what kind of sound/bgm file extension does MV need? why there are two kinds of extensions by default?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanYe

RPG Game Lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i have discovered .m4a and .ogg files with same file name stored in the default file directory.
so i am curious that what on earth that MV need? or MV need both to work properly?
can i delete one to make my game as small in size as possible?

thx for any replies?

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
i have discovered .m4a and .ogg files with same file name stored in the default file directory.
so i am curious that what on earth that MV need? or MV need both to work properly?
can i delete one to make my game as small in size as possible?

thx for any replies?
.ogg -> needed to playtest at editor... this also will be used when deploying to PC
.m4a -> this needed ONLY if you deploy at the mobile environment... because mobile did not recognize .ogg extension.

if you make the game for PC... you can delete .m4a as soon as possible.
if you make the game for mobile... you can delete .ogg AFTER you finish making the game... because the editor only recognize .ogg so if you delete it you cannot pick which sound you play in event etc... that's why you need the same name with the .ogg and .m4a so when you deploy it will use the m4a with that name instead.

hope this help.

RyanYe

RPG Game Lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ok thank you , now this topic can be closed

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

KenKrath wrote on RPGMakerWeb's profile.
Nevermind.
I found a book about game localization. It costs R$708,00 on Amazon. ;_;
I really wish my game was far enough along for it to be actually playable beyond certain aspects. I think I've crafted a really fun battle system thanks to ATB, fighting game, and Boost point mechanics.
Play test of my current progress on Happy Camper
Cutscene Contest Winners have been announced!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhayes