What other Genre interests you in a Survival Game made with RPG Maker ?

Which of these Sub Genre do you find interesting in a Survival RPG ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uruuha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
At least, add some "Flavor text" rather than just put a dot in the thread content.
What is your goal by putting this poll, what do you personally think of this, etc...
Open a discussion, not just a poll.

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hate survival games, but I like old-school adventures, so dat's me vote! :biggrin: Genres I'd also play: survival/dating sim, survival/comedy, survival/RTS, survival/soccer, aaannd... survival/railroad tycoon maybe?

Uruuha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
At least, add some "Flavor text" rather than just put a dot in the thread content.
What is your goal by putting this poll, what do you personally think of this, etc...
Open a discussion, not just a poll.

I just wanted to know people's opinion on what kind of Sub-Genre they would like to see to go along a Survival game, made in RPG Maker. Sorry, I couldn't think of anything to Discuss about it so I placed a dot. Also, since I don't mention anything in detail, I thought discussion would be irrelevant.

I guess its ok for people to share their thoughts. Hope I'm not breaking any Forum rules, I apologize in advance if i did.

Azurose

Mediocrity itself
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like my survival games the most in horror settings, I think there is a lot of room for many things there.

I can see an interesting RPG Maker game being made about slice of life survival too, kind of like a Sims like game where you have to study, get a job, buy new property, keep your character alive. etc

KenKrath

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I know it's kind of cliché but I really want to play a zombie horror survival RPG game. Can't seem to find a good one. I mean you kind of got State of Decay, but I need something with more RPG elements and management elements.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not a Survival Game guy at all (there's a tension and morbidity to them that I don't like), but I think that a Slice-of-Life or casual Outdoorsmanship setting could be fun, both allowing relaxation and levity in big enough doses to create that pattern of light-and-shade against the pressing need to find food and supplies and protect yourself. A historical setting could be interesting too, as it would feel like an interesting way to learn about a whole different time period with a whole different host of problems than we think of today.

This War of Mine, a survival game where you play as a group of refugees trying to stay alive in the midst of a civil war (in what I think it an allegory for an Eastern bloc state after the cold war), is one of the most interesting settings I've ever heard of for a Survival game.

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A historical setting could be interesting too, as it would feel like an interesting way to learn about a whole different time period with a whole different host of problems than we think of today.
Yeeesss! Farmer: The Italian Wars - I waaaant! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Crazya

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I like survival games that have me go from Zero to Hero. But I am kind of weird; I don’t mind grinding myself up. As someone who loves history (enough to get a BA in it), History with a mystery set sounds like a fun one! However, I do enjoy a slice of life with a modern-day setting. These are all great choices, though; I have played mostly survival games, so this is my opinion. Also! If the writing/story is great, too, it’s a huge plus.

d3j4-v00d00

do that voodoo
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am very curious how a Slice of Life/Survival game would be handled. Is the Protagonist a NEET, with a goal to break out of their agoraphobic shell? Is it an office simulator with a comedic, if violent, bent?

And of course, Survival/Horror is a must-have. I cannot stand horror as a genre (I get scared! ╯︿╰ ), but I love it anyway. Weird.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Survival/sci-fi, but without the survival or with survival as an afterthought. Not too into survival, so there's that.

I am very curious how a Slice of Life/Survival game would be handled. Is the Protagonist a NEET, with a goal to break out of their agoraphobic shell? Is it an office simulator with a comedic, if violent, bent?
My vote is for the office setting. You have to make it through the day without your rage meter reaching 100.

orochi2k

The Mad King of Neolithic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Just think about it. One day, some beautiful things in life are gone. In the next few years, anything related to them is fading. Now, you are the only survivor who still has that part of memory.
Knowing, if you die, those certain beautiful things will die with you, how will you survive or even rebuild a world to revive those things?

That's basically how I write a Slice of Life/Survival story.
And...I am doing that right now...
(Of course, that's not going to be revealed at the beginning to let players feel they are "surviving" or...many of them will just rage quit.... Kids nowadays..... :kaoswt2: )

Last edited:

Uruuha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

And of course, Survival/Horror is a must-have. I cannot stand horror as a genre (I get scared! ╯︿╰ ), but I love it anyway. Weird.

Basically, My idea of "Slice of Life" Survival in a Modern day setting was that of a Late 20s person who had lost his/her Job and had gone broke and had started to live alone in Tiny Home, Depending on Govt hand-outs.

With this money, you manage to survive however you can and also by selling things you don't need. Eventually your Home is going to get taken away and you will be left to fend off on your own on the Streets. At that point, You are given many choices (Like find Decent Job, Sell a Precious Item you own or Resort to Crime). These are the equivalent of "Class choices" at this point in the game.

All these choices will have greater impact later on in the Game. You have the options of constantly upgrading your Home (You can buy a new one later on), Income (Find other ways to earn Income), Food (You can start eating fancy, Which also fills up your Hunger and combat stats) throughout the Game regardless of the Choices. Of course, People you meet again depends on the choices you make which will unlock Unique quests.

You also meet new friends and Family every once in a while (Some that will betray you, Some that will bring you Gifts or some that will actually help you in a big ways). I haven't planned out everything yet. But these are the Basic ideas I had in my mind.

I didn't want to write down my ideas (Not that i have all of them planned) for every Genre, Because it would create a Bias while Voting for the ones I have Planned Vs Ones I haven't planned. Again, I'm open to new ideas, So I highly appreciate everyone's Ideas ^ ^

Last edited:

RachelTheSeeker

Suddenly, a summer breeze...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would've went with post-apocalyptic myself. Closest to my preferred style in the polls is Sci-Fi, so I picked that one. Some of it can also blend horror and/or fantasy aspects too. Something like Caves of Qud is an ideal post-apoc survival game for the engine.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finnuval wrote on Alador's profile.
Cute new avatar you got there ;)
Alberest so far, got a lot done but still ALOT left to do.
Wish I had a better means of taking screenshots...
Map is 148x98

concept: zombie slayer fest.

Lag because of outdated hardware.

Lots todo:
-Terrax lightning should have another step for the flashlight, between up down left right.
-Also Online mv from Nelderson should emit the flashlight from the other player.
-Animation needed for killing the zombie...
Before adding it to #crypchania.
Working on a case. Get all the evidence to prosecute some bad guys. :kaojoy:
But, the game development schedule delayed. :kaoswt2:
The moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished... I guess...
Except that, nothing to see here. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hydraktar