytem for it.
    So now to open the jar of worms. If you could have any job, class, monster, pet or character type, or even inanimate object in the game what would it be and why. Seriously I am taking suggestions.
    If I choose your idea I will implement into the project as I see fit and you may be lucky enough to see your own self (using the community profile name and something to do with your avatar too possibily) in the game somewhere. If you want them to have a certain ability, move, or action tell me.

The floor is open!![​IMG]

Classes that made it in
    Orange means I it made in it. Violet Means i had some issues with it but may tweak it later.

Yanglfly Master  Soul Knight
    Far117 Pun Master npc 
    Fortheloveofpie Astrologist
    Muramasa Living Sword
    BlackLiquidSorrow  Fox pet
    Watcules  Sword Collector.
    Warpmind  Gentleman Adventurer
    Xien  Golem Night  Constructor Mage
    Alexander Amnell  Blood Conjurer  .

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2015
    Acetonide and RocketKnight like this.
  2. Yangfly Master

Yangfly Master Jack of All Trades, you know, the Lone Wolf. Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Name: MageFighters

Descs: Masters of the Sword and Magic, can wield any Sword(Except Claymores) and Offensive low level magic.

They can also use the sacred Magic Sword(Change the name as you see fit), a Sword that cut's it's enemy nearby, and use a Vaccum Slash, if used from afar(knid of a Magic)

That would be interesting

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2015
  3. Far117

Far117 Best Guy Ever Member

First Language:
    English
    Make me as the absolute master of puns. If you need help coming up with puns, just ask me. I know all of them ;)

If you want more of a back story, I can do that too

4. Korimax

Korimax Architect of Procrastination Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hmm I really like Astrology and I've been playing around with the idea of....

Star Mage

Uses celestial magic either by summoning monsters based on the constellations (Though thats a bit to Fairy Tail.) or uses spacey type magic like a meteor shower attack, or a Cold Star spell (Sending a starlike energy blast at someone made of cold instead of heat.) Something of that measure is what I thought of.

Bonkers likes this.
  5. muramasa

muramasa Abomination of life, or life itself. Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    A living sword. Oh dammit, there's a Pokémon just like that! "orz

Yeah, I want to see a sword equipping swords! xD.

(A Poltergeist, but shhhh it's a secret).

6. BlackLiquidSorrow

BlackLiquidSorrow Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    A fox as a companion could be interesting.

ShinGamix likes this.
  7. Watcules

Watcules Villager Member

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Hmm...I was thinking someone who use a flying sword magic but the damage is physical. It's kinda like Gilgamesh from Fate series but in here the user must create a sword based by his imagination and magic before actually use that. The more imagination and magic the user have the stronger the sword that the user created. There are no limit how much sword he can created when attacking the enemy but only one type sword he can use basically if he want a new sword he need to destroy his last sword and created a new sword using imagination and magic like explained before.

8. Warpmind

Warpmind Twisted Genius Veteran

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Gentleman Adventurer.
    For a practical reference, see Colin Firth in Kingsmen. :)

Alexander Amnell likes this.
  9. xein

xein A stranger in a strange world Veteran

Golem Knight.

High DEF, High HP, High ATK, able to cover allies but slow and can not heal by potion or magic.

Sword user.

Constructor Mage.

A mage that use guns. The only unit able to 'repair' the golem knight and alter its parameter in battle.

Quick. Less MP and use low tier magic.

ShinGamix likes this.
  10. Alexander Amnell

Alexander Amnell Jaded Optimist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Storm Summoner: High hp, magic attack and alacrity/evade who uses a sword and blood magic to conjure devastating storms and lightning attacks. A glass cannon that can double as a sort of tank by abstaining from blood magic and fighting with only the sword, but at the expense of losing a lot of damage potential.

11. Eurgh

Eurgh Lord of the Reapers Veteran

Cosmic Imp: Able to create portals to anywhere that they can imagine. Also have random abilities that make them all unique, like some may be able to transform into fire, while others may be able to lift up mountains. Or even something as minute as being able to curl their tongue.

ShinGamix likes this.
  12. ShinGamix

ShinGamix DS Style 4Ever! Veteran

First Language:
    April Fools
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Orange means I it made in it. Violet Means i had some issues with it. ​

@Yanglfly Master Magic sword is a decent suggestion. You see stuff like this in anime all the time. Kind of reminds me of a Guardian or Defender class. More I thought about it I am going to evolve it into Soul Knight and add some more features to it.

@Far117 Pun Master. That would make a great npc character that you have to talk to a lot.

@Fortheloveofpie Astrologist Could make some cool moves and animations for this one.

@Muramasa Ironically, I am already a step or two ahead on this one. Living Sword is in there but is named (To be released later) different for reasons.

@BlackLiquidSorrow and what would make the fox special in this project?? Any ideas? Fox pet

@Watcules I guess I would call this a Sword Collector.

@Warpmind I would rather not have to go watch a movie or tv show when you could have explained it a little in your post. and aren't all the main adventurers already gentlemen? Chrono, Link, and others don't say hardly anything and always break their neck to save the damsel in distress? Gentleman Adventurer How would this add to gameplay, story, or the game experience?

