whoami

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
1. I'd love to see alternative battle systems. I'm partial to a CTB like Final Fantasy X. A system like Paper Mario with timed button presses would also be engaging.

2. I love the subtle power that these scripts provide:

Passive States.

Class System.

Message System (ability to skip through text by holding a button).

Skill Cost Manager.

Encounter Rate Manager.

Hime's Enemy Action Conditions

Hime's Individual Feature Conditions

Hime's Encounter Conditions

Yami's Pop Message

...And plenty more.

3. If MV had a full-featured job system like Final Fantasy 5, I would buy it immediately. It sounds like you're already working on something like this, so I'm excited!

Trilient

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'd like to see a script for a skill system similar to that of FFX or Path of Exile.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Thing is, we're making these long want lists, and we still don't know what the engine can do on its own.

romanticmisery.

Humanoid Exotica
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I'm not very ambitious i'm already curious to se what your Yanfly engine has already.

and as many said, mostly what already made YEA great

Also message options, lots of message options.

Dealbreaker? Hahaha i preordered the thing already.

Last edited by a moderator:

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
1.I'm looking forward to any scripts that improve or alter the side view battle system in any way shape or form.

I would like to see some basic scripts that have visual aspects, a proper cursor for instance as i am not a fan of the stretched out box cursor.

A script that allows you to add animations to the monsters if you're talented enough to actually make animated monsters.

2.In Ace .. well a lot of scripts i loved were actually made by victor saint, even if they were buggy. Fog layer scripts, cursor scripts.. so on and so forth.

3.I already want MV pretty bad, but if i could have a script that really let's me customize things further in MV than you already can, then i am happy.

I want to see a script that allows you to make "sealing" effects.

In 2K3 and even XP, you could set an auto tile to where you could not pass it, but it WOULD appear over the player, and if you made.. say .. 2 rows horizontally the top row would let you under it, while the bottom row would not let you pass.

-final thoughts-

Ace was lacking a lot of things XP had that i loved, things that added depth to the maps.. and while MV SEEMS to be on the right track when it comes to layers and such, i get the feeling EB will STILL drop the ball.

So it will be up to the plugin creators to fill in the gaps left by EB.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mostly battle related stuff. I'd love a plugin that would show enemy HP bars and conditions icons. Animated monsters would be awesome. A script that would make actors move immediately after selecting an action instead of waiting for the whole party. Not sure if a plugin would be needed for this, but a way for sideview actor sprites to be different, depending on what armour they have equipped.

Basically anything that could alter, improve or add more options to how battles work would be very welcome. Things like more options to skill or equipment functionality, UI improvements, flow of battle (such as an ATB system) etc.

Not sure what kind of things would make a dealmaker. I'm still somewhat interested in potentially moving over my RM2K3 project to MV, but as it stands, there would be too many things I'd be missing if I did it in MV's current state with the information we have so far. So, maybe if MV scripts/plugins could fill in the holes that are key to re-creating my RM2K3 project, then that would be a dealmaker for me.

Ziharkk

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I do have a serious script request if this isn't going to be included in the default.

The way I event relies very heavily on the manipulation of self-switches (I'm extremely minimalistic with global switches)

If we could have a script similar to Nicke's Simple Self Switches I'd be quite pleased. Maximizing self-switch usage has made creating extensive, complex events

much more contained and manageable.

Ellie Jane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think one of the features of mv is actually improved self switches. For one, I believe there is an event command to change another event's self switch (sure I've seen it in a screenshot?)

Nonetheless, yeah more tools for them would be very useful.

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I am not sure if this will be included or if it is or if the old script will work with the new engine but I only do my maps via paralaxing. So I would LOVE to see a script for that.

Hoppy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The ability to use vehicles in battle and get in and out of them in battle like in Metal Max and Metal Saga.

DeV.iLLain

What Title?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
1. What kinds of plugins and/or scripts are you guys looking forward to seeing in RPG Maker MV?

Ability to switch between battle views such  side battle view and front battle view through an event or by using a particular device.

2. What kinds of scripts did you enjoy in the past iterations of RPG Maker that you would like to see ported over to MV?

All of Them.

3. And finally, what would be the main deal maker (as opposed to deal breaker) that would completely convince you to move from previous RPG Makers to RPG Maker MV?

NONE, already getting MV.

Fire-Dragon-DoL

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
For me the main deal breaker is:

1. Cross platform, especially for mobile, where rpg maker games can probably shine (on PC you have to compete with 3D games too)
  2. Interaction with web provided by MV (ability to make http request and parse them), since on rpg maker vx ace you had to deal with a DLL, which is not as straightforward as a simple call to get result from a webpage

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't know what I am looking forward to for scripts, but I would LOOOOVE to see a Land Vehicle script. So you can have cars, trucks, mechs, etc....

I am absolutely sold on MV SIMPLY because of the ability to export to mobile. That is HUGE. I make non-rpg games, so I would like to create games people can play a little bit while they are out and about, doing their thing. Nothing they have to invest hours upon hours into sitting at their PC. I am not saying anything negative about you designers who make those games, I just want to make something different.

IssendirVolk

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
I would like to see a lot of things. I don't know if they are already in the MV:

-Enemy HP bars in battle. 

-A crafting system.

-Party of 5 chars.

-Faces in battles.

-Some kind of ATB battles. The more agility you have, more quickly fills the turn bar of that char.

-Bestiary.

-Yanfly Engine Ace - Ace Shop Options (I like this one a lot).

And its too late for the main deal maker, I already bought it  :D

StaceyUK

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
I would love to have a gathering and crafting system so I can have a crafting system in my game.

ShadowKing

Designer and Story Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I want to see a plugin for Real Time with Pause combat ala Dragon Age and Neverwinter Nights 2.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm pretty sure a few people already mentioned it, but I will do so again: I would DIE for a press-turn battle system (think Persona, SMT games).

Tigerbite

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm late to the party and this may have been suggested, but I would love an addition to the battle system where you have to hit a button at a certain time, or a combo, that activates an extra attack or another skill or something similar to that.

I believe MOG had a script like this, but his scripts are so...extravigant and have a lot of incompatibility issues.  If you could include something like this with your core battle scripts, I'd probably bake and send you cookies.

Lux Fortuna

Legal Eagle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Three plugins I'd be willing to pay a LOT (probably $100-200 for each) for:

1. Turn-based tactical system (like Warsong, but also like fire emblem and golden sun) with a decent AI system

2. Online versus mode where you can duel, or trade with other people who have the same game

3. Poke-mon type system where the main character doesn't fight, but rather captures wild creatures and has them battle instead

Other plugins I'd be interested in:

A. "Bank" to store allies that you currently do not want in your main party

I'm sure there are more but they currently escape me ^^

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Some kind of map exporter would be awesome for us who do real maps via parallaxing. 

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

If you still don't subscribe our Polish channel please consider it :)
1.png
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?
I've been working on status effects since last thursday, and today I finished the core mechanic of Zombie, Teleport, Curse and Recall. Zombie and Curse are lacking a few things to make them complete atm. Teleport though is the "HAHA" spell for some of my mobs, but can "NOPE" at them with Recall.
I'm weird as there are a few game franchises I'll watch and read about, but have no interest in playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardrockmessi12