What mouse do you have?

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Mr. Detective, Jun 20, 2019.

?

What do you recommend?

1. Just buy a similar model to the old mouse.

50.0%
  2. Keep the current one, less headache.

16.7%
  3. Get a wired mouse right now.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Blow some big bucks into a fancy gaming mouse.

33.3%
  5. Other recommendation.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mr. Detective

Mr. Detective NATO Special Operative Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello guys,

I'm currently looking for a new mouse to replace the one I broke last week. Anyone knows or has a good mouse that they'd like to recommend?
    This is the one I've had for two years:
    This is the one I got yesterday:
    It's not as comfortable in my hand. I don't know what the reason is, but I don't feel like I can have a good grip on it. And I don't think I have ever felt it so obvious with any other mouses I have used at school or at work. o_O
    Another thing I notice is that: with my old mouse, it's a little more difficult to keep moving the cursor in a straight line. For example, if I try to move the mouse from left to right, it will move slightly up and down. With the new one, I found it a bit easier to maintain a straight line. But it seems like if I move it slowly, it doesn't feel smooth. Sorry, not sure how to describe it accurately. It's easy to see this when I use the lasso tool in Photoshop. Anyone knows the reason?

I can just reorder a similar model like the old one.

I guess it would have been better if I did. I just felt adventurous and trying out some new products. XD I have a laptop that I put on my pillow, on top of my body, so wired mouse isn't a very viable option. :confused: I might get a wired one when I built my desktop. But now I want a mouse with silent clicks, wireless, rechargeable battery. I know Logitech has some good ones, but they are pretty costly. I'm not a competitive PC gamer, so I think I'll stick with some cheap ones from Amazon for now. But then I need to find one that works decent and easy to hold. Budget is about $20 or below. Yeah, I know. Stingy. :rolleyes:

I hope I can still return this. Just curious if you guys have any interesting mouse. But if possible, I want to get rid of this as soon as possible. :oops:
    Heh, I think I made a similar thread 2 years ago, too... :biggrin:

Marsigne likes this.
  2. MushroomCake28

MushroomCake28 KAMO Studio Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It depends on what your budget and what your needs are. Personally I'm really easy with mouses and even the cheapest mouses are acceptable for me. But you really can spend a lot of money on a mouse, especially those RGB mouses with tons of features (that can boost the price very quickly).

Mr. Detective and Marsigne like this.
  3. Marsigne

Marsigne Sephiroth Veteran

First Language:
    Other
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Mionix Castor. It's a popular mouse in the E-Sports community, yet it was my bro the one who introduced it to me. I can mostly adapt to any mouse (including $5 ones) but I can say the premium quality can be felt. It's apparently $20 with used condition on Amazon, with Retail price being $60. Amazon link.

Mr. Detective and MushroomCake28 like this.
  4. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom, Ham of a Hamster Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For little more than 20 bucks you can hardly find a good mouse, especially if it's wireless. My favorite mice come from A4Tech, but they're not wireless.

Brother had this mouse for five years.

5. Heartbreak61

Heartbreak61 Wandering Noob Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not picky with mouse, as long as it has button 4 and 5 so I can go back and forth easily on my windows explorer. I use very cheap one in my office (around $5 I think). So I would suggest you just to use your current mouse :p

Anyway, this is the one I use on my personal laptop, not wireless but I had this mouse for 7 years until now. The best thing I like for its price range it has two (up and down) button to change DPI on the fly so I can quickly make my DPI higher or lower much quicker than only one DPI button.

I don't know if it's still available in your country though.

Edit: somehow it won't let me post Amazon link. I use Ozone Radon 3k

6. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom, Ham of a Hamster Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I usually find button 4 in the way with its standard function, so I reprogram it. For example I turn my button 4 into a repeat clicker, which helps me gain edge in some games.

7. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  8. NeoFantasy

NeoFantasy Building Worlds Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Razer DeathAdder 2013.

I have no idea how to use the two extra buttons on the side, but a friend gifted it to me and it works great. Super comfortable too.

9. Windows i7

Windows i7 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum is what I have. I got it at Walmart for $50, and its been a great mouse. The precision of it is extreme. Like seriously.

Marsigne and Mr. Detective like this.
  10. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I use a Logitech Trackball. I hate trying to get enough room to move a mouse around for things.