@Xien Soon as I read Golem Night I had about five different version of this run through my head. Good suggestion. Constructor Mage OMFG this just sounds badass.

@Alexander Amnell Doesn't that name make you think of Storm from X-men? I would go more toward Blood Conjurer name myself, but good description.

Loving all the suggestions and a few of them will make it into my game project. Thank you and keep them coming.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2015
  13. BlackLiquidSorrow

BlackLiquidSorrow Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Well, foxes are cunning so maybe they would give their owner the ability to inflict crits and dodge attacks more often. Also, I'm BlackLiquidSorrow, not BlackSquidArrow. 

ShinGamix likes this.
  14. Warpmind

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Ah, to explain the Gentleman Adventurer a little more precisely - He's decidedly a Rogue-type class; a Gentleman Adventurer's suit is his armor, and the weapon of choice is a sword cane or umbrella. The Gentleman Adventurer is always impeccable in dress and demeanor, polite and soft-spoken, with a resolve of steel and, often as not, an interesting array of camouflaged weapons, convenient tools and assorted contacts, friends and acquaintances around the world.
    Crono, Link, Mario etc. are certainly hero-protagonists, but they are not gentlemen - not in that sense of the word.

The Gentleman Adventurer would add to the story, simply by virtue of being essentially the paragon of Proper Behavior and Manners, and could be well used to access the "finer parts" of society, and to handle bureaucrats and snobs, depending on the narrative.

Also, it's Warpmind, not Warpminded.

And if you haven't seen Kingsmen: The Secret Service, you dayum well should - it's mindblowing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
  15. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Reading this description of the 'Gentleman Adventurer' I am reminded of Patrick Macnee who has just died.  He played John Steed in 'The Avengers', a series which kept on resurrecting in obscure corners.

http://popcultureaddict.com/patrickmacnee/

check out the umbrella.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
    captainproton likes this.
  16. Warpmind

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Well, yes, Kingsmen does parody The Avengers, as well as early James Bond, Get Smart, Adam Adamant Lives! and ALL the old spy movies and series, and does it exceedingly well. :D

17. CrazyCrab

CrazyCrab Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    I really like coming up with classes, so here's a couple...

The Stormrider

A mage who envelops himself in a tornado when fighting, taking some damage every turn but has exceptional resistance to most normal attacks as a result. Has some powerful wind and thunder spells that further damage him as well as the enemy, as he turns his own blood and flesh into pure energy. Quite hard to manage in longer battles as he ends up inflicting ridiculous damage on himself, but when combined with a rush tactic or bunch of healers he's an excellent addition to any party.

The Flagellant

A warrior that has been driven insane by by the horrors the world has inflicted upon him and desperate for their pain to end. Fights without fear or remorse, he is immune to any and all mind-altering effects and he completely neglects both armor and evasion. All his attacks inflict painful states on the enemy (bleeding, deep wound, fracture, etc.) and on himself, as he's just incapable of controlling himself. His base health is ridiculously high as a result of the constant suffering, but he refuses to be healed during combat as it goes against his fanatical beliefs. 

The Oppressor

A master of the mind who has been corrupted by his exceptional psychic power. Now he is obsessed with suppressing everything that could possibly rival his might to ensure his superiority over everyone else. His powers are based around global buffs and debuffs, the catch being that they affect both enemies and allies, as his paranoia forces him to doubt everyone around him. Alternatively he is capable of using powerful single target spells that, as a result of letting the stranger into his mind, turn the target temporarily insane. 

The Partisan 

A freedom fighter who, tired of the oppression and discrimination, takes up arms and fights the enemy. While he may lack the training, equipment or exceptional magical talents, his spirit is mightier than any sword. He cannot equip most advanced weapons or armor, but he has access to the unique ''flag'' trinket / weapon that gives him a powerful ability (each flag may have a different one) and is exceptionally powerful when low on health. The allies' suffering is what drives him forward, gaining more and more charges each time. His ultimate ability which requires the most charges is ascension, where he abandons his fragile mortal form and becomes freedom personified.

ShinGamix likes this.
  18. Schlangan

Schlangan A madman with a computer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm going to propose one too, that will sort of appear in my game later-on, not exactly as a class, but well :

Schizophrenian (The name is obviously a variation of schizophrenic)

A character that suffer from a multiple personality disorder, with different abilities depending on the personality. One can be weak in fight but only descent in healing, the other one extremely powerful with lightning magic, and the last one very useful to tank damages. One could also add a frenzy state that combines the power of all three but cannot be controlled by the player; an extreme entity destroying everything in his sight.

19. captainproton

captainproton Dangerously Nifty Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Housekeeper: wields brooms, mops, or dual dusters. Cleans away negative states and debuffs, blasts enemies with scalding water, soap and dust, polishes allies to buff.

Kes likes this.
  20. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @captainproton

I wish I could do double 'likes'.  Sheer genius!  It's the dual dusters which I really want to see in action.  Can't you just imagine the animated battler you could make with this?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2015