Keegs

Bridge Monkey
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
For me it's lofi, in the very beginning, as a child I didn't care for music and was getting sick of all the radio songs repeating and all the hip hop, pop stuff. My friend listened to quite a bit of vocaloid songs and I became a weeb after a bit of time, then two years pass. Discovered dubstep, got over that and found some electronic - Daft Punk, then I moved on some more couple of years and found Russian Hardbass, which I still love very much, then finally landed on lofi which was when I was sleeping in a car.

Usually lofi puts me in a heavy thinking state, where I just think real deep or get all depressed because of life and all that fun stuff, but it is also very calming. I prefer the more downcast, sad-ish lofi over poppin' ones.

How about you?

AccolourChris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For me it's lofi, in the very beginning, as a child I didn't care for music and was getting sick of all the radio songs repeating and all the hip hop, pop stuff. My friend listened to quite a bit of vocaloid songs and I became a weeb after a bit of time, then two years pass. Discovered dubstep, got over that and found some electronic - Daft Punk, then I moved on some more couple of years and found Russian Hardbass, which I still love very much, then finally landed on lofi which was when I was sleeping in a car.

Usually lofi puts me in a heavy thinking state, where I just think real deep or get all depressed because of life and all that fun stuff, but it is also very calming. I prefer the more downcast, sad-ish lofi over poppin' ones.

How about you?
This is probably weird to say...But I listen to the FF14 Music to get into any project I'm working on. Like have you ever heard the Amh Araeng theme music? Such a soothing mix between calming and upbeat...and don't get me started with songs like the Twinning! Oh my god it's so good.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I like emotionally uplifting music. I don't care what if it is anime music, game ost, or else. It usually puts me in the mood when doing something tedious. But if something requires deep thinking, I prefer silence.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to General Lounge. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Bendyizzt

The Radionist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
This is weird but...I listen to Boss/final boss themes, I know they're not very relaxing to people but there relaxing to me [I feel like I could let the boss hit me over and over and I would not give a care]

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I love musical theatre inspired songs, a lot of rock, or anything written by Jim Steinman. Gets me in a weird kind of 'mellow, but inspired' sort of mood most of the time, some of the more upbeat songs make me excited to get some work done.

SentakuX

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
J-rock and metalcore is what I usually listen to whenever I'm working on something. For some reason it's weirdly motivating and inspiring. I'm probably just weird or somethin'.
That, or just visual novel music. I like the original Higurashi OST a lot even if it's all just stock music.

orochi2k

The Mad King of Neolithic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I just got JDB artist's madness vol2 from the humble store.
Now, I am under some weird madness influence.

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Y'all, I just discovered GXSCC. :biggrin: :biggrin: So right now what puts me in the mood is FAMICOM BUXTEHUUUUUUUDE! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Switz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While mapping (fantasy RPG), I always like to listen to Norse/Celtic music or the maps BGM I've chosen for it.

Azurose

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lofi and synthwave for me, as well. It helps me focus more.

Kudos to the FF14 mention, though. The OST for that game is just phenomenal, and I often find myself listening to it whenever I wanna hype myself up

SoftCloud

Aspiring Game Alchemist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like to listen to a lot of cinematic, ambient, and game soundtrack music. Sometimes I switch it up to help with the mood of the game/scene. :3

Lately a lot of Borderlands music and Fallout 76

Nilero

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I like different kind of music. I guess it all depends on my mood. For example this weekend I was listening to Latino music a lot while cleaning my property in Spain and today I prefer AC/DC, the opposite...

Last edited:

AlexCaffe

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
My playlist depends on the mood and circumstances in which I listen to music. If I work in a workshop it is 100% rock music. If I work on a computer, then this is relaxing music.

Jeallom

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Primarily Uses
Other
I usually listen to Imagine dragons

AeroPergold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Jack Stauber, intros and outros to old Boomer anime (Like Urusei Yatsura) and early 2000's techno music like Darude and DJ Alice or anything you could find in a period accurate DDR machine.

toast-music

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
Other
Bal-Sagoth. That stuff puts me in a good mood and something similiar could absolutely work in a RPG Maker game.
(Mods, don´t freak out, that is an official upload.)

RustyHinge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm super eclectic with my music taste, I'm pretty much open to anything! But I do have some favourites :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another character battle theme
Sorry everyone. Covid rules made me a laptop potatoe and I would need more exercise and past 2nd invasion I am still fighting for space also here. So I am not enough often here and... well I answer even less to my e-mails. DC is saying a huge HI to everyone with her heavy wet purrings.

You all take care in here ^^
traficaccidence.jpg
"It's time to add cars into the city!"
--- Famous last word of the developer's character before hit by a car :kaoswt2:
Yay, our new game, Causality is finally released on Steam!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beru