What kind of plugins/scripts are you looking forward to?

Sugar Rush

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would also like to see an ATB type battle plugin.

Additionally, I think some type of event follow plugin or something to make enemy sprites in the map. That way we aren't stuck to the random encounter or stationary battle events. 
I'm pretty sure you can just do this with events. Like if you hardcode the starting area of monsters on a map and have them walk around randomly you can trigger a battle "on touch".

pparke2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A majority of the scripts you wrote for VX Ace but also a few from Victor Sant, i.e. Death-like status (petrification) that has the same consequences as Death but you aren't technically dead and custom vehicles (I'm itching to add different color chocobos and a vast sidequest for them ala FF7 or FF9).

McTone

This Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm pretty sure you can just do this with events. Like if you hardcode the starting area of monsters on a map and have them walk around randomly you can trigger a battle "on touch".
Yeah, but it doesn't work in a very natural manner. I can't remember who, but someone made a " sensor" script for ace that would make an event activate when you got within a certain radius of it. That way the enemies aren't just wandering around, but will chase you if they detect you.

The Infamous Bon Bon

Executive Geek
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here is an example of how far we can go with weather effects by the way:

https://maroslaw.github.io/rainyday.js/demo012_2.html
That is actually pretty darn amazing.

Yeah, but it doesn't work in a very natural manner. I can't remember who, but someone made a " sensor" script for ace that would make an event activate when you got within a certain radius of it. That way the enemies aren't just wandering around, but will chase you if they detect you.
This wasn't too hard to do in Ace without scripts, but with script calls and eventing and I can't imagine it will be much harder in MV.

Plainview

Man Behind the Mask
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Press Turn Battle and a few Yanfly plugins, but that's it really XP

Siskan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
I would be really happy if someone would program a plugin which would let you use images to display letters, rather than using a regular font.

Alternatively if there was a way to display fonts without anti-alias. But I'd prefer the solution above.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ellie Jane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pretty simple, I've done that in XP.

Draw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
The MV scripts I'm looking forward to :

- Make a variable equal to actor stats.

- Persistent map events

- Skill cooldown

- Item and skill restrictions

- Dynamic weapon animations

- Buff & state manager

- Hide stats

- Perfect EXP curve

- Text cache

- Reputation system

That's all.

A_Higher_Plane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it's not possible to do it now, can we have the ability to generate characters and have them fight our characters as our enemies?

TenebrisCrow

The Kelphy Corp
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, everybody! Hope you're as excited about RPG Maker MV as I am! (。 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 。)

I have a few questions to ask all of you~

1. What kinds of plugins and/or scripts are you guys looking forward to seeing in RPG Maker MV?

2. What kinds of scripts did you enjoy in the past iterations of RPG Maker that you would like to see ported over to MV?

3. And finally, what would be the main deal maker (as opposed to deal breaker) that would completely convince you to move from previous RPG Makers to RPG Maker MV?
Every plugin you make is usually fantastic! I hope with the new Javascript this will open up more plugin opportunities for you!

LuLight

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
1. What kinds of plugins and/or scripts are you guys looking forward to seeing in RPG Maker MV?

- Character relationship making by giving item in the menu when talk to him/her (like Yu-Gi-Oh Tag Force)

jj4OuKShvpRbG.jpg

2. What kinds of scripts did you enjoy in the past iterations of RPG Maker that you would like to see ported over to MV?

- Steal item, Copy skill when get hit by the skill, ATB, Cast Time, Summon, Tranform, Counter, Guard, Crafting Item like DQ8, Fixed first character (can't change row)

3. And finally, what would be the main deal maker (as opposed to deal breaker) that would completely convince you to move from previous RPG Makers to RPG Maker MV?

- RPG Maker MV is cool!!

ps. sorry for my bad English  > <

AshNaut

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
If I had good javascript knowlegdes, I would make a plug-in like Storybricks. It's a NPC IA maker.

momiage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
I would love to have some kind of plugin for Skill Levels or Skill Points or that sort of thing.

It would be nice if the levels affect the success rate of the skills, because then I can make a skill system close to what TRPGs are like(the skill level or points you allocate is the actual success rate)

Anyways I am really excited about MV.

I live in Japan but the release date is later than the English version, so I couldn't wait and had already preordered the English version on Steam! :-D

Galebourn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Pretty much everything that increases the usability for the mouse or touch control.

For example, I'd love to see a script that lets me scroll through the entire map, even if the player stays on the same spot.

Edit: It would also be cool to have the ability to drag objects.

I'm not sure if there's already a way to edit the look of the mouse cursor, but that's something I'd like to see as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ill be writing a lot of my own custom stuff mostly because im a very picky programmer and ill be using the pre ordered plugins. But one I really want is a map exporter.

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
but also a few from Victor Sant
I am insanely happy that Victor isn't around for MV. He made great functionality, but the way he made his scripts was the worst. Almost every single script he has made was incompatible in some way with other scripts that change the same methods he did. Why? Because when Victor was changing many of these methods, instead of aliasing and adding onto a method, Victor basically told us all to screw off and he overwrote everything, destroying compatibility. And then none of his code was documented. If you absolutely needed two incompatible systems to work, and one of them was dealing with Victor's scripts, then good luck to you. I pity any programmer you sucker into getting that job done.

Needless to say, however, a lot of people want his scripts in MV, including the project I'm working on. As a result, I intend to, over time, rewrite his scripts in ways that don't break other scripts. And to document things so that should someone need to modify what I've written, they won't have to reverse engineer every little bit of code to figure out what it does.

And if you think I'm just some crazy hater, ask any of the prominent scripters. If they've ever had the displeasure of working with Victor's scripts, they will tell you that the experience sucked

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Emergency, emergency.

A lot of us need an AppSave plug in (Shaz did one, as did Jet), and I haven't noticed one - at least so far.  Anyone thinking of doing this? 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Chili: Evolved to taste spicy so no animal would eat them.

Humans: "Jokes on you ..."
I guess it becomes purely academic in less than four days but before then can anyone explain to me why the %^&*( animations in the MZ database don't have a 'Hue' slider??
Who here knows of the hidden laws of this multiverse? Such as the law of attraction
Exploding Fruits and Rasaks Pixelfarm Assets | RPG Maker News #108

So ghosts can go through walls and stuff, and depending their type (according to fantasy media) they can or can't interact with objects to a certain degree...

So why they don't always fall through floors? Do they always float and sometimes simulate walking? If things go through them how can they hear/see? And why sometimes they have clothing? Do clothes die as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alteria