Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Since we're all sharing videos...

Vanilla Mood.

This one single song inspired me to take up the flute.

Last edited by a moderator:

Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Ms Littlefish, check this out.

Not a single STRING instrument in the entire band. All woodwinds or brass. (Well, there's a harp but still.)

lemongreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's hard to say what inspires me; my mom says I have a very eclectic taste in music and considering in my most used playlist I have something from probably almost every genre that's probably true. 

I guess to narrow it down the most played songs currently are by Imagine Dragons, Straight No Chaser (an acapella group), Linkin Park, and Owl City (and that really doesn't even begin to show how vast the amount of music I have is)

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My iPod is mostly:

oc-remix, 8-bit ost, snes ost, dubstep, speedcore, breakcore, lolicore, and commodore-64...

with a few mainstream pop/hip-hop/rock songs that I've been meaning to delete, but never get around to, till I hear the song away from the computer.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Iron Croc I will love any version of that song.

One of my other favorite composers is Gustov Holst. Sure, "Jupiter" from The Planets is very well known but it's still one of my favorite pieces from him.

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am inspired by music all the time. I'm the kinda person who will imagine my story in the form of an AMV when I listen to certain songs. As far as instrumentals go, I would say anything from Yuki Kajiura! If I had a lot of money, I would hire her to compose my games~

Nebuerys

Social Ninja
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Mostly, anime and video game(shocking!) music. Especially when it's covered with the piano as I love piano music in general and a bit of classics as well.

I rarely listen to songs with lyrics that I understand since I tend to sing along with them and mess up the flow of ideas in my mind, but if I were to pick, I'd say jazz and country, they're chill enough to not echo too much in my head.

Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm loving the responses. All the different tastes in music are pretty darn inspiring, I must say!

I'd like to go out on a limb and say.... SHARE some of your favorite songs with me! Quite a few of you already have. :D Wonderful stuff. Keep 'em coming! Who knows? YOU might inspire someone else!

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For some of my non-classical favorites. Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine is like, my superhero. I love and adore her. I love her stage presence. This is one of my favorite performances.

The acoustic versions of her songs are also amazing. I recommend listening to her acoustic stuff. I much prefer the acoustic version of "Shake it Out"

Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This song makes my heart smile. :D

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is the song that is currently inspiring me. I'm making a character theme. So, it's going to be a waltz in a harmonic minor (as if I've never done that before, gee) and it's for someone who literally has an air of "could not care less" and believes he controls the back streets. This song below is the one that has helped me come up with the attitude of this character.

VoxPopuli

WatchFire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Ms Littlefish

Hmm, this seems to tie in to an earlier comment I think you made about waltzes :)

Here is one of my favorite Khachaturian pieces, the Adagio from Spartacus -- this one conducted by the composer himself.

It always grabs me when the main theme kicks in around 0:51 in this version:

Vexed

Malibu Darby
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Ms Littlefish - LOVE Florence Welch! The first time I heard her was by accident on Jonathan Ross' talk show [who I can't stand and so wasn't paying attention to] but as soon as she started singing I was like "Whaa?". Infact, I've found that very performance.

The track from her first album "Blinding" actually inspired one of my personal favourite characters.

Probably my all-time fav singer-songwriter is a little known gal from Jersey [The British Island just off the coast of Normandy, not the "New" one] called Nerina Pallot. She's an amazing lyricist and and all round amazing singer. I've seen her live a bunch of times and she never fails to impress whether she's singing or doing some impromptu stand-up comedy. <3 her so much.

She has so many amazing original songs but just for the 90s peeps out there here she is doing a piano ballad cover of CeCe Peniston's dance hit from 1991 - 'Finally'~

And here's her beautiful and amazing cover of Elton John's 'Rocket Man'... just because.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ Vexed. LOVE that Rocket Man cover. I always love a cover that makes me say, "I know this is the same song, but wow, is this the same song!?" She's giving me some serious Fiona Apple vibes, too.

@ Vox. Ahaha, yep! That is the waltz that is definitely pushing me to write another one. Though at some point I should probably write more of them in a major key! Thanks for sharing that piece. I actually hadn't heard it and I love expanding my library of lesser known composers. It seems that commonly shared knowledge of classical music checked out around Beethoven and so many people are missing out on the Romantic era onward.

Vexed

Malibu Darby
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Ms Littlefish - Ooooh, yeah. I can definitely hear the similarities. Fiona Apple kinda reminds me a bit of Tori Amos too - similar dark, moody vibes. I shall have to check out her other stuff.

If you wanna check out some of Nerina's original stuff I highly recommend her album Fires. But here's a little something from one of her recent albums. Amazing live performance~

Thewindlord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Since my game is a medieval "Political Thriller" of sorts, I tend to listen to Rise Against songs. It helps me get in the theme, I guess, seeing as the game is all about revolution and politics.

GammaVector

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I pretty much always listen to music when I'm working. I put on something with the same mood as whatever scene I'm working, or map I'm mapping, and just leave that sucker on repeat. Lately it's been a lot of Simon and Garfunkel. Particularly, this:

(Edit: Whoops, I can't BBCode. ^^; )

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mostly

Classical Music,

Ambient, psychedelic of all kinds,

and strange stuff....

But mostly I listen to Pink Floyd I guess.

Dragonspeech

Lady Dragoness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My tates run nearly the whole gamut. But the genres I gonto are usually intrumental new age beats, sometimes video game remixes or even some techno whether it is trance to dubstep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Will probably never use MZ. Buys it anyway
Been playing Star Ocean: The Last Hope, the remastered version on PS4. I like it. Seems others think it's garbage, but I like these cutesy, silly, and tropey characters. Having waaaay more fun with it than SO: Integrity and Faithlessness.
In other news, my new computer is now ordered, and I'll have it in my hot little hands by the end of the week! CAN'T WAIT!!!
I've said my cat's names in such a baby-talk manner over the years, Biggs is now Biggoro, Bella is now Bellllyyaah, and somehow.....somehow Tessa is Sessashan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr