What parts of RPG Maker development do you struggle with the most?

Which topic(s) do you struggle to work on most in your projects? (see OP for more info)

• Total voters

Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mapping is a Nightmare for me. I have tried hours and days but I still create very bad looking maps, Looks like i just don't have what it takes to be a Good Mapper;_;

Database is the most fun part for me. I enjoy working on the Database and also Planning the Story & Concepts in the Game. Planning events is kind of fun too.. It gets you thinking. My absolute Favorite part while working on the Game is Planning the Battle System and Balancing the Skill Damage, Numbers etc maybe its because i love Math.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mapping is a Nightmare for me. I have tried hours and days but I still create very bad looking maps, Looks like i just don't have what it takes to be a Good Mapper;_;

Database is the most fun part for me. I enjoy working on the Database and also Planning the Story & Concepts in the Game. Planning events is kind of fun too.. It gets you thinking. My absolute Favorite part while working on the Game is Planning the Battle System and Balancing the Skill Damage, Numbers etc maybe its because i love Math.
So basically my polar opposite lol

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Let's see... I'm horrible at art, can't create music, often get stuck when making items/weapons/armor that is unique in the database, and balancing combat is always difficult.

What I am good at, is writing. My brother is seemingly baffled on how I come up with dialogue and make it sound natural, or can come up with a story pretty easily.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Overlord of Memes)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What I can do.
Mapping. Editor mostly.
Pixel-art. I learned recently.
Writing. Comedy mostly.
Eventing. Even rather complex systems, but I specialize in cutscenes.

What I can't do.
Coding. I don't understand anything there.
Composing. Although I can create SEs and edit/loop/assign tracks.
Gameplay Balancing.

Last edited:

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's somehow inspiring to hear that I'm not the only one who struggles with these things! Now we can all work on our projects knowing our suffering is not alone. XD

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's somehow inspiring to hear that I'm not the only one who struggles with these things! Now we can all work on our projects knowing our suffering is not alone. XD
And maybe ask,, offer and accept help from time to time :p
(sorry couldnt help it lol)

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And maybe ask,, offer and accept help from time to time :p
Honestly, very good point though.
Don't feel like you need to make your entire project alone. Every developer has had some kind of help creating their game. Don't let your struggles stop progress on your projects!

tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sound - Finding music that fits project's mood can be time consuming. Tweaking pitch/ tone for sounds, takes while to get right.

Mapping - I didn't spend much time on mapping large areas. Usually exterior tiles with land formations are difficult to replicate.

Database - Okay with organizing- mostly good at minimizing things. I'm not too familiar with balancing stats for equipment/ battle.

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
I really struggle so much with the script/plugin side of things in game deving >.< Mainly because I have trouble with conflicting plugins and scripts, and some errors here and there. x(( Thankfully, the community is filled with amazing helpful people who are pro at scripts/plugins/codes that will come to the rescue when things get sour with the codes for me. xD :D

I also have trouble a bit with mapping sometimes, especially maps that involve mountains and stuff. >.<

But yeah, other than that, I still have a lot to learn in all of the aspects of RM-ing anyway (Be it, art, story, etc.). ;) This is why I'm happy RPG maker communities exist!! <3

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good topic. I love designing my own windows. Recently, I was creating a plug-in to create beautiful windows into my own channel. And I love development

fluffymonster

She's So FLUFFY!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I marked Sound, Eventing/Scripting, and mapping. I'm not musically inclined. I know when I like something, but I don't really know how to make music. My mapping skills aren't the best. I think eventing/scripting is the worst for me, though. I'll be eventing a long event and something will go wrong and I'll just get lost and anxious since there's so much and I have to troubleshoot until I figure out what went wrong. I'm not too great with numbers, either. :kaocry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

When you realize @Kupotepo is a champion among RM Web users, and it all makes sense now:
Worst nightmare this morning, tried to get 20 minutes of work done on my project before heading to work and got hit with a POWER SURGE. Restarted my computer and the project was CORRUPTED, luckily I made a back up a few days ago so I only lost 4 days of work but still
Ami
what the other name of Elixir?

many games are use that,i want name it different.
What does your project folder look like?
I was told that an iPhone can provide a personal internet hotspot...You learn something new everyday!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr