What One Thing In RPG Maker Would You Like To See?

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Two things I'd love to see in RPG Maker, aside from something like more event commands, is the ability to see move routes and the passability settings of tiles within the editor itself.

BlueVikingr

The Dragonbirb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The option to use a linear motion battle system.

WesdrasLink

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
* Option to change the grid from 48x48 to any other that i want.
* More layers to maps.
* A event comand to draw or erase a especific tile in game in any coordinate that i want.
* Better way to make characters have diferents animations (Pose - Attack)
* 3D for maps, like some other engines like Paper RPG Maker.
* Use 3d models as charsets/battlers/monster. Maybe low poly?
* A tool to easily design menus/windows to fit at any resolution/aspect ratio.
* A good way to import resources to the character generator.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Instead one thing in MV, how about a new engine with the ability to make a few type of games, such as rogue-likes, strategic turn based, card games, click based games, instead of being focused on rpgs, not saying rpgs/jrpgs are bad, but the diversity is lacking here, i've seen some awesome rpg maker games, but most of them are identical in terms of gameplay and ideas.
A program called RPG Maker is used for making RPGs? What sorcery is this?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Remember everyone, ONE idea. That's the point of this thread. Choose your favorite and post that. Let's not overload the post with our entire wish list.

PixelHeart

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Make the tile grid/resolution re-sizable without the use of plugins.

Or even just give us the choice between 16x,24x,32x,48x, when starting a project, or something like that. Common, please! Y'all friggin post 16x16 assets as optimized for MV on the store, yet it clashes with the menus without some work-around in the form of a pluggin.... I bet this is gunna get 'liked' the crap out of, like it it usually has, yet yall still ask what sort of feature we want in RM.....Adjustable-Tile-Grid. Please. PLEASE T.T .

richter_h

Eh? Sweetroll?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Actually I was about to say "subversioning capability" but I remember it's possible to use git in MV, so...

how about built-in PNG compression capability?

D.L. Yomegami

Sanely Insane
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Fix the problems (lag, screen tearing, etc.) with AMD graphics cards. I know it's not a completely universal issue, but they seem common enough and they're extremely frustrating. I'm really tired of having to pick between good performance and 1.6.1+ exclusive plugins for my games because I don't have any other options for a computer.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Improve your code philosophy. As it is, it is absolutely dreadful.

Not only neither MV nor VNMaker have any proper documentation whatsoever (scripter's guide really don't cut it), the philosophy of developing an engine to "be compatible with as many plugins as possible" and hence hampering progress is not good either. ES6 came out. It allowed for asynchronous programming, including asynchronous resource loading instead of on-demand resource loading. That would've helped with performance a great deal. And it's nothing unimaginable, even I've been able to do it myself. But we have to rely on community fixes, because breaking some plugins is more important than improving the overall performance a great deal? Show me a single customer-based product, where they thought it was a good idea. ESPECIALLY when you offer the ability to downgrade the RM to previous versions.

Believe me or not, as someone, who has sunk over 400 bucks in the RM franchise, I really don't like that you have to rely on the community to implement fixes of things that shouldn't be a problem in the first place.

evmaster

Think Outside the Box
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Better video support. The videos freeze from time time in MV.

Soulrender

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
More customizable deployment options for windows (I don't use other systems) so something like this would be nice.

Explanation:

- Output directory - Speaks for itself.
- Exclude unused files - also, but would also check whetter file is included in notetag(s)
- Create assets packages - it would compress game files into archives that cannot be opened in common archivizers.
- Encrypted with - This option would enables when user checks that wants to create packages and could select wich encryption method use.
- Custom Application Icon - instead of default deployed icon in game.exe user may use his own icon file.
- Mature Content - Before game launches it would show a message that warns player about mature content in game.
- Run As Administrator - Some Windows configurations as versions causes problems with starting MV games (had one that problem) so this would fix problem.

This is for now I'd like to see in MV or future versions.

Hyouryuu-Na

Currently Inactive
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bangla/Bengali
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Better and more flexible event editting system. Now we have to click on each event and make the necessary changes... would've been better if we could change multiple things all at once... I just want to bulk edit the texts

Caz

Green Eyes Blonde Dragon
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I could probably come up with a whole bunch of stuff, but the thing that would likely help me most would be more Self Switches and Self Variables.

4 self switches per event is just not enough at all sometimes if you've got something real complex going on. The addition of self variables would be incredible too. I know there are plugins out there for that kind of thing, but it'd be nice if it was built into the editor. :eswt:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
- Run As Administrator - Some Windows configurations as versions causes problems with starting MV games (had one that problem) so this would fix problem.
This must never and under no circumstances happen.
"Run as admin" must always be a manual user decision - if not any virus could claim administrator privilegues and install itself anywhere.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Create assets packages - it would compress game files into archives that cannot be opened in common archivizers.
RM needs a way to open it and if we have a Javascript engine, I can read the code and run it to extract the files. It's pointless to invest in difficult method if we make an open-source engine.

Encrypted with - This option would enables when user checks that wants to create packages and could select wich encryption method use.
Same as previous point.

Mature Content - Before game launches it would show a message that warns player about mature content in game.
If I play a game with mature content, I usually know it from the description. No need for this kind of feature.
Run As Administrator - Some Windows configurations as versions causes problems with starting MV games (had one that problem) so this would fix problem.
This is a brutal security risk!

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There is no one thing for me..
Here's what RPG Maker MV needs.
Dumped.. abandoned.
Start from scratch and do it right this time.
Take some pages from another software i'm using right now that i can't mention because of some silly rule.
But it's from the some company in Japan.
And it has better mapping and tilset options, better layering options.
Better options for screen resolution, and the size of said tiles.. like i said, i can't mention the name of the software..
But i'm sure SOME of you know what software i'm speaking of.
And if not that.. I guess my answer would be "GO BACK TO HOW MAPPING AND TILESETS AND SUCH WERE DONE IN RPG MAKER XP!"
I just despise not having control over what goes on what layer.
I despise the autotiles and how they're set up.
I despise having to use weird workarounds to make the sort of map i want.
I despise the blocky way auto tiles come out.
I wish i had a simple suggestion... i don't.
I've not even used RPG Maker in maybe a year or so.
I'd like to use RPG Maker again.. but i don't like using it anymore because of the above reasons.
It's frustrating..

FleshToDust

Eventer, Disliker of Plugins
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think most people want an editable sprite size(16x16, 32x32 etc).
I'd like to see up to 8 animations for character movement instead of just 3.
The big one for me though is to be able to customize menu's. I think that's not going to happen though so I'd settle for the former two.

Lilly

Joy Bringer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A audio recording function.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Oh, stop with the Melodrama...

...Listen to it instead!

anybody else like getting baked whilst coding?

When you go to the beach watch out for coconuts. Coconuts are more dangerous than sharks. Fact.
Try to get into pixelart again, so far its a sucess.
Also finally found a useful pixeltutorial which helps a lot.
♫ Anyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree plant, but he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes, he's got high apple pie in the sky hopes ♫

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gundu