Marsigne and Mr. Detective like this.
  11. Mr. Detective

First Language:
    English
    For its price, it looks pretty... boring. :eek: There's no used option, though. And that's too much more than how much I am willing to spend on a mouse. :frown:

I looked up some wireless mouse from A4 Tech. Seems a little small to me, though. :confused:

You do any gaming with that mouse? :stickytongue: I guess for web browsing, it's okay. The mouse I have now, besides feeling pretty dayum uncomfortable, sometimes the clicks don't even register. Welp. No more hope of keeping it now. I just got a return label from Amazon and it's going to UPS tomorrow after I get off work. o_O
    The Radon 3k is not available anymore, by the way.

Not rechargeable. I don't want to go back to batteries again.

Looks okay to me. Not sure how it'd feel in my hand... But it uses battery and wire. :frown:

How in god's name do you do anything besides casual web browsing with that trackball is beyond my comprehension... :eek:

OK. Here's what I am considering: I am willing to use a wired mouse. At least it won't run out of battery all of a sudden when I play games without warning and make me rage. It might be a bit cumbersome with the wire, but I hope it won't get in the way much. Seems like you guys all use wired mouse? Any issues?
    I have 4 choices that I am eyeing on right now: 1, 2, 3, 4. Yeah, I'm kind of a sucker for those fancy looking led lights. :cool: The logitech says it uses AA battery, but I don't think I see where you can put the battery...?
    I actually have a logitech office mouse that I bought a few years ago from Bestbuy for 20 bucks (M325 I think). dayum thing was so small for me! Now I hope these mouses are big enough (or well built) to be comfortable to hold.

Marsigne likes this.
  12. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Mr. Detective
    I personally prefer functionality over RGB lights (Razer).
    Batteries used to bother me as well in the past, but back in the day I had to replace them weekly (bluetooth), nowdays with wireless they can last a much longer time.
    This specific model by Logitech makes them last up to 3 years, changing 2 batteries every 3 years is not an issue to me, it's 1 buck to spend every 1095 days and the mouse is very worth it.

Ultimately it's your choice.

Marsigne likes this.
  13. Mr. Detective

First Language:
    English
    2 batteries every 3 year? We're talking about premium battery or 99 cent store battery? XD Though I guess being wired, it does use less battery power. :rolleyes:

Marsigne likes this.
  14. Darth Equus

Darth Equus Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    I know it's not related much, but let me suggest to switch to rechargeables for those with wireless mice and keyboards: They usually pay for themselves after six or nine months of use, are more easily recycled once they reach the end of their useful life, and help reduce clutter.

15. Mr. Detective

First Language:
    English
    Yeah, I'd definitely recommend rechargeable mouse over battery to anyone who is looking for a wireless mouse for casual use, unless they prefer a wired mouse for other reasons. The VEGCOO is pretty good, especially if you don't live somewhere with too much dust. It gets dirty easily. :stickytongue:

After much careful consideration, I decided to get the Pictek . Got in on Monday. I'm really impressed with its quality. It's comfortable to hold, clicks are not too loud, and the RGB lights are incredible! Would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for a mouse, doesn't care if it's wired, even if they don't play games. :cool:

Also, I am going to leave this here. In case someone comes across this thread, they might find this useful. :wink:

16. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Personally, I just use any normal mouse that is of a reputable quality. I dont do gaming mouse as they are just too pricey.

17. Gallia

Gallia Global Support Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have several Logitech mouses, 1 is with 8 or so programmable buttons, and some normal ones, and hopefully (one day) i'm getting myself either a Razer Naga IF they're still sold, if not then i probably get the Razer Trinity.

18. ∊η∊ηra

∊η∊ηra Smoke and Mirrors Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

The Redragon M711 is a fantastic choice, and only $20. I've been using mine for months and I love it.

19. MagiCat

MagiCat Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Most of my cheap mice end up breaking or being downright awful really quickly. I have a logitech I got on sale pretty decently from an Office Depot like three years ago that works fantastic but the clicking has gotten loud.

If you liked your old one though I’d say just get a new one of those.

20. PikanyaDesu

PikanyaDesu Professional Amateur Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Gotta agree with this one. Working in the IT field I have been stuck using a PLETHORA of different mice, I also use a lot of older/cheaper ones for my exotic or retro PC builds (I have a Win 98, XP, and considering an MS-DOS 486 build as well). Quite honestly, you get what you pay for. If you want something with an accurate laser, gaming pretty much sets the standard these days for performance...graphic work does as well, but doesn't have as large a footprint in the Amazon or Best Buy retail arena. Death Adder has served me well, Razer makes some pretty solid products and have never given me issues.