What Lies Beyond

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by TheFroMofo, Nov 4, 2013.

1. TheFroMofo

TheFroMofo Hired Merc Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Consider everything fixed for the music problems. As for the enemies, hornet's chance of poisoning drops from 25% to 10% and flower now has poison (only poisons one enemy) with a priority of 3 rather than poison cloud (all enemies) with priority of 4. Thanks for all the feedback.

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    On your layout:

With side view battlers, it may be a bit crowded in that lower right corner, so maybe the left corner - BUT you've got side view actor battlers and front view enemy battlers.  Logically and visually they do not mix.  I do not know if you intend to replace the front view enemies, but it is something to consider.  Also, your battle back; one can see the joins where you appear to have copy/pasted it to make it wider.  Again i do not know if this is a place holder or the one you intend using, but it needs attention if you're keeping it.

3. TheFroMofo

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

I had no part in editing that background. This is what it would look like if I actually paid attention to it (thanks for that). Also I totally agree on the side view battlers. Hopefully this looks better. Again with the guage, it just doesn't feel right in the bottom left. I did like it below the actors. Maybe I'm the only one?

4. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I've played a few games that had an order gauge (Heroes of Might and Magic V, Mana Klemia 1 and 2), and they all had them up top. Heroes of Might and Magic V had it centered and at the top, and Mana Klemia, if I recall right, had it upper right.

Personally, I didn't mind it at the upper right. I say pick something you like and run with it. Not everyone is going to like it.

Edit: I hit a game breaking bug. When you go underground to use the essences, the exit puts you in a wall, making me unable to move anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
    TheFroMofo likes this.
  5. TheFroMofo

First Language:
    English
    That is quite the gamebreaking bug! Oh wow. I could've sworn I fixed that tho... Well, now I guess I have a reason to update the link (haha sry). It will be up soon. Sorry about the late(ish) reply. 

Edit: The newest version is up now. Sorry about that and thank you so much for discovering that! 

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  6. bgillisp

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The fix works, thanks! I'm in Hillcrest castle, couple things I noticed:

1) The Lamia's, when they cast Magic Barrier, it says the state they added as MDF6{. Is there an extra character or two in your state name, or could that be an error in the script you are using? Minor, but just something I did notice.

2) I notice you now have the action bar at the bottom, but, when I select attack, it flips back to the top. This results in it flipping back and forth a lot in a battle. Might want to see if it is possible to have it always in one spot to avoid that.

3) I just got to where I could promote my class, but I had no idea what the two classes I could choose do. Maybe an area to explain the two classes (this could be handled as a choice when you talk to the priest actually, that way those who already know can just ignore it).

Also I did see where you toned down the poison in the forest. That should help, though the idea I had was to have Hilla's brother give you some antidotes before you set out into the forest. That would have fixed the problem too. But, your solution works as well.

Will plug away some more, though I work most of the day on Monday and Tuesday so probably will not have more until Wednesday or so for you.

7. TheFroMofo

First Language:
    English
    That's fine, take your time. This was a big help and I appreciate it.

8. TheFroMofo

First Language:
    English
    Heyo, another small update. Progress with the mapping and story are going pretty slow right now, but still making many adjustments to the earlier parts of the game along with making some adjustments based off of feedback. Will update screenshots and make greater progress once the custom actor portraits are finished. Anyways, thanks for all the support!

9. TheFroMofo

First Language:
    English
    Those new screenshots are almost out along with some new graphics that are being put in (because some of the older stuff just didn't work) so keep up the feedback. I strongly recommend you try the game if you haven't and hopefully all goes well. Thanks! :D

Edit: Thoughts on this style of portrait?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014
  10. bgillisp

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Glad to see there is work progressing on this! I was sick last week so made 0 progress, will try to pick up where I left off soon with more feedback for you.

11. TheFroMofo

First Language:
    English
    As a result of much helpful feedback, a majority of the project before The Frost is being remapped and rewritten so it may look different if you ever decide to download and play again. However continue the feedback as anything will help I appreciate you taking the time to continue this. Hope you're feeling better. 

12. bgillisp

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks! I'll probably give it another try from the very beginning in another week or two, had too much else to do these last couple weeks to play many games. I assume the download link is the most current version?

13. TheFroMofo

First Language:
    English
    Eh, the link is sort of new. The project is going through some major changes whether it be graphics, finally cleaning out some useless scripts, finally going forward from where the project currently is, or rewriting the dialogue. I would probably wait to try out the link as I'm going to release all of this at once, but if you keep going with the version you have downloaded and you happen to run into any more bugs, I would be very happy to stomp those out for the current version. Thanks for your continued interest in the project and hope all goes well.

14. Indrah

Indrah Megane Berserker Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I lasted 20 minutes, but I could not find a reason to keep working.

Aside from severe presentation issues (that can be forgiven due to, I suppose, inexperience) I have no reason to want to play, since I have no idea who the protagonist is or what his goal is, outside some BS cliche prophecy.

On the plus side I cracked so much during the voiced acted intro I could not actually process a single thing XD

Also: 4 solid minutes of crawl text are INEXCUSABLE. Especially when the content itself boils to the classic: you good. evil bad. Go kill. 

(More feedback strewn around the video.)

15. TheFroMofo

First Language:
    English

Much work has been put into this since that link has been uploaded with many of those errors you pointed out already having been fixed, the first one being removing that dreadful intro (I can fully see the error of my ways) and a lot of work is still being put into it. I'll let you know when the link has been updated. Regardless, many thanks for taking some time to try it out and I'm always happy when people find errors or give harsh but honest feedback as it helps me better this project that much more. Thanks a ton!

%