TheFroMofo

Hired Merc
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
[IMG]http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s632/TheFroMofo/Logo_zps4427c14f.png[/IMG]​
 ​

[IMG]http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s632/TheFroMofo/output_dDupe0_zpsvfnmunyt.gif[/IMG]

The Story is about a boy who runs away from home with a family friend (named Garner) who is a seafarer and they journey across the seas. The world that they're in has had some history in the past with ancient evil that once ruled the land but was sealed long ago by a hero named Damien who locked himself away with the evil in order to save the planet. The ship with the boy and Garner on it crashes leaving the boy stranded in no man's land and a loss of memory. Unknowingly, he breaks the already-weakening seal on the devil's door where the evil was once previously locked away. This releases much of the evil that had once been at bay which also Although the seal has been greatly weakened, much of the evil is still behind the door. To completely open the devil's door, a mysterious masked entity from beyond the door is bringing chaos upon the lands, resurrecting ancient evil that used to roam the lands years ago, and seeking out the three friscoe fragments that, once sought and combined, form an ancient tablet that has the potential to grant its beholder one wish before the artifact breaks up and scatters across the lands  Along the way, the boy will make new friends that will help him on his quest to restore order to the once peaceful lands. Oh yeah, and they kill A LOT of things along the way.

World Lore:
When the universe was first created, this feat 
was nothing short of a work of art.

Everything from the sky to the sea, and all 
creatures who inhabited it, were nothing short 
of excellence.

However, the one thing the world lacked was 
balance. 

The all mighty being who served as a catalyst 
in the universe's existence sought a way to 
complete this world. 

As contrast to all feeling and emotions 
positive in nature, negativety was created 
to maintain balance. 

Life is full of trials and would be 
meaningless without them.

However, there was excess and the 
divine maker quickly saw how easy it was 
for the darkness to block out the light.

In response to this, a door was created. 
A door strong hold all things truly evil.

Evils were allowed to roam the Earth, 
but only in the form of man. 

Every human signified the balance between 
good and evil which maintained balance for 
millenia.

However, the evil contained in this devil's 
door could not be held at bay forever. 

Overtime, the seal deteriorated until one day, 
the maliciouess seeped out onto the word to wreak 
havoc once more.

In response, man established guardians said to be 
chosen by the all mighty himself to watch over the 
seal and prevent any future outbreaks.

Gifted with a temporary immortality, these brave 
heroes would leave behind their lives, their loved 
ones, in order to protect the greater good for 1000
 years.

Ovetime, man's greed and lust of power and hunger 
for war increased and so the seal began to break 
once more. 

As the seal cracked and the doors of all things evil 
flung open, man faced monsters again. 

To seal away the evil once more, the guardian faced 
the evil in its own home sealing himself away with 
the source of the darkness and bring peace back to 
the lands

However...that was many years ago. The Guradian 
never returned, and fate had yet to decide the 
devil's door's new keeper.

Even now the seal on that door begins to weaken 
with each passing moment.

It will only be a matter of time before that gate 
opens and the world sees what lies beyond that gate 
once more.
 ​
 ​
[IMG]http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s632/TheFroMofo/output_yXzhGd_zpswxckf7xx.gif[/IMG]

​
Actor1-1.png  Protagonist: Not much is known about the protagonist. Although it may not be clear, he is a runaway who is strong willed and not much backstory. Although it may seem that he lacks confidence, he has a strong spirit and is very adventurous.
 ​
Actor1-4.png Hilla: A smalltown girl who works with her father at the inn in SmallDale. She is very confident and solves her problems with her fists.

​
Acotr3-3.png Joshua: Losing his parents to a fire at a young age, he made it his life goal to train and one day confront the man responsible for taking the life of his parents. He is very weak, and the story quickly reveals that he's not the most brave of warriors.

​
Actor2-5.png Ezekiel: As sworn protector of HillCrest, the kingdom's hope and fate lies in his hands. He is very determined, calm, and wise well beyond his years.
 [IMG]http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s632/TheFroMofo/output_9RqYAZ_zps2frsbgoq.gif[/IMG]

Explore - Get lost in a world faced with a resurfaced ancient evil, Traverse various landscapes and uncover the truth of the curse that plagues the land once more.

Meet - Many NPCs and enemies who have a personality of their own.

Fight - Encounter monstrous bosses and a wide variety of enemies in the classic side view system that defined much of the RPG genre.
Elemental Attacks - An intricate system that offers a new method for players to learn magic. By offering essence player will gain new skills: 1 weak single attack 2 weak all attack 3 strong single attack 4 strong all attack. In addition, by learning a magic spell the user gains an elemental state that will make their regular deal bonus on monster where applicable and weaken enemy attacks that are of a disadvantageous state.
Rank System - By offering a stat distribution system and offering the player different classes to choose from, the player can outfit their character to fit their playing style.
 ​
[IMG]http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s632/TheFroMofo/output_BKnN5q_zpsl7iznal0.gif[/IMG]

​

Please please give feedback as your voice is the only thing keeping indie games and their developers alive! An absurd amount of scripting help from Yanfly, Yami, Shadow master, Jet, Neon Black, Mithran, MogHunter, Logan Forrests, Tsukihime, Victor, AriArk, Seiryuki, Dekita, MajireFly, Galv, Zerbu, Adon237, blackmorning, and KilloZapit. ! Try the demo below and please tell what you think. Additional images  by HAMINGRAM, Killer Bon Bon, Grandma Deb, Darthsaber89,and Alvaro Arias, Davias, and John Ajodah. You should check out their stuff *it's pretty cool!*

[IMG]http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s632/TheFroMofo/output_jdzvR2_zpswc9rbwrn.gif[/IMG]
 ​
Cemetary.jpg
gaius.jpg
ghosts.jpg
Menu.jpg
SerpentQueen.jpg
Silk Forest.jpgStorm.jpg

Tomb.jpg    

Sea Demons.jpg    

Please please test and give feedback. Your support is the only thing that keeps games like these alive! Happy playing!! :D
 ​
BETA Current Version
~~~V 0.6222~~~
 ​
Time to complete this version 4-6 hr +
Version ends when you reach the Crossroads
 ​

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFroMofo

Hired Merc
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I apologize for not recently coming out with any new updates, but I'm finally back on working on the project. I assure you it was never abandoned! I've been busy for a while haven't had the time to make any modifications to the game. Newest update located in the link above. Sorry for any inconvinience! Someone let me know if the new link works. Thanks!

TheFroMofo

Hired Merc
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Newest version V.0.515 released. Enjoy and please continue the feedback!

TheFroMofo

Hired Merc
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would like you all to know that this project has not been abandoned!! New update V 0.516. I haven't made any progress forward just yet, but I've had some time to go back and respond to feedback with some minor changes that should make what I have so far a more enjoyable experience. Thanks for all the support and keep it up! Also, show your support on the steam page as well.

defunct-user

Voice Actor/Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Don't give up. Keep going! You can do it! (Sorry, no feedback just yet)

TheFroMofo

Hired Merc
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the support! Pumping out constant updates so always check the date of when this page was last updated to ensure that you own the latest version. Just copy over the save the save file to the new game folder so that no progress is lost. Thanks again!

TheFroMofo

Hired Merc
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Killing bugs by the tens. Newest update V 0.6 out now. Report any errors you come across! 

TheFroMofo

Hired Merc
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm thinking about doing a graphics over haul and rework the dialogue. Any artists or writers out there who can help me? Message if interested. 

TheFroMofo

Hired Merc
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Heyo newest update. Finally added that intro that includes the world's lore that I've always wanted to add, but never knew how to go about doing it. Also cleaned up some bugs and made the whole introduction better. Let me know what you think and happy playing!

ElementalLight

Resident Anime Junkie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The mapping looks interesting but there where 2 things that really didnt appeal to me in the screen shots first of the floating time bar. its just  so far away from anything else............ and second the tittle is kinda pixalated and has a giant white box in-front of the logo........ id try fixing these things if i where you.

TheFroMofo

Hired Merc
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The mapping looks interesting but there where 2 things that really didnt appeal to me in the screen shots first of the floating time bar. its just  so far away from anything else............ and second the tittle is kinda pixalated and has a giant white box in-front of the logo........ id try fixing these things if i where you.
Ah thanks. The white box always bothered me a little, but it still seems a little low priority at the moment. I"ll definitely get around to it by the end of the project. As for the time bar (I believe you're referring the thing that shows the sequence of fighters for each turn of battle), make sure you're looking at the one of the screenshots where it is on the right side. Some one of those screenshots are a little outdated (whoops), but I can also lower it if you think it is still too far from the battle.This screenie shows the most updated position of the bar. Let me know if this is what you were talking about. Crypt.jpg

For the battle gauge, I've made three different heights with the first one being the original. Lemme know what you think.

63.png                                  85.png                                  100.png

TheFroMofo

Hired Merc
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Made many new updates regarding the beginning of the game and other edits based on past feedback that I just never got to. I believe the majority of the screenshots here are now outdated (haha whoops) so just know that. Check out the demo and keep up the feedback. V 0.611. Also random question, if anyone knows how to enlarge picture in the topic post up above such as the ones that say "Story" or "Characters", could you let me know? Thanks!

TheFroMofo

Hired Merc
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Heyo V0.62 is here. Disregard the file title (0.062). If you haven't tried what is here I suggest you check it out as your feedback is essential.In this update, I went back and changed much of the mapping and dialogue in the beginning maps because it just wasn't good. Also there is now an skill points system added to give your characters the chance to be adjusted to your own play style. Don't be discouraged by the "4-6+ hours" as you can give incredible and useful feedback without having to get past what I have here. If you do get to the end though that would just be a bonus. Anyways check it out! :D

TheFroMofo

Hired Merc
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
New logo courtesy of Darthsaber89. Check out his stuff over at the VX Ace forum. As a result of this new logo, there is a new title screen and I'm still reworking the beginning of the game, but slowly and steadily progress is being made. Also the screenshots are a little outdated so I'll be replacing those soon. Just know the game looks much better now. Hope you all enjoy!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Started up this game, found a couple of things early on:

1) There is a girl blocking the exit from the village who says nothing when I click on her. I think it would look better if she actually said or did something. Maybe state why she is blocking the route?

2) The shopkeeper event in the first village triggers even if I'm facing the wrong way.

3) You sure you want a step there for the church? It seems out of place to me.

I'll chip at it over the week, as work allows.

TheFroMofo

Hired Merc
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Started up this game, found a couple of things early on:

1) There is a girl blocking the exit from the village who says nothing when I click on her. I think it would look better if she actually said or did something. Maybe state why she is blocking the route?

2) The shopkeeper event in the first village triggers even if I'm facing the wrong way.

3) You sure you want a step there for the church? It seems out of place to me.

I'll chip at it over the week, as work allows.
Thanks for the feedback! :D I'll look into it right away. I never really thought about the steps before until you brought it up. It does seem out of place. Maybe I should keep the consistency with the other buildings. Anyways, thanks a bunch.

edit: Consider all of these issues fixed. They will be in the next update (not updating now because bugs are too small BUT still bugs none the less. Thanks!!)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
For the battle gauge, I've made three different heights with the first one being the original. Lemme know what you think.                                            
Here we are obviously deep in the realms of subjective taste, but to be honest, I don't like the height of any of them.  To have them in the middle of the battle screen, whether high or low, is a distraction. Maybe down low, bottom right, as the players' eyes will be constantly drawn down there anyway when selecting their actions.

TheFroMofo

Hired Merc
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here we are obviously deep in the realms of subjective taste, but to be honest, I don't like the height of any of them.  To have them in the middle of the battle screen, whether high or low, is a distraction. Maybe down low, bottom right, as the players' eyes will be constantly drawn down there anyway when selecting their actions.
How about something like this?

[IMG]http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s632/TheFroMofo/bottom_zpse568ee3d.png[/IMG]

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Got to hilltop today (I think that was the name of the town), noticed a couple little things:

1) If you go to the top of hilltop castle and reenter, the old music plays from before completing the castle. That's probably because you have it set as the BGM to play on entry.

2) Same thing with the thieves hideout. If you go there then reenter Silk Forest, the Thieves hideout music keeps playing.

One design quibbles too (Though these are more a matter of preference too):

1) I'm not sure how I feel about enemies that can poison the player being in the game before a cure poison skill is available. Those *bleeping* flowers, my goodness. Maybe something to think about, or at least give the player more antidotes before starting out, I got mass poisoned many times and was out of antidotes while in that forest, the only fix to that was to restore an old save game, as I couldn't make it back before dying.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

[Literally everything] is not defined.
Some neat things I made.
Shown to you in the form of an awful Windows Movie Maker Video.
1653453172179.png
Another amazing plugin by Dsiver! Thank you!

Salvage plugin. Craft something you decide you no longer need, or find an item you have no interest in, salvage it for scrap and resources. As you salvage items, gain EXP and level up. The higher your level, the better odds you have at succeeding, and the more material you'll actually acquire.
Harold Jam 2022: Dark Universe game jam is live! https://itch.io/jam/haroldjam22

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highway_Star